Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:00:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC-TC] TAT.ASICMINER New Micro-share Passthrough!  (Read 37651 times)
helixone

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 05:56:30 PM

Ugh, another issue with dividend payout.

The software has partially failed or something. Not everyone has gotten their dividend, so please be careful to check before you sell, etc.

growing pains?

Definitely some growing pains.  We're still using bitcoind, so div payouts take forever to iterate through everyone, exposing occasional issues like what happened on TAT.ASICMINER and ASICMINER-PT last night, where it runs into lock waits.

I've done a couple of things this morning to fix it going forward.  (at least until the site is no longer using bitcoind)  I've introduced a new status, "PAUSED" that it will display when it gets a lock wait error.  It will automatically pick up PAUSED dividend processes each iteration of the dividend processing, so in the future it will essentially retry over again.

There are probably some of you out there that are wondering "If it takes so long, what happens if I trade between when it starts processing and when it finishes".  The system takes a snapshot of the shareholder list when it first starts to process the dividend, then it uses that snapshot for payouts.  So for example, with this issue, it is using the shareholder list from when the dividend first started processing some time ago.

It's running on TAT.ASICMINER right now, so users should see the missing divs shortly.

Cheers.

Thank you for the update. For those buying shares, will there be a way to tell that it has been "paused" for payout? IE: When placing an order to buy shares, one should be able to know whether or not they will get the dividend or not.

-helixone

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 06:04:12 PM

The software has partially failed or something. Not everyone has gotten their dividend, so please be careful to check before you sell, etc.

growing pains?

Definitely some growing pains.  We're still using bitcoind, so div payouts take forever to iterate through everyone, exposing occasional issues like what happened on TAT.ASICMINER and ASICMINER-PT last night, where it runs into lock waits.

I've done a couple of things this morning to fix it going forward.  (at least until the site is no longer using bitcoind)  I've introduced a new status, "PAUSED" that it will display when it gets a lock wait error.  It will automatically pick up PAUSED dividend processes each iteration of the dividend processing, so in the future it will essentially retry over again.

There are probably some of you out there that are wondering "If it takes so long, what happens if I trade between when it starts processing and when it finishes".  The system takes a snapshot of the shareholder list when it first starts to process the dividend, then it uses that snapshot for payouts.  So for example, with this issue, it is using the shareholder list from when the dividend first started processing some time ago.

It's running on TAT.ASICMINER right now, so users should see the missing divs shortly.

Cheers.

Thank you for the update. For those buying shares, will there be a way to tell that it has been "paused" for payout? IE: When placing an order to buy shares, one should be able to know whether or not they will get the dividend or not.

-helixone

You can see the div status in the history tab.  If it shows queued, and you trade, you're likely to get in on the div.  If it shows anything else, the snapshot has already been taken and you're too late.  Note that it also shows the time it is roughly expected to process.  The closer you get to that, the more likely you are to miss it.  (The status displays are cached for a few minutes in some cases.)

Cheers.

bitzox

Activity: 172

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 06:10:07 PM

Got my dividends! Thanks for being so awesome burnside, you rock

18QpV8ZF3Y4oK8guDQiwTAK73W9r5nvBtm
im_riley

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 06:56:39 PM

I got my dividends as well. Thanks for fixing the issue so quick!  Grin
ThickAsThieves (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 07:24:51 PM

Thanks, Burnsy!
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 07:38:40 PM

growing pains?

Definitely some growing pains.  We're still using bitcoind, so div payouts take forever to iterate through everyone, exposing occasional issues like what happened on TAT.ASICMINER and ASICMINER-PT last night, where it runs into lock waits.

I've done a couple of things this morning to fix it going forward.  (at least until the site is no longer using bitcoind)  I've introduced a new status, "PAUSED" that it will display when it gets a lock wait error.  It will automatically pick up PAUSED dividend processes each iteration of the dividend processing, so in the future it will essentially retry over again.

There are probably some of you out there that are wondering "If it takes so long, what happens if I trade between when it starts processing and when it finishes".  The system takes a snapshot of the shareholder list when it first starts to process the dividend, then it uses that snapshot for payouts.  So for example, with this issue, it is using the shareholder list from when the dividend first started processing some time ago.

Cheers.

-helixone

You can see the div status in the history tab.  If it shows queued, and you trade, you're likely to get in on the div.  If it shows anything else, the snapshot has already been taken and you're too late.  Note that it also shows the time it is roughly expected to process.  The closer you get to that, the more likely you are to miss it.  (The status displays are cached for a few minutes in some cases.)

Cheers.

Thanks as well saw the transaction for TAT and got those dividends and I think that the ASIC-PT got in there too got the e-mail notify then sold about 5 mins after so not sure how it processed but it shows up in my dividend history so think that meant it went through successfully
Transaction ID: D 765 2 0.07292000 1370508981

Anyways hope that the new fixes work for next week and excellent work as always Smiley

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Moebius327

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 07:38:54 PM

Got them as well. Nice!
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 11:12:34 PM

Thanks for the service, guys!
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 03:56:53 PM

Since I paid dividends early on Havelock last week, I will be paying early on BTC-TC this week.

Dividends for TAT.ASICMINER have been scheduled to be paid momentarily at 0.00034469 per share. Thanks!
bitzox

Activity: 172

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:14:50 PM

Since I paid dividends early on Havelock last week, I will be paying early on BTC-TC this week.

Dividends for TAT.ASICMINER have been scheduled to be paid momentarily at 0.00034469 per share. Thanks!

Hooray for Wednesdays!....Never thoughts I'd here myself say that.

18QpV8ZF3Y4oK8guDQiwTAK73W9r5nvBtm
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:15:49 PM

Looks like the dividend is stalled in the system. I'm not gonna mess with it this time though, I've learned my lesson...
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:54:53 PM

Looks like the dividend is stalled in the system. I'm not gonna mess with it this time though, I've learned my lesson...
Not stalled for everyone, I received it at 2013-06-12 18:09:10
Haven't reinvested it yet, not touching anything, just in case.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
Lorren

Activity: 144

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 05:06:50 PM

Mine went through.  Thanks!  Looks like I'll be able to pick up another share next week.

BitcoinLove Bitcoin products on Zazzle.
BTC:  1BaRWVFD927cfDcCfxn9vhJn2L6ZKKNSP1
runlinux

Activity: 566

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 05:12:47 PM

Ditto.

ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:16:51 PM

Ditto.

Yep it appears to be processing just fine, albeit slowly.
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 09:05:04 PM

Got mine a few hours ago, thanks!
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 10:34:41 PM

Does the reinvest feature work (I have enabled it and had enough dividends)? I should have been able to reinvest, but it didn't (or maybe it was waiting for the dividend to complete for everyone?).

I assume it works, but I have not used it before :/

It's possible that at the time it triggered, there were no shares cheap enough to fit your settings...
VJain

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 10:36:13 PM

Does the reinvest feature work (I have enabled it and had enough dividends)? I should have been able to reinvest, but it didn't (or maybe it was waiting for the dividend to complete for everyone?).

I assume it works, but I have not used it before :/

It's possible that at the time it triggered, there were no shares cheap enough to fit your settings...

I think I asked this exact same question a few months ago when you (TAT) and burnside were in the IRC channel. For me it was that there weren't any shares that cheap available at the time of the dividend. It doesn't automatically try every X minutes, but only on every receipt of dividend.

EDIT: But ya, the reinvest does work.

Making Apps and Websites for people. I charge reasonable rates ($30-40/hour in BTC).
bartus

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 10:36:39 PM

Need to change my wednesday motto to something like "Got mine to!" Smiley
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 07:16:47 PM

[BTCTC] [TAT.ASICMINER] [PAID] 68,175 @ 0.00017196 (processing)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: