Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:51:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Wafer Broke?  (Read 13660 times)
jimmy3dita

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:10:34 AM

SO,

back on topic... waffles or dimsum?

Acquista il mio libro "Investire Bitcoin": clicca qui
jordaninthesky

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:45:51 AM

Great thread and discussion, guys.

Can we try to get back on topic?

Computerparts, Where does this broken wafer info come from?

Josh, could you please address the topic of the thread instead of responding to insults?

LOL., you must be new here so let me explain how it goes.

-Thread starts with some worrysome news about BFL
-The usual trolls come on stage
-Josh comes on stage
-Josh addresses only the trolls but is oblivious to most of the actual questions.
-Thread escalates.
-Questions about the worrysome news go unanswered.

So sit back and enjoy the final part of this thread.

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:40:03 PM

Ok, now this shit be funny.

A little bit incredulous that you think being so late to deliver your product is something you should find funny.

Way to continue fostering a positive and healthy image for Butterfly Labs !

centove

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 02:16:05 PM

SO,

back on topic... waffles or dimsum?

I want waffles!

Give me Btc: 1BRkf5bwSVdGCyvu4SyYBiJjEjbNiAQoYd Mine on my node: http://ask.gxsnmp.org:9332/
sensei

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:31:39 PM

Don't forget the chicken...
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:47:42 PM

I'm going to make a way-out suggestion and say "Screw your waffles, dimsum, and chicken. I say we move to Poutine !"
rograz

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:48:35 PM

mmm waffles with chicken, can I still have syrup with that?
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:52:16 PM

I'm going to make a way-out suggestion and say "Screw your waffles, dimsum, and chicken. I say we move to Poutine !"

Poutine avec sauces picante pis un pepsi SVP.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
jorgebuck

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:52:36 PM

mmm waffles with chicken, can I still have syrup with that?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/37/80785169_8d0f1a831c.jpg

you can get anything you want at roscoes chicken and waffles
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1819

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:01:17 PM

This is pretty much the long and short of it.  If you actually go back in my post history and look at the people who approach me in a rational, honest way, they get the same in response.  Approach with an irrational, trollish way, spouting lies and BS... well, you get what you deserve.  Take k9quaint and PL as prime examples.  Every post they make for the most part contains at least one lie or falsehood, doctored up to support their flawed positions and irrational hatered of BFL, so they get the same in return.  In contrast, take any post that has a mature tone and rational content, and you'll see my responses are equally rational and helpful.  The problem is, Bitcointalk has very little of the latter and is comprised almost entirely of the former.

The only problem with your rationalization that "the problem is Bitcointalk" is that you don't see this same behavior towards Bitsyncom. They have also had some issues and delays yet the attitude towards them is drastically different. If what you claim about these forums was true then Bitsyncom would also be experiencing the same response that you are. Care to explain this anomaly?
Um right? You missed reality there.
Firstly you stated "you don't see this same behavior towards Bitsyncom" - which is incorrect, not many, but not zero.
However, anyone with an Avalon order knows that if they get on GitSyncom's bad side, their order may be delayed or lost.
That's why the Avalon orders are silent about the fact that Avalon stopped shipping quite a while ago and have delayed for about 2 months so far and not shipped anything that they were able to produce and ship 3.5 months ago.
... even though according to them, the money you give them is used to produce your product (and thus you have no option for a refund) but also apparently it hasn't been producing the products at all ... ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:07:12 PM

However, anyone with an Avalon order knows that if they get on GitSyncom's bad side, their order may be delayed or lost.

So what you are inferring is if one were to get on Josh's bad-side, their order might be delayed or lost as well ?

Interesting how both BitSyncom and Josh are so seemingly alike.

Josh threatened to adjust my orders in the queue just yesterday before he silenced me on the Butterfly Labs shoutbox.
DataPlumber

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 05:13:28 PM

A little bit incredulous that you think being so late to deliver your product is something you should find funny.

Way to conveniently remove context.  He's not allowed to think a joke is funny?

God help him if he ever simply posts "Yes." to a question.   You could make him agree to anything!

Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:16:18 PM

God help him if he ever simply posts "Yes." to a question.   You could make him agree to anything!

God help him if he ever answers a direct question without resorting to cries of "Troll".

Your shill is showing.
DataPlumber

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 05:20:54 PM

Your shill is showing.
Took longer than I expected for that particular ad hominem  to be flung, but still less than 24 hours.

Should I assume you're a shill for Avalon, then?  Or can we just not play that lame, stupid game..?

Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:23:07 PM

Your shill is showing.
Took longer than I expected for that particular ad hominem  to be flung, but still less than 24 hours.

Should I assume you're a shill for Avalon, then?  Or can we just not play that lame, stupid game..?

I have 4 orders for BFL Single SC's @ 60GH/s. Ask me why I'm angry again.
DataPlumber

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 05:33:36 PM

Your shill is showing.
Took longer than I expected for that particular ad hominem to be flung, but still less than 24 hours.

I have 4 orders for BFL Single SC's @ 60GH/s. Ask me why I'm angry again.
I have one on order too.  But I probably placed mine much later, when there was no longer any deadline credibility to lose.  So if you expected November delivery, then yeah, I feel for ya, because this has been a timeline disaster.

But I don't necessarily think this is a good enough excuse to try to destroy any remaining value of the forum as a place for useful discussion.  If I had another place to go to try to find a useful discussion about what's going on at BFL, I'd go there.

As it is, there are a few people that jump on any BFL thread and do everything they can to hijack/destroy them.  And that disappoints me.  So I'm trying to somewhat counterbalance the anger with rationality.

bce

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:41:14 PM

It was meant as a joke, dude.  Cheesy  I've been waiting since June 2012 on my pre-order, so I seriously understand everyone's frustration, but there's nothing much anyone can do but wait and see how the redesigned boards / enclosures work.
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:57:59 PM

This is pretty much the long and short of it.  If you actually go back in my post history and look at the people who approach me in a rational, honest way, they get the same in response.  Approach with an irrational, trollish way, spouting lies and BS... well, you get what you deserve.  Take k9quaint and PL as prime examples.  Every post they make for the most part contains at least one lie or falsehood, doctored up to support their flawed positions and irrational hatered of BFL, so they get the same in return.  In contrast, take any post that has a mature tone and rational content, and you'll see my responses are equally rational and helpful.  The problem is, Bitcointalk has very little of the latter and is comprised almost entirely of the former.

The only problem with your rationalization that "the problem is Bitcointalk" is that you don't see this same behavior towards Bitsyncom. They have also had some issues and delays yet the attitude towards them is drastically different. If what you claim about these forums was true then Bitsyncom would also be experiencing the same response that you are. Care to explain this anomaly?
Um right? You missed reality there.
Firstly you stated "you don't see this same behavior towards Bitsyncom" - which is incorrect, not many, but not zero.
That's why the Avalon orders are silent about the fact that Avalon stopped shipping quite a while ago and have delayed for about 2 months so far and not shipped anything that they were able to produce and ship 3.5 months ago.
... even though according to them, the money you give them is used to produce your product (and thus you have no option for a refund) but also apparently it hasn't been producing the products at all ... ...

I'm sorry but the behavior is not the same. If I remember correctly, somebody actually took ads out to advertise BFL's shipping delays on these forums. There is literally a mob of anti-BFL vigilantes patrolling this forum. Yes both companies have pissed off customers but my point is that the way Josh is handling it is the source of the extreme controversy you see here, not to forum itself as he claims. I will make my point with one simple quote Yufi made in his dispute with you:

Well, then. I man up and apologizes for doubting your intention. I suppose I read too much into it, and now can move on to better things.

I haven't been afraid of stating my concerns with Bitsyncom here because I trust Yufi. You will not see anything like that from Josh. It's his behavior that is damaging BFL's credibility more than the delays themselves IMO.
dykast

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 06:23:33 PM

Back on topic.  There are no broken wafers.  I think OP somehow got confused with the wafer that was burned months ago for testing.

/thread

This can be closed now or moved to off topic since it's turned into another bfl troll/fanboy thread.
centove

Activity: 194

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 06:28:54 PM

Back on topic.  There are no broken wafers.  I think OP somehow got confused with the wafer that was burned months ago for testing.

/thread

This can be closed now or moved to off topic since it's turned into another bfl troll/fanboy thread.

But I didn't get my waffle!!!

Give me Btc: 1BRkf5bwSVdGCyvu4SyYBiJjEjbNiAQoYd Mine on my node: http://ask.gxsnmp.org:9332/
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: