Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:10:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC-TC] TAT.ASICMINER New Micro-share Passthrough!  (Read 37651 times)
felente

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 07:46:25 PM

A bot simply allows a human to perform some action in his stead.

This here is your problem. It's a misconception and flat out wrong.

Bots do not simply allow humans to perform in their stead.

Bots do stuff that humans CAN'T do.
You can buy or sell.
Bots can buy or sell.
You provide the bots with the cash, and with configuration on how to behave.

Everything else is a myth.

Again, you are facing a x/y problem.

If you consider speed trading is a problem, then the solution is capping the speed, not nuking anything involved with high speed while it isn't capped.

i thing you both ar right Smiley
HFT is a problem for most people, who do not use it (incl me... for now)
AND is no problem for those who use - as simple as is.

the real problem is, that bitcoin is too small for HFT and maybe always will be, at least in the near future.

the fact is, it's impossible to NOT use HFT AT ALL, in the same way as its impossible to stop using bitcoin at all without shutting down the whole network.
there will be always some engines allowing such trading and absolutely impossible to disable this without shutting down them all. that's again freedom TOO.

bitcoin is a "little" wild system. so allow it to be so and try to go through... Wink

if we begin to regulate it too much, well get a "New Old" system. ...OK, a fork maybe but not something Definitely New as BTC is now.
in the light of this - not to worry Wink
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Voodah

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 11:45:24 PM

You can buy or sell.
Bots can buy or sell.

If you consider speed trading is a problem, then the solution is capping the speed, not nuking anything involved with high speed while it isn't capped.

Hhmm you must be one of the bankers right??

Anyway.. NO. All your arguments lie.

1. No myth here. You can not do what a bot does. Stop lying about it to defend HFT. You need to sleep, eat, take a shit, etc. You cannot punch buttons fast enough either. You are plain and simply wrong.
2. This is not an x/y problem. HFT and speed trading are one and the same problem to me, and if I were to go meta, i'd say the bottom line is it's all about out of control greed as always.

And who said anything about nuking everything? I happen to agree that speed capping is a good possibility for a solution.
forensick

Activity: 376

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 07:06:19 AM

You can buy or sell.
Bots can buy or sell.

Hhmm you must be one of the bankers right??

Anyway.. NO. All your arguments lie.

1. No myth here. You can not do what a bot does. Stop lying about it to defend HFT. You need to sleep, eat, take a shit, etc. You cannot punch buttons fast enough either. You are plain and simply wrong.
2. This is not an x/y problem. HFT and speed trading are one and the same problem to me, and if I were to go meta, i'd say the bottom line is it's all about out of control greed as always.

And who said anything about nuking everything? I happen to agree that speed capping is a good possibility for a solution.

yeah, he has arguments like those bunch of greedy banksters runing lives of those lowborns just to get bonuses... if HFT would rule BTC, we are just in another corrupt system, where greed is the main principle. It is probably too early and it could destroy whole idea
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 08:30:20 AM

yeah, he has arguments like those bunch of greedy banksters runing lives of those lowborns just to get bonuses... if HFT would rule BTC, we are just in another corrupt system, where greed is the main principle. It is probably too early and it could destroy whole idea
"you are like a greedy banker" is not a rebuttal, it's trolling.

I've explained quite clearly, twice.

Voodah himself despite trolling in the first part of his post, with the last sentence admitted my solution could be good.
You, instead, are just trolling.
So shut the fuck up, asshole.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
forensick

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 11:24:39 AM

"you are like a greedy banker" is not a rebuttal, it's trolling.

I've explained quite clearly, twice.

Voodah himself despite trolling in the first part of his post, with the last sentence admitted my solution could be good.
You, instead, are just trolling.
So shut the fuck up, asshole.

Greedy and primitive :-) do you think you have any chance on the free market without ripping off other people?
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 11:25:53 AM

Greedy and primitive :-) do you think you have any chance on the free market without ripping off other people?
You are still spreading FUD without caring about rebutting my obviously correct arguments.

Your only chance is the ignore list.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
forensick

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 11:34:03 AM

You are still spreading FUD without caring about rebutting my obviously correct arguments.

Your only chance is the ignore list.

Sure, but explain me if there is a chance for you to scalp other abs or hft or you just scalp less experienced traders
ThickAsThieves (OP)

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 11:39:49 AM

Might be worth starting a new thread for your topic. Aside from going off the rails here, you may get other good commenters in an on-topic thread.  Wink
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:42:47 AM

OFFICIAL UPDATE

I have some news for everyone after a brief e-mail exchange with Friedcat. He has answered the 3 questions I submitted from our recent poll below:

-- There was news about a presentation by Rockxie about ASICMINER. Can you confirm this was an official presentation and summarize the news that was shared about upcoming plans for the mining farm and the Mini Blade?
Friedcat: They are true, though some projected dates from our side were more-or-less overly determined in his presentation.

-- When can we expect the first financial report?
Friedcat: We are asking board members if July 23 is acceptable.

-- Could Bitfountain provide an official live hashrate meter from ASICMINER for your mining farm, or could you periodically confirm the current hashrate?
Friedcat: Yes. Our internal management system is towards its completing. Directing the data to a public webpage is easy.

In other news, Friedcat has also officially confirmed my new status as a board member!

I am truly honored and proud to have achieved this, and I look forward to playing any role I can to further ASICMINER's success.
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:20:31 PM

Dividend scheduled for payment in about 15 minutes at 0.00019717 !
Trillian

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:08:37 AM

Why has there been such a big disconnect between ASICMINER-PT (now bid 4.327) and TAT.ASICMINER (now bid 0.04198) prices of late?

I'd arbitrage AM-PT -> TAT.AM, but I'm all out of AM-PT!
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 03:01:10 PM

Why has there been such a big disconnect between ASICMINER-PT (now bid 4.327) and TAT.ASICMINER (now bid 0.04198) prices of late?

I'd arbitrage AM-PT -> TAT.AM, but I'm all out of AM-PT!

Yeah. The distance is getting wider. TAT.AM is great and so is btct.co! *blink* Wink

ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 03:50:39 PM

Dividend will begin processing at the top of the hour. 0.00024099 per share!
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 08:59:57 PM

Update

Financial Status

Mining Income: 102,041.82BTC
Blade Sales Income: 29,594.75BTC
USB Sales Income: 37,524.00BTC
Total: 169,520.57BTC

Device and Infrastructure Expense: 397,800.00$ + 4,909,930.00¥
Electricity Expense: 729,542.05¥
Labor Expense: 327,081.00¥
Logistics Expense: 132,184.90¥
Deposits: 117,506.01¥
Total: 397,800.00$+6,216,243.96¥

Balance Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al1fvFT7Sd5bdEthNEpIWWxpcW90RFBQOFZ6aFlxT0E&usp=sharing

Hardware Franchising

This is a new business model option besides self-mining and hardware sales. We will rent the excessive hashing power to financial and technical capable people, accepting full deposits at the market price, shipping the devices and collecting a certain PPS rate based on the theoretical hashrate. The PPS rate, the dividing of cost coverage, as well as warranty/exit strategy are being discussed in detail and executed as small-scale experiments.

This model is similar to hardware sales in the aspect that we do not have in control on how the users make use of our devices, therefore has more decentralization in spirit. And like with self-mining, it aims at settings in scale, enjoying the reduction of NRE cost and operating cost overall, and reducing potential marketing/advertisement/customer service costs.

Project Timeline

August-September: Deploy/sell all hashpower arriving in July and early August.
September-November: Deploy/sell the hashpower ordered at early July.
November-December: Experimental products of 2nd-gen chips and modular large-scale deployment solutions.
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 06:51:59 PM

Dividends will go out shortly at 0.00022856 per share. Thanks!
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:08:46 PM

Dividends have been scheduled to be paid in 10-15 minutes. 0.00019924 per share.
Rival

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:02:10 PM

Dividends received on-time as-promised as-usual. Thanks!
stefffe

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:16:05 PM

Bought 65 shares today and I got dividends also? hell yeah!

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
CumpsD

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 07:23:02 PM

Curiosity question, if you have X shares (where X is a multiple of 100), does this PT offer the possibility to trade them into direct shares?
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 07:41:07 PM

Curiosity question, if you have X shares (where X is a multiple of 100), does this PT offer the possibility to trade them into direct shares?

Please refer to the asset description, this information is covered.

Thank you!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: