Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:24:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the Era of P&D Over for Crypto 'Blue Chips'?  (Read 3864 times)
HR (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 08:11:12 AM

While a fair argument is presented, the op makes an argument as if the people will just make rational choices when it comes tot heir money and anyone that has seen a person buying something out of impulse knows that is simply not true, there are always going to be pumps and dumps.

I think the assumption is that the more price increases, the less feasible it is to manipulate price, and as more and more fiat comes into crypto causing the subsequent revaluations of the best issues, manipulation will be much less likely in those issues reaching "fair value". The crux of this thread deals with whether there is currently appreciable fiat coming into crypto, just how big it is, and its sustainability. If those questions are answered in positive, then the question then revolves around the resulting effects: whether it brings stable prices and the end of P&D for those "blue chips", or not. We all know it will happen, the question is when, and I postulate that it is happening now with the best of the best. Second tier and third tier issues will have to wait (and, as I've said in this thread before, they will still be susceptible to P&D while they wait their turn . . . those that will survive, that is). By no means do I suggest that human nature is going to change! Not even with the manipulators whose greed will probably get more than a couple turned on their heads trying to "pump" the impossible, or just selling way too soon and then chasing at minor tops, etc. Human nature change? Not in the least! And not with the manipulators either! In fact, I expect to hear stories about whale accounts blowing up! To be sure, we will still see panic buys and panic sells - just look at Apple's long term chart for an example - but it won't be due to coordinated manipulation since it will simply be too costly to do so.

Those are the questions being addressed in this thread, and the better we can answer them, the more appropriately we will be able to position ourselves. For example, what would be the best strategy now for the average crypto enthusiast to employ with the very best issues? Sell and wait for a 70-80% pullback, or simply buy and hold? When was the last time we saw a 70% + pullback in BTC? Does anyone think that will ever happen again? (BTW, that wasn't market manipulation either - it was simple mass psychology taking fear to an extreme - human nature - but not manipulation, which is a very different thing).

Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 09:25:53 AM

At this stage, buy, hodl and continue to steadily buy (cost averaging) seems to be the best approach. And perhaps a gamble on some old alts and blockchain 2.0 projects if you have real money to invest.

Some thoughts on were this can go (please disregard the attacks on WS, focus on the potential): https://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2017/05/25/a-new-financial-system-is-being-born/

HR (OP)
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 03:49:33 PM

At this stage, buy, hodl and continue to steadily buy (cost averaging) seems to be the best approach. And perhaps a gamble on some old alts and blockchain 2.0 projects if you have real money to invest.

Some thoughts on were this can go (please disregard the attacks on WS, focus on the potential): https://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2017/05/25/a-new-financial-system-is-being-born/

Great article, attacks and all! A must read. Thanks.

HR (OP)
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 10:33:55 AM

What do you think? Just another pump and dump? Across the entire complex? Or a full on panic sell by recent fiat buyers who know very little, bought at the highs and are now selling at panic lows? For the rest of us who've been around the block a couple of times and know better, just remember, this will be seen as a blip.  Smiley

https://i.imgur.com/kVh4p5H.png

HR (OP)
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 10:23:53 PM

A really honest article sharing first hand experience and expectations that starts out looking like more unequivocal evidence for continued massive fiat money flow into crypto, but that ends up being an extremely well balanced and down-to-earth look at Bitcoin and crypto in general. A must read IMO.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-29/one-professional-investors-take-bitcoin

Zerohedge is an alternative financial media heavyweight outside of the crypto "ecosystem".

Let the comments come in, but let's keep them backed up with rational arguments - there's lot's here to be seriously debated, and childish memes and cheeky one-liners are a thing of the past for serious crypto "shareholders".

One of my initial comments goes to the idea that the supply of virtual currencies is infinite, to which I would suggest we add the words "safe and secure cryptographic" and then reconsider whether the supply of safe and secure cryptographic virtual currencies really is infinite, even theoretically.

Just one of many very interesting points made.  Smiley

Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 01:34:49 PM

nothing, but nothing, presently justifies its valuation. there's no more usage than there was a few months ago.

at the same time when you look at figures like coinbase published recently about new users and the japanese banks applying to create crypto exchanges, the weight of newcomers might well cancel out the possibility of major dumps.

it depends on whether they keep on coming and we end up with an eternal september situation. but sooner rather than later all these coins need to actually deliver something tangible.

and thread titles reminds me of two phrases - 'this time it's different' and 'new paradigm' and we all know what happens next when they're thrown around.
Yes no doubt the new comers are the main reason to make the bitcoin price from any dump as we know that the bitcoin price is determined by the number of its users and the people adopting and accepting the Bitcoin now are the main reason for the price to cross $2400. Hurrah!
HR (OP)
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:28:23 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2017, 08:56:29 PM by HR

https://i.imgur.com/TSr5w6s.png

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: