Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:59:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will silver ever skyrocket?  (Read 3823 times)
radjie

Activity: 1778
Merit: 264

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 05:06:42 AM

If silver can not be found anymore or can be said to be rare may be the price will skyrocket, But in fact the price of silver is still below the price of gold.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 05:14:52 AM

If silver can not be found anymore or can be said to be rare may be the price will skyrocket, But in fact the price of silver is still below the price of gold.
We're still very far away from not being able to find more silver, and there are enough quantities of it right now anyways that it isn't worth thinking about those kinds of scenarios for still a while longer. Silver will always (or should always) have a value lower than that of gold because there is a larger supply of it, and there will likely never be less silver than gold.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 10:51:38 PM

We're still very far away from not being able to find more silver, and there are enough quantities of it right now anyways that it isn't worth thinking about those kinds of scenarios for still a while longer. Silver will always (or should always) have a value lower than that of gold because there is a larger supply of it, and there will likely never be less silver than gold.
Yes, we have enough silver and even if then price went up then that will be an even greater reason to begin to mine silver in a more intensive way and that will decrease eventually the price of silver.
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 05:55:16 AM

No. It has no reason to skyrocket by any means. The price is very less and the metal does not have much investment from the globe. Silver could have been best if it were used as premier/precious metal in the world. It is, but with pretty less volume. May be its not that worth.

Franky00

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:08:37 AM

Theoretically, silver can soar high, but on the practical side there must be some kind of global upheaval for this. While there are no such opportunities for its take-off, but for a change it can be considered as an investment.

Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:26:24 AM

Silver will never soar in price because its too much on the ground. This metal has such valuable properties as gold so I do not recommend to invest in this metal. Now even the best investments are not in the metals. Cryptocurrency is much more interesting for investment.
freeyourmind

Merit: 252

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 08:44:52 PM

Historically it does appreciate in times of uncertainty.  But even with uncertainty, it may appreciate, but I don't see any reason for it to skyrocket.  Cryptos will likely eventually be an easily accessible safe haven for money or currencies that become at risk of a crisis or hyperinflation.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 12:56:59 AM

Historically it does appreciate in times of uncertainty.  But even with uncertainty, it may appreciate, but I don't see any reason for it to skyrocket.  Cryptos will likely eventually be an easily accessible safe haven for money or currencies that become at risk of a crisis or hyperinflation.

Even in times of uncertainty, people flock to gold. Silver may be a precious metal, but it always plays second fiddle to gold.
There can be no reason why it will skyrocket (unless it finds some new industrial application).

syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 01:46:19 PM

I have not heard of any history that says the price of silver will skyrocket. I say it based on pacts from the past. So I guess the price of silver will not skyrocket. Maybe that could happen if the price of silver could pass the gold price. And until now we all know the price of gold is still at the top of the price compared to other metal prices. And that could happen if the supply of silver base material is getting scarce. With its rare supply of silver base material then the industry players who use silver base materials will flock in search of silver. And of course that time the silver price will skyrocket. But until now the supply of silver base material is still very much. So if you say that silver will skyrocket. Just wait until the silver raw material is really thinning

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 01:52:52 PM

Silver will not rise in price. Once there was an attempt in car batteries to make plates with added silver, but it was not effective. Without the use of mass technologies and silver demand will be low and price will not grow. Too much in the ground.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 09:48:03 AM

I have just seen this again and what I have in mind is that when silver has been in need of people maybe in manufacturing companies, consumers (through silver accessories), and other application of silver. If the supply becomes small, probably the demand will become high, and the price would probably go up. I thought of this when silver had been researched to have a great application.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
nelsmining

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:11:53 AM

people say it will go to one thousand dollars an ounce or more but if it showed signs of going that high tech companies would likely switch to cheaper metals as alternatives and phasing silver out. it probably would not sky rocket for that reason alone.

i think so many people have silver that if it did go up to one thousand dollars an ounce it would cause economic inflation.

am i mistaken or did i miss something?

The reality is Silver will not rocket to a thousand dollars. Gold will not rocket up either. They are somewhat tied  to each other although not as much as they used to be. Having said that though it is a good bet silver could get to the $50 to $100 range. I don't see gold as any better bet on a profit margin. No one knows for sure. Your best bet is to diversify in many different things.
28days_ever

Merit: 102

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:50:38 AM

Silver now has no reason to soar too high. Silver is too much on the ground and it is mainly used only for the manufacture of cheap jewelry. To make money on it, you need to invest a lot.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: