Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 02:14:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin transaction confirmed within 20 minutes  (Read 2529 times)
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 03:15:38 PM

OP, from what I have gathered so far it seems Trading Platforms have faster Transaction time. Same thing happened to me with Poloniex: it didn't take up to 7mins to get my transaction confirmed
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 03:51:12 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2017, 04:01:13 PM by deisik

Two, merchants do not have 2 different prices, one for credit cards and one for other methods of payment. Merchants like when people use credit card because people don't need money to buy things and the merchant still gets paid. If you are selling a $100 widget and people can just borrow money to buy it, you can make a lot more widget sales than if people need cash to buy it. Show me any large merchant that has different prices for debit cards vs. credit cards vs. cash vs. check. When I go to the store, it is the same price for any of them

I basically agree with all your points but with a little correction

And the correction is that I've seen it with my own eyes (and in fact actually made use of such an opportunity whenever possible) when merchants offered serious discounts if you paid using a certain mode of payment. For example, I've seen discounts on PayPal payments and payments made via certain payment cards (e.g. Visa) as well as some local payment systems like Yandex.Money. And yes, it is not uncommon to see merchants giving you a discount if you make an online payment or just make an advance payment. I guess that for the buyer this pretty well counts as different prices for different ways of payment. Obviously, merchants don't distinguish between debit and credit cards, but they certainly do between these cards and cash. In the latter case they might have to pay for the big guys with big guns in mighty vans with small windows

Rufsilf

Activity: 1750
Merit: 309

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 03:52:45 PM

This is awesome because the speed of transaction of bitcoin is getting back to the normal span of confirmation. If the segwit will be successful i think it can lower up to 10 mins per confirmation and that will be the best for this year.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1142

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 04:12:36 PM

This is awesome because the speed of transaction of bitcoin is getting back to the normal span of confirmation. If the segwit will be successful i think it can lower up to 10 mins per confirmation and that will be the best for this year.
You don't have any idea on what you are saying since its not still back on the track. Bitcoin transaction was confirmed because he do make use of exchange wallet knowing that sometimes they do patched up or add up the fees for faster confirmations of such transaction.I had tried it once and I can say it does work but not all the times since it fully dependent on size of fees you would set up.

youdamushi

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 04:19:11 PM

OK with all the posts about transactions fees and transaction holds etc .. thought I'd post my experience ..

I have just transferred 2 Bitcoin from my Kraken trading account to my blockchain wallet ... cost of transaction: 0.0005 bitcoin so actual coins received in wallet 1.9995 ... 4 confirmations received within 20 minutes (19 minutes to be exact)

Personally I was expecting maybe a day for the transaction to be completed lol (especially with all the scary posts on the forum) so 20 minutes was pleasantly surprising.

The problem isn't here.

No one ever said that btc was not great for those kind of transactions... But you pais 0.5mbtc so around 1.5$ at current rate.
Of course if you send 2 btc (so arounf 5000$) it's nothing!
But people are complaining because they want to do transactions of 20$ or something like this, and at this moment anyone wanting to do this must pay 5% of the amount sent in fees. And THAT is something that people don't really like ^^

PARADICE.io

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 05:39:51 PM

Of course if you send 2 btc (so arounf 5000$) it's nothing!
But people are complaining because they want to do transactions of 20$ or something like this, and at this moment anyone wanting to do this must pay 5% of the amount sent in fees. And THAT is something that people don't really like ^^

Let me tell you something, people are even moving their faucet earnings worth like 50k satoshi. In order to spend these "earnings", people must likely include fees in the range of 0.001-0.002 BTC. And exactly that is something they obviously are not going to do, and thus they heavily spam the free transaction accelerator service from ViaBTC. Let these people directly also account for a major part of the people that complain....
SwagGirl

Activity: 104
Merit: 100

GetClams.com

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 05:52:30 PM

I can say the delay has vastly improved for me as of yesterday. !st conf. took 5 hours then the rest came pretty fast. I was prepared to wait a couple of days too. Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: