Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:08:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows Desktop Bitcoin Lending Bot for Poloniex  (Read 15227 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ccoinca

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 11:23:29 PM

these really low rates won't even cover the electricity costs of running the bot!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Oscaredo

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 02:38:50 AM

Hi, I need help, please:

8/6/2017 9:24:21 PM CREDITS ARE NEGATIVE!
8/6/2017 9:24:21 PM You have: -0.001 available.
8/6/2017 9:24:21 PM Your grace period will end soon.
8/6/2017 9:24:21 PM To continue using the application, please refill your credits.
8/6/2017 9:24:21 PM Getting recommended rate
8/6/2017 9:24:21 PM Exception occurred: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.  Huh

- I've enough satoshi in my lending account.
- API key (is new) and secret are OK.
- Enable trading and withdrawals are OFF.
- IP Access unrestricted.
- I don't have another bot running.
- My firewall allow connect Pololen.

But bot not run.

Sorry for my bad english.
barcodeguy (OP)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 02:52:55 AM

I haven't seen this one before. Are you just setting up the bot or has it worked for you before this? If it's worked for you before this then it's probably a problem with Poloniex servers that will correct in time. Occasionally when running the bot you will see errors 503 and 403 when the Polo server either can't reply or cannot handle the load, especially during a DDOS.

If it's a brand new, never working before install, I would close the application and restart it, then try copying over your API key and secret again, and make sure you click the "save" button after you enter them. Then fire it up and see if it connects.

Hi, I need help, please:

8/6/2017 9:24:21 PM CREDITS ARE NEGATIVE!
8/6/2017 9:24:21 PM You have: -0.001 available.
8/6/2017 9:24:21 PM Your grace period will end soon.
8/6/2017 9:24:21 PM To continue using the application, please refill your credits.
8/6/2017 9:24:21 PM Getting recommended rate
8/6/2017 9:24:21 PM Exception occurred: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.  Huh

- I've enough satoshi in my lending account.
- API key (is new) and secret are OK.
- Enable trading and withdrawals are OFF.
- IP Access unrestricted.
- I don't have another bot running.
- My firewall allow connect Pololen.

But bot not run.

Sorry for my bad english.

If you lend on Poloniex try Pololen at http://PoloniexBitcoinLendingBot.com - the Windows based decentralized lending bot.
cashen

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:30:14 PM

These numbers have not charged in over 12 hours.

What is the Big % number?
What is the unrealized Fees?

It would be nice if the stats page show how much you had not on loan or offered.

cashen

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:44:16 PM

These look like some really low rates...

barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 01:00:16 PM

The numbers on the bottom only update when loans close. If no loans closed in the last 12 hours they won't have changed.

The unrealized fees are the amount of earned interest you have accumulated
In your open loans the last time that pololen checked your open loans. This should be the same as on the polo website - ie it does not include poloniex's
 15% cut.

The rates are terrible right now. I expect them to raise as the hype / fud of bitcoin cash starts to subside and BTC value settles into wherever it's going to end up. It's very difficult to margin trade against BTC while it's climbing like it is. You pretty well always lose.

It would be nice if the stats page show how much you had not on loan or offered.

If you lend on Poloniex try Pololen at http://PoloniexBitcoinLendingBot.com - the Windows based decentralized lending bot.
guclu

Activity: 260
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 07:37:15 PM

these really low rates won't even cover the electricity costs of running the bot!

EXACTLY! I was planning to run a windows machine just for this bot but it doesn't seem to be worth it anymore right now... I am hopeful it will turn around though Smiley

cashen

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:18:31 AM

The numbers on the bottom only update when loans close. If no loans closed in the last 12 hours they won't have changed.

In your open loans the last time that pololen checked your open loans. This should be the same as on the polo website - ie it does not include poloniex's
 15% cut.

The rates are terrible right now. I expect them to raise as the hype / fud of bitcoin cash starts to subside and BTC value settles into wherever it's going to end up. It's very difficult to margin trade against BTC while it's climbing like it is. You pretty well always lose.

whoa... Poloniex takes a 15% cut! wtf!

The "Unrealized Fees" should be called something else, it sounds like a fee I owe. Rename to "Unrealized Profit"
metroymedio

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:20:12 AM

Im lending in poloniex 30 BTC last 30 Jul . Rate is 3%

https://image.ibb.co/cmm9pv/poloniex2.jpg

Is normal it still open ? , is very stranger ? Any in this forum have same situation ?
brobbel

Activity: 966
Merit: 342

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:47:53 AM

Im lending in poloniex 30 BTC last 30 Jul . Rate is 3%

https://image.ibb.co/cmm9pv/poloniex2.jpg

Is normal it still open ? , is very stranger ? Any in this forum have same situation ?

You lend it for 60 days, so yes it is normal it is still open. However, the borrower can repay earlier (unfortunately the few high rates I had are all cancelled - but only after about a week), but it also can take the full 60 days.
barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 09:55:56 AM

I try to stick with the same terminology as Poloniex. Their website uses the term fees, as does the data returned by the api. That's why I use it.

15% cut.

The "Unrealized Fees" should be called something else, it sounds like a fee I owe. Rename to "Unrealized Profit"

cashen

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:25:46 AM

Understood. Thanks for the fast response.

I try to stick with the same terminology as Poloniex. Their website uses the term fees, as does the data returned by the api. That's why I use it.

15% cut.

cashen

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 01:58:24 PM

How can my total profit be less than 24/48 hours?

brobbel

Activity: 966
Merit: 342

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:11:46 PM

The total profit is the profit made since you started the program.
The other profits are from Poloniex itself, including the profit before you used the program.
barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 02:22:13 PM

Thanks Brobbel,

To expand on that just a bit - Total Profit is how credits are calculated. It works this way so that any loan profit in the 60 days prior to you starting the bot doesn't count against your credit usage. I could have just not shown the history before the bot, but I figured it was still a valuable metric to see even if it looks a little confusing.

The total profit is the profit made since you started the program.
The other profits are from Poloniex itself, including the profit before you used the program.

cashen

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:36:30 PM

I think I made a few loans before the bot, not many.

Thanks for the quick reply.
shinchan888

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 03:13:00 AM

Hi, is there any Cloud version so that I dont have to download and run the application?
barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 12:15:59 PM

Hi There,

I don't currently have any plans for a cloud based version of the product. Keeping it as is keeps the rates down and the speed up as well as keeping things a lot more anonymous for the users involved.

Hi, is there any Cloud version so that I dont have to download and run the application?

kadok29

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:10:49 AM

interesting bot! testing..... Cheesy
barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 12:43:47 PM

Hi Everyone,

Poloniex unexpectedly updated some server settings last night and we've been unable to connect. I've updated the bot this morning and a new download is available on the site.

Please download and install the new bot from: http://www.poloniexbitcoinlendingbot.com/

Please be sure to see the FAQ to ensure that you copy the proper files from your old installation to the new installation.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

BCG

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  

Jump to: