Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:27:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows Desktop Bitcoin Lending Bot for Poloniex  (Read 15227 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 08:39:15 PM

I've been thinking about a warning too. Right now the credits turn red if under 0.001, but I rarely look at it anymore and just let it run and do it's thing. Of course I am watching it on the website, which is handier on my phone if I'm out and about. Do you think a regular windows notifier on the bottom right would do the trick or do you think that maybe I should float a window above all the other windows on the desktop and keep it there with the warning until the user closes it?

Edit - Do you think notifiers should pop up when earned totals go up? I thought about doing this at one point but wasn't sure if it would get annoying or not.

Don't do that.. Or if you do, make it an option that people can turn off. I don't mind the bot stops lending, but I assume a lot of people are running it on their desktops and not a server or VM. This just means we have to check on the bot every now and then.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barcodeguy (OP)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 08:56:09 PM

I would have an option for on off if I do it. Thus far, though, my thinking is that it would get annoying fast. It's the first thing I turn off with any alt wallet I've ever installed.

Edit - a staking alt wallet, that is.

I've been thinking about a warning too. Right now the credits turn red if under 0.001, but I rarely look at it anymore and just let it run and do it's thing. Of course I am watching it on the website, which is handier on my phone if I'm out and about. Do you think a regular windows notifier on the bottom right would do the trick or do you think that maybe I should float a window above all the other windows on the desktop and keep it there with the warning until the user closes it?

Edit - Do you think notifiers should pop up when earned totals go up? I thought about doing this at one point but wasn't sure if it would get annoying or not.

Don't do that.. Or if you do, make it an option that people can turn off. I don't mind the bot stops lending, but I assume a lot of people are running it on their desktops and not a server or VM. This just means we have to check on the bot every now and then.

If you lend on Poloniex try Pololen at http://PoloniexBitcoinLendingBot.com - the Windows based decentralized lending bot.
ccoinca

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 11:09:40 PM

Does your bot have a "% usage rate of capital" calculation?
barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 11:37:13 PM

Hi CCoinica,

I'm not 100% sure what you mean. If you mean it will only loan x percent of the BTC in your account then currently it doesn't, though there has been a request for it. I can't say for sure if it will be implemented yet.

If it's something else could you give me more info on what it would do?

If you lend on Poloniex try Pololen at http://PoloniexBitcoinLendingBot.com - the Windows based decentralized lending bot.
rytyr

Activity: 473
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 11:41:17 PM

This is quite an interesting project. So will be following it very closely.
Are their any updates on it's progress?

It is only browser based so far correct?
I would rather prefer to use an app on my phone for accessibility to be seamless for me in my mobile lifestyle. Grin
ccoinca

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 11:48:29 PM

Hi CCoinica,

I'm not 100% sure what you mean. If you mean it will only loan x percent of the BTC in your account then currently it doesn't, though there has been a request for it. I can't say for sure if it will be implemented yet.

hey barcodeguy,

what I mean is how often the capital is lent out per 365 days compared to how much time the capital is sitting idle? if the capital was being lent 365 days 24 hours a day per year, % would be 100%. 

Maybe I'm not making sense. Huh
barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 12:00:46 AM

OK - I get you. That is a very good suggestion. I'll put that on my list.

Hi CCoinica,

hey barcodeguy,

what I mean is how often the capital is lent out per 365 days compared to how much time the capital is sitting idle? if the capital was being lent 365 days 24 hours a day per year, % would be 100%. 

Maybe I'm not making sense. Huh

barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 12:05:24 AM

Hi Ryter,

It's a windows desktop lending bot, not browser based. The web stuff you see came about as I needed a way to synchronize a new user installation to the market. I figured if I could synchronize the market data to the user, I might as well show that data too. As far as I know (and please correct me if I am wrong, everyone) no one is showing stats for Poloniex in this manner. I've seen some monthly charts but I haven't seen average rates / deviations and smaller time charts, like the two week chart and the minute by minute three hour chart I've got up on the website.

This is quite an interesting project. So will be following it very closely.
Are their any updates on it's progress?

It is only browser based so far correct?
I would rather prefer to use an app on my phone for accessibility to be seamless for me in my mobile lifestyle. Grin

Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 01:55:39 AM

Okay, I paid you $100 USD. For credits. That should last me awhile, as I'm still just playing with the bot.

barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 02:24:12 AM

Thanks for that Dabs. Please keep me posted on the good and the bad. Hopefully the market get's a little more chaotic.

Okay, I paid you $100 USD. For credits. That should last me awhile, as I'm still just playing with the bot.

freshfred

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 05:39:01 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2017, 08:33:19 AM by freshfred

..that brings me up the next idea ;-)  What about if you make one more window in you app, where I can see how fast my profit goes up, and how fast my credits go down.
So I could estimte how long my credits last, and when I'm finally get a Polo lending milloinair ;-)

(edit)
I think I got used to it, that there was always a red number. Since I bought some credits, it's all black.
I should get it when it turns red again...
But I'm still struggle to see, how long my credits will last, in case I'm away for days or weeks.
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 05:48:50 AM

Only when you have time, offer additional fiat conversions, using additional sites, like getting from quadrigacx for canadians, and getting from coins.ph for filipinos, or choosing another site like bitcoinaverage or preev or even another exchange direct, like bitstamp.

Or just maybe even an option to turn that off, I don't need to get USD values from coindesk (or I don't want the app to do that actually; the less sites it connects to the better.) I'm fine just showing the raw bitcoin numbers. Maybe an option somewhere to input my own fiat conversion value (offline) without getting it from any website.

While you're at it, I also don't need the bot to check every minute. Maybe a drop down or a thingy ... between 1 minute and 1 hour? Or just make a small list, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 3, 4, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 45, 60. But then that changes the "history" thing right? ... oh the variables ...

And, I'm not trying to be cheap, one day, in the future I'd like to be considered paid such that the bot doesn't check credits anymore (or maybe we early users can have some sort of promo code thingy)... I'd like this thing to last for 10 years, but if something happens to you or to blockchain.info, ... it ends. (What happens if the bot can't connect to blockchain.info?) If something happens to polo, well, it ends too, LOL, but that's on the main site.

One more thing, can we have a "dark" version? That's just a change of colors. Like bitcoinity or bitcoinwisdom... or like polo actually. They are dark green, with light green ... or even some retro scheme (bright green blocky 8-bit terminal font on black background.)

AndrewMather

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 06:10:00 AM

Nice. A visitor to our FB page (BitcoinLendingBot) pointed out this bot, and inevitably I guess, it seems we've picked up on similar features: extended duration loans, loan fragmentation, creep (downward float), etc. Similarly to the developer, I'm ex-finance and a software developer, didn't see the point in paying a further 10% (after Poloniex 15%) to PoloniexLendingBot.com, so wrote my own. Fun, and once you're running your own money, what do you do with it but offer it out to others?

I'm trying to get the word out via advertising, because I believe it's astonishing that we can be earning 50% on funds instead of paying 30% on credit cards - reaction? For most it's just too inconceivable.

Still, hats off to the dev for adding a nice bit of kit to the market (maybe a tad over-complicated, just give them a button saying 'Run' and let them trust you to be smart about it - just a suggestion. Can always put the sophisticated options in the background for advanced users).

If (s)he feels like it, come on over to the FB page and say hi. This is a niche opportunity, neither of us are going to be Zuckerbergs for a Lending Bot. Love to chat.

Also, I was running (per client request) a comparison portfolio with PLB.com (PoloniexLendingBot.com) and I've set up a similar for PBLB.com (this one). Up front, in the open, no tricks. Just be interesting to see how we do with respect to one another. Same game, same 'wind' (market), so as in the old tea clipper days, there's only so much one bot can do vs another to get ahead.

Frankly, I'd much rather enjoy the camaraderie than the competition. Those few people who actually get this opportunity and go for it are priceless, not because they'll make us rich (they won't, especially as I don't charge below 5btc - just not worth it), but because they get it. Pleasure meeting you, as I hope I might, at least in virtual space.

Beer's in the virtual freezer, any time anyone fancies a chat, the dev absolutely and particularly included in that invite.
barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 03:32:37 PM

..that brings me up the next idea ;-)  What about if you make one more window in you app, where I can see how fast my profit goes up, and how fast my credits go down.
So I could estimte how long my credits last, and when I'm finally get a Polo lending milloinair ;-)

(edit)
I think I got used to it, that there was always a red number. Since I bought some credits, it's all black.
I should get it when it turns red again...
But I'm still struggle to see, how long my credits will last, in case I'm away for days or weeks.

Fred, I'll see if I can come up with an average day count on credits. I'll probably do this based on average earned per day over the 60 day period, if the 60 day is "full." Otherwise I'll look at the current day. I will say it will never be completely accurate, even in a 60 day sampling, as it's very variable (especially if you are using extended duration settings. When those drop in the income earned in that day usually flies up.)

barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 03:35:19 PM

Only when you have time, offer additional fiat conversions, using additional sites, like getting from quadrigacx for canadians, and getting from coins.ph for filipinos, or choosing another site like bitcoinaverage or preev or even another exchange direct, like bitstamp.

Or just maybe even an option to turn that off, I don't need to get USD values from coindesk (or I don't want the app to do that actually; the less sites it connects to the better.) I'm fine just showing the raw bitcoin numbers. Maybe an option somewhere to input my own fiat conversion value (offline) without getting it from any website.

While you're at it, I also don't need the bot to check every minute. Maybe a drop down or a thingy ... between 1 minute and 1 hour? Or just make a small list, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 3, 4, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 45, 60. But then that changes the "history" thing right? ... oh the variables ...

And, I'm not trying to be cheap, one day, in the future I'd like to be considered paid such that the bot doesn't check credits anymore (or maybe we early users can have some sort of promo code thingy)... I'd like this thing to last for 10 years, but if something happens to you or to blockchain.info, ... it ends. (What happens if the bot can't connect to blockchain.info?) If something happens to polo, well, it ends too, LOL, but that's on the main site.

One more thing, can we have a "dark" version? That's just a change of colors. Like bitcoinity or bitcoinwisdom... or like polo actually. They are dark green, with light green ... or even some retro scheme (bright green blocky 8-bit terminal font on black background.)

Hi Dabs,

All great suggestions. Right now blockchain.info is a single point for adding credits. If the numbers support moving forward I'm going to look into running my own full node for it, and likely add a second well known API for cross checks.

barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 03:54:01 PM

Andrew,

Thanks so much for stopping by. To be honest the response I've received since posting this project has been a little overwhelming. I expected a few people to run it, sure, but I didn't expect I'd be posting a website about it, let alone all the encouragement and great ideas I've been given.

I have to admit, had I realized that there was a bot out there with similar features this whole project might not have happened. The bots I tried all had manual duration settings and always dropped my loans into the hole when the market shifted. I'd know I'd have a loan coming up... oooh the bots says it's current rate is 0.3.... I'm going to win this one..... and BAM, suddenly the market is 0.06 or something and my money's locked in for two days. Ugh.

At any rate I don't consider myself a competitor to any of the website bots out there. This is really a niche in a niche from my point of view. Average lenders are not going to want the responsibility of running the bot locally, let alone working with what can be some great complexities in settings. This is much more aimed toward advanced users, as you say.

Also, I'll add that it's my sincere hope that whatever link was posted in your feed wasn't out of line. I'm not actively marketing at this time (my only inbound link that I know of is here) and I'm not offering referrals. I most definitely don't want to see a situation where I'm being marketed on other bots sites or intellectual property.

Nice. A visitor to our FB page (BitcoinLendingBot) pointed out this bot, and inevitably I guess, it seems we've picked up on similar features: extended duration loans, loan fragmentation, creep (downward float), etc. Similarly to the developer, I'm ex-finance and a software developer, didn't see the point in paying a further 10% (after Poloniex 15%) to PoloniexLendingBot.com, so wrote my own. Fun, and once you're running your own money, what do you do with it but offer it out to others?

I'm trying to get the word out via advertising, because I believe it's astonishing that we can be earning 50% on funds instead of paying 30% on credit cards - reaction? For most it's just too inconceivable.

Still, hats off to the dev for adding a nice bit of kit to the market (maybe a tad over-complicated, just give them a button saying 'Run' and let them trust you to be smart about it - just a suggestion. Can always put the sophisticated options in the background for advanced users).

If (s)he feels like it, come on over to the FB page and say hi. This is a niche opportunity, neither of us are going to be Zuckerbergs for a Lending Bot. Love to chat.

Also, I was running (per client request) a comparison portfolio with PLB.com (PoloniexLendingBot.com) and I've set up a similar for PBLB.com (this one). Up front, in the open, no tricks. Just be interesting to see how we do with respect to one another. Same game, same 'wind' (market), so as in the old tea clipper days, there's only so much one bot can do vs another to get ahead.

Frankly, I'd much rather enjoy the camaraderie than the competition. Those few people who actually get this opportunity and go for it are priceless, not because they'll make us rich (they won't, especially as I don't charge below 5btc - just not worth it), but because they get it. Pleasure meeting you, as I hope I might, at least in virtual space.

Beer's in the virtual freezer, any time anyone fancies a chat, the dev absolutely and particularly included in that invite.

AndrewMather

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 04:45:54 PM

Well... John's comment was "some great numbers, if you want to see some more competition there is http://poloniexbitcoinlendingbot.com/". Naturally I was outraged. And yes, sometimes ignorance is bliss. I'm very glad I never knew what I was getting into, in any number of projects in my life. The bot was fine, basically done in a couple of days, quietly tweaked as I see fit. Some of the toys though, that this makes possible, had me f'g and blinding... but it's been an amazing learning experience and expansion, both of coding ability and in the finance/potential.

Speaking of which, while it's obviously natural or not unreasonable to discuss ideas you've already highlighted in any case (like the bot itself and its principles), there might be other areas where a quieter chat might be in order. We're already obviously on the same page as far as the essentials go, and both of us seem keen to support individual lenders, whom I totally honour because I know how rare they are in general. There's a loose 'cloud' of relevant professional contributors coalescing, most of us middle aged, all with histories as entrepreneurs, techs, financiers, all curious to see how this might play out (big picture, not just the bot).

As the one at the (approximate) centre given my enthusiasm, I'm the one with the 'cunning plan', and we all know how those work out...

Nevertheless, might be worth having a slightly quieter chat, at your leisure (and.romeda@virgin.net), and as ever no one is excluded if they believe they have a curiosity, angle or interest that's pertinent, but I do obviously have a particular interest in chatting with Mr Dev... been there, done that and all that.

Great website, btw - never been my forte, thank gd for FB pages.
barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 04:59:59 PM

Andrew,

Thanks for letting me know. I had a feeling when I read your post and I appreciate you keeping it at the high road level that you did. I wan't to be very publicly clear that it's not my intention to overrun any existing bots and while obviously I cannot help what other people may post I am not paying any referrals or doing any marketing (at this time at least, obviously I reserve the right.)

Email coming shortly.

Well... John's comment was "some great numbers, if you want to see some more competition there is http://poloniexbitcoinlendingbot.com/". Naturally I was outraged. And yes, sometimes ignorance is bliss. I'm very glad I never knew what I was getting into, in any number of projects in my life. The bot was fine, basically done in a couple of days, quietly tweaked as I see fit. Some of the toys though, that this makes possible, had me f'g and blinding... but it's been an amazing learning experience and expansion, both of coding ability and in the finance/potential.

Speaking of which, while it's obviously natural or not unreasonable to discuss ideas you've already highlighted in any case (like the bot itself and its principles), there might be other areas where a quieter chat might be in order. We're already obviously on the same page as far as the essentials go, and both of us seem keen to support individual lenders, whom I totally honour because I know how rare they are in general. There's a loose 'cloud' of relevant professional contributors coalescing, most of us middle aged, all with histories as entrepreneurs, techs, financiers, all curious to see how this might play out (big picture, not just the bot).

As the one at the (approximate) centre given my enthusiasm, I'm the one with the 'cunning plan', and we all know how those work out...

Nevertheless, might be worth having a slightly quieter chat, at your leisure (and.romeda@virgin.net), and as ever no one is excluded if they believe they have a curiosity, angle or interest that's pertinent, but I do obviously have a particular interest in chatting with Mr Dev... been there, done that and all that.

Great website, btw - never been my forte, thank gd for FB pages.

AndrewMather

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 05:15:02 PM

Yeah, obviously I was far from outraged. Curious, worried that you might have the magic touch to get 100% to our and PLB 58%, but relieved to find you're mortal at the end of the day, and likewise constrained by the market (go figure)...

... and of course I've just lost the entire draft of a reply showing you the comparison portfolio figures, which place you and PLB smack in the middle of a cloud of our returns, a cloud that 'shouldn't exist' since they're all using essentially the same engine, thus nicely demonstrating the effect of the state of the market on your portfolio start date for determining short-term returns and divergence. Obviously, long terms, clients from a single bot (or single bot settings profile) should converge to a single figure.

The irony is that the highest returns right now are for our retail clients, where we switch all those fancy features off and just get them in. Sometimes, it seems, you don't have to be smart, you just have to show up.

Here's the FB page, with client returns cited with their permission, for their interest and that of visitors. You're PBLB, natch, running our portfolio 'Pablo' (P B L o - could have gone with Pavlova, I guess (Cyrillic b)).

https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinLendingBot/photos/a.781142585380592.1073741828.779945558833628/794874350674082/?type=3&theater
barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 05:27:35 PM

Some days I think it's better to be constantly lending - other days I just want to send the minimum high and hope Smiley

The irony is that the highest returns right now are for our retail clients, where we switch all those fancy features off and just get them in. Sometimes, it seems, you don't have to be smart, you just have to show up.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: