Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:51:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 [335] 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148794 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2019, 06:11:51 AM

Iran’s Govt Issues New Rules on Cryptocurrency

https://dcebrief.com/irans-govt-issues-new-rules-on-cryptocurrency/

We are amidst the next great Crypto Boom. And DNotes is now at 20 satoshis and falling.

From Paul Graham's Twitter a few days ago...
"The reason most founders are surprised by the difficulty of fundraising is that they're learning something about themselves, not something about fundraising. They know fundraising is hard for startups that don't seem appealing to investors. They just didn't realize they had one."

I've always appreciated the DNotes project. But as it currently stands, there seems to be zero sense of urgency. This project has lost 98% of it's value. And there is little revenue to support funding.

How is the team going to position itself to benefit from this next boom cycle? HERo is a nice idea, but I have been on the Board of a rapidly growing non-profit called MakerGirl, for years. I can tell you that even the most well-marketed, well-meaning projects in the female empowerment space....are still incredibly hard to grow in terms of revenue. Let alone projects which are couched themselves in niches like blockchain.

What else do we got, besides HERo? Any technology or blockchain innovations coming down the line (moving to PoS was always a great North Star for the community to point to)? What other markets and use cases is DNotes approaching?

Alan is wrapping up some business and once we launch the new membership platform, our focus will be entirely on HERo as the first stage of the effort to increase revenue and prove the model for investors. Yes, fundraising is hard and the key investor push-back of revenue was anticipated, though we were hopeful to find the right investors that could see the potential.

The new membership platform is several months in the making and we have been working very hard to not only develop but also working towards building up a team and potential partnerships. It is much more broad in target and groups such as the one you are on the board of will be able to benefit from the platform. The success of the groups based on our research have been dependent upon their ability to branch out and organize locally. That is one of the ways in which HERo will be helpful to these groups, providing them with a platform that makes it easy to collaborate, find people and organize, start local chapters, etc...

This screenshot will help get a better understanding, but effectively HERo is meant to help in your career, business endeavours, personal growth, technological growth, etc...

We are currently wrapping up development and moving into the testing phase.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2019, 06:22:39 AM

What projects are in the same sector as this one?

Hi DavetheMan, DNotes was created to be a trusted and inclusive currency that can benefit everyone worldwide with the support of real world company DNotes Global to pave the path for DNotes and bridge the centralized and decentralized worlds. Our approach to mass adoption is fairly unique, I would recommend our Pitch Deck and video for a quick overview https://dnotesglobal.com/PitchDeck.pptx https://youtu.be/XculeWKdbbE. Then if you want to learn more, you may want to visit our white paper here https://dnotesglobal.com/white-paper/. If you have any questions, we are happy to help.

Amadeus82

Activity: 327
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 09:07:04 AM

We are amidst the next great Crypto Boom. And DNotes is now at 20 satoshis and falling.

"The reason most founders are surprised by the difficulty of fundraising is that they're learning something about themselves, not something about fundraising. They know fundraising is hard for startups that don't seem appealing to investors. They just didn't realize they had one."

I've always appreciated the DNotes project. But as it currently stands, there seems to be zero sense of urgency. This project has lost 98% of it's value. And there is little revenue to support funding.

How is the team going to position itself to benefit from this next boom cycle? HERo is a nice idea, but I have been on the Board of a rapidly growing non-profit called MakerGirl, for years. I can tell you that even the most well-marketed, well-meaning projects in the female empowerment space....are still incredibly hard to grow in terms of revenue. Let alone projects which are couched themselves in niches like blockchain.

What else do we got, besides HERo? Any technology or blockchain innovations coming down the line (moving to PoS was always a great North Star for the community to point to)? What other markets and use cases is DNotes approaching?

Alan is wrapping up some business and once we launch the new membership platform, our focus will be entirely on HERo as the first stage of the effort to increase revenue and prove the model for investors. Yes, fundraising is hard and the key investor push-back of revenue was anticipated, though we were hopeful to find the right investors that could see the potential.

The new membership platform is several months in the making and we have been working very hard to not only develop but also working towards building up a team and potential partnerships. It is much more broad in target and groups such as the one you are on the board of will be able to benefit from the platform. The success of the groups based on our research have been dependent upon their ability to branch out and organize locally. That is one of the ways in which HERo will be helpful to these groups, providing them with a platform that makes it easy to collaborate, find people and organize, start local chapters, etc...

This screenshot will help get a better understanding, but effectively HERo is meant to help in your career, business endeavours, personal growth, technological growth, etc...

Can you also tell more about expected launch date or is it still to early? About one month ago Alan told that he expect official launch in about 60 days...that should mean approximately in one month from now (beginning of September). Is still realistic to expect it then, or did you run in any obstacles which could eventually postopne the launch date?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2019, 03:01:46 PM

Can you also tell more about expected launch date or is it still to early? About one month ago Alan told that he expect official launch in about 60 days...that should mean approximately in one month from now (beginning of September). Is still realistic to expect it then, or did you run in any obstacles which could eventually postopne the launch date?

Yes, as long as we don't encounter any major issues, and we don't anticipate any, then we should be launching end of August or beginning of September.

mrbum805

Activity: 92
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 05:13:56 PM

Hi everyone! Its been a long time since my last post. Those of you who don't know me I have followed and been accumulating dnotes since they were 3 months into development.

Thats great to hear that the hero membership milestone is right around the corner!  Grin For those of you new to Dnotes, this team always has done what they say they were going to do since day one. Yes there are set backs that may take them a little longer to work around most of which seem to be entirely out of there control. In what perfect world are there NO setbacks? Dnotes team and Alan have done a great job sticking to there vision and working around these setbacks... Most of which requires much time and hard work to achieve progress.

"If  DNotes were to succeed as the digital currency of the future with lasting value it has to take a very different path to reach that mountain top. It must build a solid foundation, block by block, systematically, while executing its strategic plans at the most opportune time which may often conflict with that of speculators."
Bitcointalk: March 8th, 2014 - Alan Yong, DNotes co-founder

I know it sucks the price is down however this is entirely out of there control in the present time.. Hey its a uniquely free marketplace. Makes no since to make small efforts of hype to try to keep the price up, it needs to happen organically to have a sustained value which is the objective. Also hype works against there trust factor which will be very important in the future. Clearly they aren't in a happy enough of a position to spend time and money advertising. They're will be a day and it sounds like they're getting to be another step closer.

"I think almost every great investment has a contrarian check. A lot of people will think that’s a bad investment. But you have a good reason for thinking it’s a good investment and it will get to scale. Those are typically the unusually great investments."
-Reid Hoffman

I personally believe Dnotes has the right team and dedication to make their vision get to scale. It just takes a lot of time and hard work. I believe in their vision and team which is why I'm still around. Team keep up the great work!

“Very often when you are going for real innovation you have to go against prevailing wisdom, and it’s hard to go against prevailing wisdom when there are people who have been there for a long time and you have some vice president who says, ‘No, that doesn’t make sense.’ ”
Dr. Robert Langer, MIT Langer Labs

Kudos to MiningHabit for gathering these quotes together!

Check out www.reviewdailylife.com for some fun upgrades around the house!
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2019, 08:52:01 PM

Hi everyone! Its been a long time since my last post. Those of you who don't know me I have followed and been accumulating dnotes since they were 3 months into development.

Thats great to hear that the hero membership milestone is right around the corner!  Grin For those of you new to Dnotes, this team always has done what they say they were going to do since day one. Yes there are set backs that may take them a little longer to work around most of which seem to be entirely out of there control. In what perfect world are there NO setbacks? Dnotes team and Alan have done a great job sticking to there vision and working around these setbacks... Most of which requires much time and hard work to achieve progress.

"If  DNotes were to succeed as the digital currency of the future with lasting value it has to take a very different path to reach that mountain top. It must build a solid foundation, block by block, systematically, while executing its strategic plans at the most opportune time which may often conflict with that of speculators."

I know it sucks the price is down however this is entirely out of there control in the present time.. Hey its a uniquely free marketplace. Makes no since to make small efforts of hype to try to keep the price up, it needs to happen organically to have a sustained value which is the objective. Also hype works against there trust factor which will be very important in the future. Clearly they aren't in a happy enough of a position to spend time and money advertising. They're will be a day and it sounds like they're getting to be another step closer.

"I think almost every great investment has a contrarian check. A lot of people will think that’s a bad investment. But you have a good reason for thinking it’s a good investment and it will get to scale. Those are typically the unusually great investments."
-Reid Hoffman

I personally believe Dnotes has the right team and dedication to make their vision get to scale. It just takes a lot of time and hard work. I believe in their vision and team which is why I'm still around. Team keep up the great work!

“Very often when you are going for real innovation you have to go against prevailing wisdom, and it’s hard to go against prevailing wisdom when there are people who have been there for a long time and you have some vice president who says, ‘No, that doesn’t make sense.’ ”

Thank you mrbum805! Appreciate your support!

DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 12:43:53 AM

UN Report: North Korea Has Stolen $2 Billion from Cryptocurrency Exchanges, Financial Institutions

https://dcebrief.com/un-report-north-korea-has-stolen-2-billion-from-cryptocurrency-exchanges-financial-institutions/
Amadeus82

Activity: 327
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 06:06:55 AM

Yes, as long as we don't encounter any major issues, and we don't anticipate any, then we should be launching end of August or beginning of September.

Nice, looking forward to it Wink I think that at begging of September would be even better that in the end of the August, since holiday season ends at that time and people are fresh and back from holidays  Smiley
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 08:55:44 AM

-Reid Hoffman

That's a great response MrBum805, and a fair reflection of the current state of things, but also where we plan to go. As in all things, you don't get to control everything that happens to you, but you do get to control how you respond. We came up with new strategies to bring in revenues so that we could fund development and also attract investment to the company, which will both get us closer to where we need to get to. Instead of a very direct path from A to B, we have had to add an extra step in between that will improve the overall company position.

We are preparing to get everything ready for the HERo membership launch, and to support it once the platform goes live. There will be demand for content, and we will have paying members that we will be looking to cater for and support.

DCEBrief

View Profile
August 07, 2019, 11:40:21 PM

Virtual Value Tax Fix Act Referred to House Ways and Means

https://dcebrief.com/virtual-value-tax-fix-act-referred-to-house-ways-and-means/
DCEBrief

View Profile
August 08, 2019, 11:19:29 PM

Coinbase Custody Trust Co. Names Two Former NY Banking Regulators to Board of Directors

https://dcebrief.com/coinbase-custody-trust-co-names-two-former-ny-banking-regulators-to-board-of-directors/
DCEBrief

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 12:21:58 AM

Group of Nations to Create System for Cryptocurrency Transaction Data Collection

https://dcebrief.com/group-of-nations-to-create-system-for-cryptocurrency-transaction-data-collection/
DCEBrief

View Profile
August 11, 2019, 12:29:56 AM

U.S. Department of Energy Awards Grant for Development of Blockchain-Based Energy Platform

https://dcebrief.com/u-s-department-of-energy-awards-grant-for-development-of-blockchain-based-energy-platform/
DCEBrief

View Profile
August 11, 2019, 09:13:44 PM

PBoC Official: China’s Digital Currency is Ready

https://dcebrief.com/pboc-official-chinas-digital-currency-is-ready/
DCEBrief

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 10:57:22 PM

NZ Tax Authority Offers Guidelines for Workers Receiving Salaries in Cryptocurrency

https://dcebrief.com/nz-tax-authority-offers-guidelines-for-workers-receiving-salaries-in-cryptocurrency/
DCEBrief

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 12:58:29 AM

SEC Delays Bitcoin ETF Decision Until October

https://dcebrief.com/sec-delays-bitcoin-etf-decision-until-october/
DCEBrief

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 03:09:13 AM

“Our product saved us from the 2018 crypto winter” — Interview with Andy Ellis from Horizon State

https://dcebrief.com/our-product-saved-us-from-the-2018-crypto-winter-interview-with-andy-ellis-from-horizon-state/
DCEBrief

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 03:14:10 AM

Report: Barclays Has Stopped Providing Banking Services to Coinbase

https://dcebrief.com/report-barclays-has-stopped-providing-banking-services-to-coinbase/
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
August 15, 2019, 05:11:52 AM

Report: Barclays Has Stopped Providing Banking Services to Coinbase

https://dcebrief.com/report-barclays-has-stopped-providing-banking-services-to-coinbase/

I wonder if that's what's behind the most recent BTC price drop. Hopefully Coinbase has another banking partner already.

I'm moving up to the "big leagues" with bot trading--the USD-BTC market on Bittrex--which is why I know exactly what the BTC price is doing right now. (adds several new trading pairs to stay ahead of the BTC price free fall). I like this market because it moves a lot, so my trading pairs see a lot of action. In contrast, the BTC-XEM market which I started out with (and am still in) can be quite slow, which makes it a great market to learn the ropes on.
DCEBrief

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 01:08:13 AM

Moscow to Develop Blockchain Platform for Administrative Services

https://dcebrief.com/moscow-to-develop-blockchain-platform-for-administrative-services/
Pages: « 1 ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 [335] 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: