Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:27:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Storjcoin X vs Siacoin  (Read 3943 times)
Urban Crypto

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2017, 08:05:24 AM

STORJ through and through.

They have big Union Square Venture investment. I know people don't value this much, but this will give them the backing they need to secure the best development talent.
The second ICO will give them the runway they need to go after Amazon directly. They are going to have $30MM.

People don't realize that to make this technology viable, you need enterprise customers. Who do you think enterprise is going to trust (a decentralized, Asian based crypto-community). Or STORJ. A serious company, with support and development resources and $30MM in funding. With all the tools that are competitive with Amazon/Microsoft Azure, that has a solid price/speed/reliability pitch, AND is US BASED w/ a US BASED sales team that is aggressively pitching enterprise CTOs.

It is a hurdle, but STORJ is going to be much better suited to challenge.

Not saying there aren't community management and centralization issues. But for this to work, centralization is important out-the-gate (especially to onboard customers and development).

Wrote another post on this here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924515.0
As I mentioned on your thread, there are some concerns but overall I have gone with STORJ.  Became a farmer in 3 minutes.  Will check more into SIA.

Urban Crypto has the latest information related to Cryptocurrencies, Tokens, and ICOs. www.UrbanCrypto.com
yas.sin (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 08:12:40 AM

Sia is based in Asia

What is the meaning of this?

Just a precision I thought it would be worth said

The office of Sia developers is in Boston, USA.
Sia users, miners and nodes are all around the world.
Not sure what "based in Asia" has to do with anything.

I read this on the web and I didn't look further, it's all my bad.
Next time I'll triple check whatever I read
mudasarali43

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 06:57:22 PM

Siacoin is mineable crypto currency have a good team and also good technology and have a good market cap of $185,689,400 the office of Sia developers is in Boston, USA Sia users and miners  are all around the world
Storjcoin is not mineable crypto currency have market capitalization of $18,733,516
Sia is more transparent, good team, good technology, has been in production longer. Sia for the best.

shams

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 08:29:55 PM

I think SIA coin is more better than the other one. I have done good amount of research on SIA coin and it look very good coin for the long term purpose the price is down at this time because of Bitcoin Segwit thing. But I am sure it will grow good after 1st August I am holding SIA for long term purpose..
BittyBatty

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:24:30 PM

I think SIA coin is more better than the other one. I have done good amount of research on SIA coin and it look very good coin for the long term purpose the price is down at this time because of Bitcoin Segwit thing. But I am sure it will grow good after 1st August I am holding SIA for long term purpose..

How do you guys see this game change for SIA and Storj now that the big boys are coming to compete .. Filecoin .. appreciate your thoughts and how it changes the investment perspective.
jjshabadoo

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:30:54 PM

Siacoin is a mineable coin and that is the reason that why people prefer using Siacoin.
by the way, siacoin has a good team, a good community, and people around this forum prefers siacoin than storjcoin.
right now siacoin is so cheap, why not buying a few? it can reach 400 sat each in the next month, but nobody knows.
berrygood

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 08:33:52 PM

Sia is absolutely better. As a project, sia is ahead by far and as a coin distribution, sia is very fair and has a lot of miners now.

hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:57:39 PM

www.sia.tech

www.storj.io

Well these two currencies has kind of the same projet which is a decentralized blockchain-based cloud storage.

Siacon has a higher market cap than Storj. They both propose the cheapest, the fastest and the most secure cloud storage service.

I think it is worth following, it might evolve into something big.

How do you guys feel about it ?
I feel that these two are both good coins but storj is better planned than sia. For now I can say that Sia is better than storj even if it is better planned because of supply and it is more stable but I cant say that sia is better if storj began to improve their tech to  match their competitors. Either way these two both have a potential to evolve into something big so it is no big deal which is better.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: