Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:49:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Storjcoin X vs Siacoin  (Read 3942 times)
yas.sin (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 11:28:39 AM

www.sia.tech

www.storj.io

Well these two currencies has kind of the same projet which is a decentralized blockchain-based cloud storage.

Siacon has a higher market cap than Storj. They both propose the cheapest, the fastest and the most secure cloud storage service.

I think it is worth following, it might evolve into something big.

How do you guys feel about it ?
beli27

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 11:35:56 AM

I personally chose to invest in sia
yas.sin (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 11:44:09 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2017, 08:13:45 AM by yas.sin

I personally chose to invest in sia

Siacon based in Asia if i'm right (and I'm not).
I'll check its evolution for the next months, I am optimistic about it
badenglishtea

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 12:32:02 PM

STORJ through and through.

They have big Union Square Venture investment. I know people don't value this much, but this will give them the backing they need to secure the best development talent.
The second ICO will give them the runway they need to go after Amazon directly. They are going to have $30MM.

People don't realize that to make this technology viable, you need enterprise customers. Who do you think enterprise is going to trust (a decentralized, Asian based crypto-community). Or STORJ. A serious company, with support and development resources and $30MM in funding. With all the tools that are competitive with Amazon/Microsoft Azure, that has a solid price/speed/reliability pitch, AND is US BASED w/ a US BASED sales team that is aggressively pitching enterprise CTOs.

It is a hurdle, but STORJ is going to be much better suited to challenge.

Not saying there aren't community management and centralization issues. But for this to work, centralization is important out-the-gate (especially to onboard customers and development).

Wrote another post on this here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924515.0
John Titor

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 01:04:52 PM

Storj dev holds +80% of the supply and is now having it's second ICO.  Sia is fairly mined, more so than the vast majority of crypto currencies, and it's software seems more stable and I have found it easier to use.  Sia is better and that is why it is worth 4-5x the value of Storj right now, Sean seems to be completely missing the point of crypto by centralizing everything and unless he wants to send the majority of his premine to a burn address, he's going to continue to get his ass handed to him by David Vorick, and rightfully so.

If any of you care about moral implications of crypto currency in any way shape or from, the choice here should be obvious.

PS: Sia is developed by Nebulous Labs which is based in Boston, Massachusetts.  This an American project and not Asian in any way, no idea where people got that idea, simply because it is listed on Yunbi?

edit: I'll also add that I have seen the Storj dev Sean trolling in the Sia slack channel multiple times, I haven't exactly seen him act professionally there.
Meije

Activity: 192

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 08:54:05 PM

Storj dev holds +80% of the supply and is now having it's second ICO.  Sia is fairly mined, more so than the vast majority of crypto currencies, and it's software seems more stable and I have found it easier to use.  Sia is better and that is why it is worth 4-5x the value of Storj right now, Sean seems to be completely missing the point of crypto by centralizing everything and unless he wants to send the majority of his premine to a burn address, he's going to continue to get his ass handed to him by David Vorick, and rightfully so.

If any of you care about moral implications of crypto currency in any way shape or from, the choice here should be obvious.

PS: Sia is developed by Nebulous Labs which is based in Boston, Massachusetts.  This an American project and not Asian in any way, no idea where people got that idea, simply because it is listed on Yunbi?

edit: I'll also add that I have seen the Storj dev Sean trolling in the Sia slack channel multiple times, I haven't exactly seen him act professionally there.

`Storj dev holds +80% of the supply` -> that is only because they did not sell all coins in the first ICO in 2014. In this sale an equal amount of coins will also be burned, which lowers the amount of coins they have significantly. Storj will still have coins to pay for community projects and the moderators.

` it's software seems more stable and I have found it easier to use. ` -> the simple answer is No, Sia has way more bugs than Storj at the moment, just have a look at both github pages. Storj is easier to use than Sia, hands-down.

`that is why it is worth 4-5x the value of Storj right now` -> wrong, storj is worth 0.5$, Sia is 0.009$

`Sean`?, do you mean Shawn?,

`seems to be completely missing the point of crypto by centralizing everything ` -> Storj is distributed, not centralized. Distributed systems have a advantage over decentralized systems because they can handle higher loads and have more throughput, this is why Storj is better to corporate use than Sia.

`he's going to continue to get his ass handed to him by David Vorick` -> lol, you know the Storj network is 100x bigger than Sia right?, and that it has 100x more stored data. I am going to make sure it stays that way.

`This an American project and not Asian` -> again, you don't know what you are talking about, Storj Labs is based in Atlanta USA, or is the USA in Asia?.

`I'll also add that I have seen the Storj dev Sean trolling` , His name is Shawn.

g___

Activity: 273
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 09:24:46 PM

People don't realize that to make this technology viable, you need enterprise customers. Who do you think enterprise is going to trust (a decentralized, Asian based crypto-community). Or STORJ.

over half of the world's population is in asia... enterprise clients exist outside of wherever you live, poor example. siacoin is also a blockchain solution with nextcloud (who are huge). decentralization is a huge benefit, and will be looked at as an even greater asset in the future.
MacT

Activity: 141

ZOHEM | DECENTRALISED USER BEHAVIOUR DATA PROTOCOL

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 01:09:42 AM

Storj SEEMS better planned.

Cord

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 01:18:56 AM

Sia is in the spotlight rn but Storj is better planned and has a Fortune 500 company already lined up
Once the ico is finished and they transfer over, the coming weeks after it will explode

John Titor

Activity: 129

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 02:08:16 AM

`that is why it is worth 4-5x the value of Storj right now` -> wrong, storj is worth 0.5$, Sia is 0.009$

Please tell me you are joking.  Their price is different because the supply is different, Sia has Billions of coins in circulation, hence a lower price.  I'm not going to waste time on someone dumb enough not to see something that obvious.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 02:56:01 AM

www.sia.tech

www.storj.io

Well these two currencies has kind of the same projet which is a decentralized blockchain-based cloud storage.

Siacon has a higher market cap than Storj. They both propose the cheapest, the fastest and the most secure cloud storage service.

I think it is worth following, it might evolve into something big.

How do you guys feel about it ?

Hey yassin,

Is your account still gone?

Watching them since 2014/15 and have invested in both.
We should see some big stuff coming this year - atleast i hope so Wink

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2017, 03:19:55 AM

Who do you think enterprise is going to trust (a decentralized, Asian based crypto-community).

Still on-topic, what is wrong with having an Asian based company / community?
I have a feeling your bias is quite uncalled for.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
Meije

Activity: 192

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 03:54:10 AM

Please tell me you are joking.  Their price is different because the supply is different, Sia has Billions of coins in circulation, hence a lower price.  I'm not going to waste time on someone dumb enough not to see something that obvious.

Well then next time write in better English so that people can understand what you are saying
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 04:02:19 AM

Well then next time write in better English so that people can understand what you are saying
There are corrections for this case, Storj migrates to the new ecosystem and some of their details have changed. The price will be different with the old coin.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 06:25:28 AM

I'd go with Sia. Storj is moving to Ethereum, and Ethereum has shown that it will break contracts when desired. I wouldn't trust my storage to such a platform.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
lurker10

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 06:51:41 AM

Sia is more transparent, honest, has been in production longer. Sia for the win!

yas.sin (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 07:24:27 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2017, 08:14:36 AM by yas.sin

Just because Sia is based in Asia means that it can't be trusted (wrong again)

I saw their roadmap on Trello and it's very interesting -> https://trello.com/b/Io1dDyuI/sia-public-roadmap
lurker10

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 07:42:28 AM

Sia is based in Asia

What is the meaning of this?

yas.sin (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 07:51:44 AM

Sia is based in Asia

Just a precision I thought it would be worth said
lurker10

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 07:59:00 AM

Sia is based in Asia

Just a precision I thought it would be worth said

The office of Sia developers is in Boston, USA.
Sia users, miners and nodes are all around the world.
Not sure what "based in Asia" has to do with anything.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: