Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:00:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Wafer Broke?  (Read 13660 times)
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:56:17 PM

<stuff applicable to real-world business>

What you say may all hold true in a normal company/market, but it goes right out the window here.

The nature of the product is such that it sells itself.  For every 1 person turned off by Josh's antics, 10 more will place new orders, lured by the promise of easy money.

I concur that Josh is a complete douchenozzle, and I would love to see him get what he deserves.

With that said, I still ordered from BFL despite Josh and everything else that is wrong with BFL, and plan to hold my orders until they are fulfilled (I'm thinking December-ish).  For me it's a business decision.

(I also ordered from some other ASIC-makers.)

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:01:10 PM

The problem is, for everyone one of you that says NO WAY IN HELL there are three others that are refreshed by the fact that I don't cater to whiny customers, so the point is really moot. 

If you don't like it, don't order.  Vote with your wallet.

Josh.

I say this with sincerity.

Get help.

You can rest assured that once BFL ships my back-orders, you will never see another penny from me ever again.
twitami1

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:03:15 PM

<stuff applicable to real-world business>

What you say may all hold true in a normal company/market, but it goes right out the window here.

The nature of the product is such that it sells itself.  For every 1 person turned off by Josh's antics, 10 more will place new orders, lured by the promise of easy money.

I concur that Josh is a complete douchenozzle, and I would love to see him get what he deserves.

With that said, I still ordered from BFL despite Josh and everything else that is wrong with BFL, and plan to hold my orders until they are fulfilled (I'm thinking December-ish).  For me it's a business decision.

(I also ordered from some other ASIC-makers.)

Agreed to a certain extent. But still, common sense if nothing else tells you to treat people who have given you, or may give you money, with some respect.
rograz

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:14:19 PM

Agreed to a certain extent. But still, common sense if nothing else tells you to treat people who have given you, or may give you money, with some respect.

Respect is earned and not bought, if someone behaves like an idiot I expect them to be treated like an idiot independent of the size of their wallet.
blackarrow

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 05:35:56 PM

So I heard one of BFL's wafers were broken and they're waiting on another batch. If this is true, it will add to the delays.  Anyone know if this is true?

ROTFL

We manufacture Bitcoin ASICs and Bitcoin mining equipment.
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:13:19 PM

Buying ASICs a lot more like buying a bag of crack than ordering a cheeseburger.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:16:56 PM

I haven't bought crack before, but I would imagine you don't have to pay for it a year before you get it.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
pikeadz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:51:09 PM

If you don't like it, don't order.  Vote with your wallet.

Careful what you wish for.   Cheesy
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 07:37:19 PM

Respect is earned and not bought, if someone behaves like an idiot I expect them to be treated like an idiot independent of the size of their wallet.

This is pretty much the long and short of it.  If you actually go back in my post history and look at the people who approach me in a rational, honest way, they get the same in response.  Approach with an irrational, trollish way, spouting lies and BS... well, you get what you deserve.  Take k9quaint and PL as prime examples.  Every post they make for the most part contains at least one lie or falsehood, doctored up to support their flawed positions and irrational hatered of BFL, so they get the same in return.  In contrast, take any post that has a mature tone and rational content, and you'll see my responses are equally rational and helpful.  The problem is, Bitcointalk has very little of the latter and is comprised almost entirely of the former.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:39:28 PM

He's on record as saying that Inaba is Josh speaking as Josh (unfiltered), and BFL_Josh is Josh speaking as the BFL rep.

No, Josh always uses his Inaba account - even when talking about BFL in his role as company representative.

Go check his stats:

Name:            BFL_Josh
Position:        Jr. Member
Date Registered: August 01, 2012, 02:58:50 PM
Last Active:     January 11, 2013, 08:16:28 AM

That was 3 month ago ...

I thought BFL stopped using bitcointalk for official statements anyway, the info you just posted kind of supports that as well doesn't it. So anything Josh posts here these days is HIS PERSONAL views/estimates, as was already said.

Well they do spam their ads all over the forum so I would consider that still posting on the forum.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:50:03 PM

This is pretty much the long and short of it.  If you actually go back in my post history and look at the people who approach me in a rational, honest way, they get the same in response.  Approach with an irrational, trollish way, spouting lies and BS... well, you get what you deserve.  Take k9quaint and PL as prime examples.  Every post they make for the most part contains at least one lie or falsehood, doctored up to support their flawed positions and irrational hatered of BFL, so they get the same in return.  In contrast, take any post that has a mature tone and rational content, and you'll see my responses are equally rational and helpful.  The problem is, Bitcointalk has very little of the latter and is comprised almost entirely of the former.

THIS ^^ Your approach is flawed. Treating others how they treat you does not give a good image to customers and possible future customers.

If you treat your current customers badly...likely the future ones will hear about it and then it is a recursive endless death spiral.

One line that has always held true: Pride goes before a fall. You are no special case. PirateAt40 was prideful, MNW was too, Bruce Wagner as well...see a pattern yet?

BFL and you Josh are on that path with your outrageous claims on delivery times, speeds, power, prices, and not to mention your immature manner on the forums as the COO of BFL.

I may be a troll and sometimes immature but then again I am NOT the COO of BFL. Big difference buddy lol.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

computerparts (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:59:47 PM

Wow some of you guys must have A LOT of time on your hands. I'd really like to know what happened with the chips. Some say wafer busted, some say chips lost. Will we ever know what really happened?
kibblesnbits

Activity: 557

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:01:48 PM

This is pretty much the long and short of it.  If you actually go back in my post history and look at the people who approach me in a rational, honest way, they get the same in response.  Approach with an irrational, trollish way, spouting lies and BS... well, you get what you deserve.  Take k9quaint and PL as prime examples.  Every post they make for the most part contains at least one lie or falsehood, doctored up to support their flawed positions and irrational hatered of BFL, so they get the same in return.  In contrast, take any post that has a mature tone and rational content, and you'll see my responses are equally rational and helpful.  The problem is, Bitcointalk has very little of the latter and is comprised almost entirely of the former.

Is it true that the wafer is broken and that we (customers) are back to square one? 

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:03:25 PM

THIS ^^ Your approach is flawed. Treating others how they treat you does not give a good image to customers and possible future customers.

If you treat your current customers badly...likely the future ones will hear about it and then it is a recursive endless death spiral.

One line that has always held true: Pride goes before a fall. You are no special case. PirateAt40 was prideful, MNW was too, Bruce Wagner as well...see a pattern yet?

BFL and you Josh are on that path with your outrageous claims on delivery times, speeds, power, prices, and not to mention your immature manner on the forums as the COO of BFL.

I may be a troll and sometimes immature but then again I am NOT the COO of BFL. Big difference buddy lol.

... and he hits it out of the park ! It's a Grand Slam Home Run folks !
centove

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:07:51 PM

You know, not for nothing, but you guys have an 'official' forum with an 'official' announcements board that you don't seem to use. This lets people make all sorts of wild speculations. It also sounds like BFL is a bunch of talented engineers, and as such tend to think every design will only have minimal problems so they base the estimates on that. Failing to take into account stuff doesn't always work correctly and any estimate should be worst case scenario. Take the current drama going on about the new pcb/chips you 'should' have them by the end of the week ? Realistically you should estimate them coming in 2 weeks and base the public info on that. That gives time for shipping delays or other unforeseen issues. Then _IF_ they come in on time and the work as expected you guys look like heroes. So from the rumor mill (which is all we realistically have to go by) are you not shipping/building anything while you wait for the new batch of whatever? (see a post in the 'official' announcements board would go along way)

Give me Btc: 1BRkf5bwSVdGCyvu4SyYBiJjEjbNiAQoYd Mine on my node: http://ask.gxsnmp.org:9332/
cdog

Activity: 1036

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:12:08 PM

Im not sure what more unreal, that the wafer is "lost" like some homework that the dog ate, there was no official announcement about this, the fact that this guy is the COO and public face of a multimillion dollar company, or that he hasnt been fired and replaced by someone who is well suited for the job.

It might ship next week. Uh-huh. Sure. Right. Just like it was gonna ship next week in December of 2012?

Its all pretty mindblowing. I wonder how many people are cancelling preorders this week vs how many new orders are coming in.

It could all just collapse very quickly now for them, especially if BTC has a bad week/month, all of BFL may go poof and "relocate" to a China which has no extradition policy with the USA.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:19:28 PM

This is pretty much the long and short of it.  If you actually go back in my post history and look at the people who approach me in a rational, honest way, they get the same in response.  Approach with an irrational, trollish way, spouting lies and BS... well, you get what you deserve.  Take k9quaint and PL as prime examples.  Every post they make for the most part contains at least one lie or falsehood, doctored up to support their flawed positions and irrational hatered of BFL, so they get the same in return.  In contrast, take any post that has a mature tone and rational content, and you'll see my responses are equally rational and helpful.  The problem is, Bitcointalk has very little of the latter and is comprised almost entirely of the former.

On my tenth post in dealing with Inaba he threatened to hold a restraining order against me (on bogus trumped up charges). This was to keep me from ever referring any statements to BFL, Himself and/or keep me from interacting with the forum. He stated that my daughter and family might be incarcerated or financially held liable. This was because I dispatched an email and complained to BFL that his behavior was "unacceptable" and he was costing them money. He (Josh) in turn intercepted the emails and then stole my private information contained within the complaint.

He then addressed me to de-escalate my interactions in PM. Which I then sent the PM to TheyMos (Site Admin).

TheyMos then agreed that Josh was....I don't recall the wording exactly...but something akin to an asshole. He thought I should post it publicly. Josh (in the midst of his threatening PM) asked me not to reveal the PM at that time.

I told Josh that he could not prevent me from bringing my complaint to BFL (his employers). Since then he and I have never gotten along. Since then he and I have been cats and dogs.

-----------------------

For months now, Inaba has been spreading all kinds of baloney. If you believe him, without actually looking into his claims, then you deserve to be duped. Do you homework first and read up, then make your decision.

If it hasn't become pretty obvious by now, he has a pretty low standing in the community due to....all sorts of things.

The only reason why people even treat him amicably is because he has others pre-order money and probably because they REALLY (I mean REALLY) want the e-money printing machine. (Jalapeno, Little Single, Single, MiniRig)

If it weren't for their pre-order money and a hopeful promise, I doubt most customers would tolerate Josh/Inaba for any length of time.

----------------------

I personally think Josh knows this, so that is why he is such an asshole. He doesn't have to be nice. Not to customers or even to prospective customers. He knows people will lose their pre-order if they lose their cool. So they don't and bite their lip. They are willful "hostages" as another BFL customer mentioned in his "quiet rage" at Inabas/Josh postings and surreal attitude.

Keep in mind what you getting into before you send funds to BFL. That is all. Read up on the past, then with that information you will make your own informed decisions.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:25:31 PM

Take k9quaint and PL as prime examples.  Every post they make for the most part contains at least one lie or falsehood...

He has a point, since in many posts I am quoting an assertion made by Inaba that has turned out to be false.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:27:00 PM

Drama

Always drama going on in this subforum. I got tired of debating this stuff months ago and only pop in to voice my opinion every now and then.

BFL has been quiet since they received their new PCB last Friday. I'm speculating that the power problem was not fixed with this revision, otherwise they'd have shown it off by now in pics or a video.

I hope all you debaters (and some of you masterdebaters  Cheesy) are doing well,

Cheers,

Ch
Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:27:54 PM

Let me fix that for you:

I thought BFL stopped using bitcointalk the Internet for official statements anyway, the info you just posted kind of supports that as well doesn't it. So anything Josh posts here these days is HIS PERSONAL views/estimates insults and blatant lies, as was already said.

Questions for you: Were does BFL post official statements? Is it the bullshit on their always outdated homepage ("... we are in final stage development")? Buried in deep shit on their forums? On grnbrgs Twitter feed? ... where are those official statements you're talking about?

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: