Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:53:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the Era of P&D Over for Crypto 'Blue Chips'?  (Read 3861 times)
darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:08:46 AM

You really think so? I think the ERA still continues with pump and dump. Every time I see in the trade platforms that many alts are devalued in period of seconds. They are sold like lightening fast and the value becomes zero at a single momentum. I have seen and I'm experiencing this everyday. With the increase in prices of bitcoins, alts are getting devaluated because they are not that profitable now. They get dumped easily these days. So may there is time for the situation to stop completely I guess.  

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:18:37 AM

If btc gets over 100k then it may survive pump n dump syndrome
HR (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:43:34 AM

https://i.imgur.com/ltQoQiV.png

HR (OP)
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:43:00 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2017, 08:43:29 AM by HR

Interesting watch . . . more or less both sides of the coin in a nutshell . . . but converging in mutual agreement long term. Smiley

"I'm in the camp that $80 billion will still look like a small blip when we look back." Albert Wenger
https://twitter.com/coindesk/status/867043701616517124

muf18

Activity: 882
Merit: 310

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 06:12:20 PM

1995. Yeah ok. 1995 has a slow pace of moving accelarating as now is in bitcoin only in 1997-1998. We're currently as one guy said on bitcoin conference at level late 1997-1998. It all started in late 2015 - then we can said that it was 1995. Now we're 1.5yr later. It became dangerous little to pour. Scheme can still go, and probably will go for some time, before crashing, but it's as always - if it was real demand apart from speculators - it wouldn't be so steep.
Some hodlers with 10,000 btc could crash price any time - so say - if it's sustaible, to have such accelaration if one guy can accelarate or crash all the party. It's really sad, because liquidity is still none. Liquidity comes with speculators, but at the exchanges there won't be so liquid as forex market, it should OTC, to make it really liquid, with one integrated market. Then even orders like 10.000 btc, would make a such a difference.
HR (OP)
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 06:33:58 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2017, 08:44:56 AM by HR

1995. Yeah ok. 1995 has a slow pace of moving accelarating as now is in bitcoin only in 1997-1998. We're currently as one guy said on bitcoin conference at level late 1997-1998. It all started in late 2015 - then we can said that it was 1995. Now we're 1.5yr later. It became dangerous little to pour. Scheme can still go, and probably will go for some time, before crashing, but it's as always - if it was real demand apart from speculators - it wouldn't be so steep.
Some hodlers with 10,000 btc could crash price any time - so say - if it's sustaible, to have such accelaration if one guy can accelarate or crash all the party. It's really sad, because liquidity is still none. Liquidity comes with speculators, but at the exchanges there won't be so liquid as forex market, it should OTC, to make it really liquid, with one integrated market. Then even orders like 10.000 btc, would make a such a difference.

Yeah, 1995, looks like you caught it before I edited it out - didn't want to confuse and wanted to save it for later - but, yeah, I personally think we're more in a 1995 situation (early 90's anyway) than a 1999 parallel. Will leave it at that for now. Nevertheless, in 1995 there weren't liquidity problems of the sort you mention BTC had a couple of years ago. Your description is of something embryonic and not at all similar to an early 90's stock market comparison, but rather more like the NASDAQ when it was still OTC. Wink

HR (OP)
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:26:50 PM

Been studying recent individual cryptocurrency trading behaviors and patterns, and I'm seeing clear telltale signs of emotional participants in some markets, and more technical trading in others, giving us a clue as to where the professionals are most likely operating, and, by implication, where the big newly arriving fiat is being targeted.

HR (OP)
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:40:10 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2017, 09:31:51 AM by HR

https://i.imgur.com/SFtqucg.png

https://i.imgur.com/J0AYkdS.png

Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:44:01 AM

So you will be showing random pictures of bubble-aftermaths?

It would be more interesting to know the future (bubble tops).

HR (OP)
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:37:13 AM

So you will be showing random pictures of bubble-aftermaths?

It would be more interesting to know the future (bubble tops).

You'll have to read what's come before in this thread, first to get situated, and then for the answer to your question, which you'll discover was a little out of touch with the subject being discussed - bubble tops are the antithesis of what is being proposed here.

HR (OP)
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:39:41 AM

https://i.imgur.com/JSOpPJI.png

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 04:16:51 PM

Total market cap is still less than 10 percent of Apple’s market cap. That’s just Apple, and just to name a very famous case that is often cited when making relative comparisons of public companies. Now, put Apple into the relative context of a 13 trillion dollar M2 money stock just in the US (more than 50 trillion developed economies combined money stock), and it’s just a drop in the ocean.
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/M2
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_supply

This image is perfect to show the current state of things (well, this image is now outdated, but it still shows that bitcoin is tiny compared to the sea of actual potential money that could jump in)

Current Marketcap for Bitcoin is a bit under 40 billion, so it shows how Bill Gates net worth is bigger than the entire Bitcoin Marketcap which is nuts. The potential for growth on Bitcoin is still huge.

Im not sure about altcoins, but im sure they will go way higher too because everyone wants to get on "the next bitcoin" and people will not only buy bitcoin, but other cryptos as well, but I dont see bitcoin stopping from being #1. The banks are pumping ETH a lot tho.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:45:17 PM

I really think the era of pump and dump is over and the day Chinese lost control of decided when price of bitcoin should go up or come down was the day that circle stop. We the bitcoin enthusiasts has try to tells people around us to see bitcoin as a currency of future and now they are regretting not investing earlier.

The pump and dump era is over for bitcoin only and this is good news.
Unfortunately there are hundreds of altcoins and lots of crypto "gamblers" and "investors".
They all feed the pump&dump "business".

Yes, this is a very good era the Bitcoin is laying currently in which. With this one of the curiosities of the people is going to be over and that is asking and discussing about the bubble to be crack and stuff like that. Today we can see that fortunately the Bitcoin has crossed the $2000 price. I am so glad.
HR (OP)
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:38:23 PM

Total market cap is still less than 10 percent of Apple’s market cap. That’s just Apple, and just to name a very famous case that is often cited when making relative comparisons of public companies. Now, put Apple into the relative context of a 13 trillion dollar M2 money stock just in the US (more than 50 trillion developed economies combined money stock), and it’s just a drop in the ocean.
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/M2
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_supply

This image is perfect to show the current state of things (well, this image is now outdated, but it still shows that bitcoin is tiny compared to the sea of actual potential money that could jump in)

http://image.ibb.co/g8OMYF/money.jpg

Current Marketcap for Bitcoin is a bit under 40 billion, so it shows how Bill Gates net worth is bigger than the entire Bitcoin Marketcap which is nuts. The potential for growth on Bitcoin is still huge.

Im not sure about altcoins, but im sure they will go way higher too because everyone wants to get on "the next bitcoin" and people will not only buy bitcoin, but other cryptos as well, but I dont see bitcoin stopping from being #1. The banks are pumping ETH a lot tho.

And with altcoins included, the total market cap is right around 80 billion right now, equaling Bill Gates. As you say, just nuts. Especially when you put Bitcoin's "square" next to what it's really competing to be a small part of, i.e. Broad Money. There's room for growth!

If we accept the assumption that mass adoption is all but certain for BTC, then I think we can do the same for a limited number (let's say the "Dow 30" of crypto Wink ) of alts, and I think quite justifiably since there will be many niches to fill. All the top coins have demonstrated that they think "blockchain" success means niche specialization by their own targeting of niches. In short, I believe it's a niche game, and one of the keys for the investor is identifying who's going to be #1 in each niche. Bitcoin's got the store of wealth niche, but other's might make a claim on that territory as well, thereby illustrating crossover strategies at work with some even going so far as to shoot for one-stop servicing, but I'm not sure as to with how much success (perhaps more likely a few more years from now). Bitcoin is to the Bank, what Litecoin is to the Savings and Loan types of analogies are often heard these days. Those are two slightly different but very similar slices of the market. Beyond that you've got for profit concepts from secure contracts to online currency exchanges, even social networks, all based on blockchain technology that "shareholders", as they're sometimes called, actually own, and that's extremely liquid. When you think about it, it's a marvelous example of private incentivized innovation.

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:59:54 PM

I really think the era of pump and dump is over and the day Chinese lost control of decided when price of bitcoin should go up or come down was the day that circle stop. We the bitcoin enthusiasts has try to tells people around us to see bitcoin as a currency of future and now they are regretting not investing earlier.

The pump and dump era is over for bitcoin only and this is good news.
Unfortunately there are hundreds of altcoins and lots of crypto "gamblers" and "investors".
They all feed the pump&dump "business".

Yes, this is a very good era the Bitcoin is laying currently in which. With this one of the curiosities of the people is going to be over and that is asking and discussing about the bubble to be crack and stuff like that. Today we can see that fortunately the Bitcoin has crossed the $2000 price. I am so glad.
The price of $2,000 is just a starting point for the bitcoin rally because this coming months like september will be big and the price of bitcoin can reach up to $5,000 if the segwit will activated successfully and it will also a big news in the world because the people in the world will get curious and they will also buy bitcoin and increase the demand and help the price to pump more. This is a very exciting year for bitcoin.
HR (OP)
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 06:31:52 AM

As promised, the answers for what eventually happened to the “parabolic” teasers I posted yesterday and who they are.

Putting things into context is always extremely useful. Nonetheless, in spite of the evidence and comparisons I’ve presented, the main question of this thread as to “where we are in crypto in terms of longer term context” still remains largely unanswered.

I’d love to hear your opinions, both pro and con. Are you more convinced than ever?

https://i.imgur.com/qe1R2RC.jpg

If you’re interested in taking a closer look at these examples on you own, or any other you may prefer (an interesting side note is that many a top gainer going into 2000 no longer exists so you won’t be able to find them here . . . anyone got any ideas about your favorite crypto Studebakers? ). Here’s the link: https://www.investing.com/charts/real-time-stocks-charts

Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 06:39:25 AM

Looking at the potential of crypto networks, I would say we still have 10-50x ahead, generally speaking.

ProzCoin

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 04:03:56 PM

Looking at the potential of crypto networks, I would say we still have 10-50x ahead, generally speaking.
We hope so. Try to hold your coin and do not sell it. every coin will soon be pumped. All we need is to hodl hodl and hodl. I have just lost 1 bitcoin from trading but I will still keep my coins and do not sell it

andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:22:07 PM

While a fair argument is presented, the op makes an argument as if the people will just make rational choices when it comes tot heir money and anyone that has seen a person buying something out of impulse knows that is simply not true, there are always going to be pumps and dumps.
King Sastro

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 07:30:01 AM

The world is changing rapidly, what we are proud of 10 years ago looks outdated, I'm sure today is the era of cryptocurrency that will overcome the traditional financial system.

PRIMEXCOIN
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█