Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 10:30:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: captminer's mining lounge  (Read 4430 times)
yslyung (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 07:03:12 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2017, 04:55:53 AM by yslyung

Hi guys,

I'm sure some of you guys knows who i am, well i'm just a normal guy like everyone else. Been into the mining for couple of years as a hobby & it has started to expand from a 1 man show building my own farm/DC to group buys & now a small home business.

Was just a noob/newbie just like everyone else but we all learn along the way right ? gotta say much thx to the local & int'l community that helped & supported me in many ways.

I do enjoy building rigs & coming out with new ideas from time to time, sometimes they are really crazy & don't work at all LMAO ! never try never know Cheesy

OK less talk, here are some pics to share with everyone & I will be posting them when i have the time. I've been posting & sharing some pix in other members thread & sometimes I feel like i'm spamming their thread, hence this thread.

Do feel free to share your ideas & pics too.

This is probably the last batch of RX 470 4GB's that I have just received recently.

*From earlier batches of deliver to me* Boxes on the Left are Sapphire RX 470 4GB's. more GigaByte's. There are more from earlier builds . . . from Sapphire Nitro+/470D & PWC's

Some of the GB's (GigaByte) in action  Grin at 1 of my newly built farm/DC

Mess, getting messy & really really busy recently

Finally, sample mobo arrived, yet to be tested

GPU's all over the place, unboxed, risers & custom PCIE Cables plugged in ready for rig builds

Parts - MOBO's . . . although the MSI Gaming 5's are EOL now, I still managed to get some of them. Really like them as they are very easy to config 7 GPU very little to no headaches. Best bang for buck would be the BioStar TB 85's.

PICO ATX Adapters/PSU modded by me. Custom PCIE cables/Ram/CPU (G1840)/HP Server 1200W Platinum PSU's.

Dual PSU setup & some custom 2in1 C13 Power Cords * old & new version of BB's & different ways of setting up the dual PSU, PIC on the Left are the new version of breakout Boards*

Nice courtesy of local official distributors sponsoring me the RX 5XX series to test out before RTM.

Lots of screws & Standoffs needed for rig build & GPUs

Some of my builds

I call it the prep table

p/s: I have been receiving some PM's recently. Will reply when i'm able to do so. *DISCLAIMER* This thread is meant for sharing & this is NOT a Buy/Sell thread or in any form of advertisement. Sorry for the different sizing of pix . . .

more to come soon  Wink
doktor83

Activity: 2562
Merit: 626

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 07:05:10 PM

Very nice and clean.
10+ Smiley

SRBMiner-MULTI thread - HERE
http://www.srbminer.com
miner417

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 07:15:12 PM

I wish I had some of those cards... trying to source out the last of the 4 series isn't working at all.... and the 5 series just isn't working well for me.

Looks great man, an inspiration. I'm up to 5 rigs, building a 6th right now. Current prices make mining a very luxurious hobby.
yslyung (OP)
Legendary

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 04:53:48 AM

Very nice and clean.
10+ Smiley

thx, looking fwd to build the improved version of rigs but time is not on my side for now, plans, ideas & drawing has been in my head for some time.

I wish I had some of those cards... trying to source out the last of the 4 series isn't working at all.... and the 5 series just isn't working well for me.

Looks great man, an inspiration. I'm up to 5 rigs, building a 6th right now. Current prices make mining a very luxurious hobby.

yeah it can be a expensive hobby but at the end of the day it will all come back. the RX 5XX series works fine with just little mods to the drivers.

5 is not bad at all, make it grow ! i reinvest back to my rigs to expand.
VyprBTC

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 05:14:50 AM

Dang man that is so awesome!

I'm trying to figure out power in my home I only have a 100amp panel and don't think I can upgrade it - also I would have to put rigs in separate rooms if I try to expand more than 1 rig.
yslyung (OP)
Legendary

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 05:28:58 AM

Dang man that is so awesome!

I'm trying to figure out power in my home I only have a 100amp panel and don't think I can upgrade it - also I would have to put rigs in separate rooms if I try to expand more than 1 rig.

call the power company up & ask !

please use only good cables, wires, breakers for any high power usage. i never go cheap on anything to do with power especially psu. get a dedicated DB box.
bigassboy

Activity: 373
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 06:54:52 AM

WOW! That's a huge collection of GPUs you got there and not to mentioned the mining rigs. I'm really impressed and it just makes me proud to say that a fellow countryman of mine capable of doing all that.
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 06:59:22 AM

citronick in the da house

congrats on your own thread - make sure you are the moderator LOL  Grin

take good care of my 470s captain

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
yslyung (OP)
Legendary

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 07:09:02 AM

WOW! That's a huge collection of GPUs you got there and not to mentioned the mining rigs. I'm really impressed and it just makes me proud to say that a fellow countryman of mine capable of doing all that.

much thx Smiley have more previously but don't know where the pics went & it's 1 of the reason why i made this thread. got your pm will reply soon.

congrats on your own thread - make sure you are the moderator LOL  Grin

thx for droppingby mate.

it's already here & prolly a tad more coming. not sure, waiting for news. i'm not sure if i had set if i'm the mod as you know i hardly make any threads LoL.
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 07:49:16 AM

much thx Smiley have more previously but don't know where the pics went & it's 1 of the reason why i made this thread. got your pm will reply soon.

congrats on your own thread - make sure you are the moderator LOL  Grin

thx for droppingby mate.

it's already here & prolly a tad more coming. not sure, waiting for news. i'm not sure if i had set if i'm the mod as you know i hardly make any threads LoL.

this "hanging salt fish rig" wont win any sexiest rig competition....

... but its simple to access/change/fix and quick to deploy esp with smos.

7 down, 28 to go...

thanks captain for the quality parts - the plats and risers are perfect!

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
zij

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 02:42:48 PM

https://i.imgur.com/N8xo4v6.png

7 down, 28 to go...

From the photo, do you have a single PCIE cable from the breakout board to both the riser and the GPU?  If so, doesn't that potentially overload the cable and potentially cause melting or fire?
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 03:02:16 PM

7 down, 28 to go...

From the photo, do you have a single PCIE cable from the breakout board to both the riser and the GPU?  If so, doesn't that potentially overload the cable and potentially cause melting or fire?

captain should provide the answer since he supplied me with the pico, cables and PSUs.

So far running for 2-3 days non-stop without any issues - I guess it boils down to quality cables

With yslyung-aka-captain's solution, this rig has absolutely got rid off all unnecessary cables found on ATX PSU solutions like EVGA etc.

I am waiting for additional PSUs from him to further enhance power load & allocation and future upgrades.

yslyung (OP)
Legendary

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 03:44:42 PM

The PCIE cables can easily handle 200W max of 250W (max for short period) without any issues. If higher power is needed, my breakout board supports up to 10 pcie & with just a little creativity, you can power GPUs safely that needs more power.

Simple answer lies with simple knowledge, how much power does a RX 470 4GB or even a RX 580 8GB draws/needs/max from the pcie slot 6pin + power 8pin?

Will reply to pm's when I'm able to do so. ATM  I ran out of risers will be ordering more this coming Monday.

Happy mining
yslyung (OP)
Legendary

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 05:32:01 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2017, 05:45:19 PM by yslyung

7 down, 28 to go...

From the photo, do you have a single PCIE cable from the breakout board to both the riser and the GPU?  If so, doesn't that potentially overload the cable and potentially cause melting or fire?

captain should provide the answer since he supplied me with the pico, cables and PSUs.

So far running for 2-3 days non-stop without any issues - I guess it boils down to quality cables

With yslyung-aka-captain's solution, this rig has absolutely got rid off all unnecessary cables found on ATX PSU solutions like EVGA etc.

I am waiting for additional PSUs from him to further enhance power load & allocation and future upgrades.

much thx mate. yes the quality of cables counts too & simple math + research solves the issue. let me get 1 cable n slice it up & we get to see the quality of it. might do it tmr.

way to go is with server psu's, atx is a baby compared to enterprise grade which are built to run 24/7 compared to an atx psu, well that's just my opinion.

1 of my quotes, "i'm not really a fan of messy cables" & voila the solution came thru with couple of tests, experiments & revisions = a "clean rig setup" now the latest is the dual psu setup, really liking it. it's quiet, less heat, more efficient, future proof when newer gpus requires more power, small & light.

i'll be ordering lotsa parts this coming monday, pls be patient mate.

yeah iou a rom too, it's coming. imo, the simpler the better sometimes.
yslyung (OP)
Legendary

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 05:44:28 PM

if older version or future power hungry gpu that requires more power such as my 290 trix

i use this format . . . the cables can easily power them. much gpu's ? No Problemo hahaha i don't see any problems powering them up

i made my own rig resetter too but don't have much time to fine tune it yet

Various server psu's that i messed around with before

sbuxscreenerr

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 09:26:22 PM

props man that's a freakin' cool setup!!
crpt01

Activity: 174
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 09:53:07 PM

@yslyung

Nice work! Could i ask you in which country did you create this farm and what is your electricity cost?

tnks
crpt01
xleejohnx

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 02:06:18 AM

if older version or future power hungry gpu that requires more power such as my 290 trix

i use this format . . . the cables can easily power them. much gpu's ? No Problemo hahaha i don't see any problems powering them up

i made my own rig resetter too but don't have much time to fine tune it yet

Various server psu's that i messed around with before

Where are you getting your power supply and cables

As I see a super coin as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions. ~philipma1957
Billz007

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 03:12:50 AM

Long time lurker, one of my first posts.  I have three 6 card rigs (RX4xx Series), looking to expand.  I'd like some more info on those server and pico PSU solutions.  Mainly, how loud are these things?  I work in the IT field and some of these server PSU's are loud, though the newer ones are quite a bit quieter.  I know this isn't a for sale post, but I'm very interested in buying one to try out.  I'm running Corsair 1200w PSU's right now.

Also thank you for all the info you provide in this forum.  People like you are why this community is top notch!   Cheesy
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 05:01:17 AM

Hi Bro, Very impressive items, watching now this thread.  Grin Grin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: