Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:36:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ██MAR██Marijuanacoin██X11 PoW/PoS██Cryptopia██Platform Beta██SMOKIN' HOT!██  (Read 29425 times)
MAR DEV (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 01:17:04 AM

OP updated.

I also added a "blockchain bootstrap" button. This snapshot of the blockchain updates every 4 hours. Loading instructions come with the file.
If you ever need to re-sync, the total syncing time can really be a pain. By using a fresh blockchain bootstrap/snapshot you can speed up that waiting time significantly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BauerHenne

Activity: 124

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 06:22:22 AM

This should be $20 a coin in a month or two.   Wink

Are you serious? $ 2 would be enough for me;)

Wow, nice to see something here.
Good work!
Unfortunately, I am two days before takeover ....
Well, I should have a bit more patience  Angry  Cry

lostcause99

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 12:28:30 PM

You make some good points for sure, but my vote is wholeheartedly against a hard fork on this or any coin that isn't officially broken in some way. At this point it works and it's generating investor interest. Let's not risk disrupting that positive motion. A hard fork could also be seen as another blemish on a coin with an already scandalous history.

You make some good points.  Lots to consider and think about.  

I'd be happy with the org specs.  In the end, it's still a low supply coin.

I like the idea of a coin swap. It has worked very well for other coins in the past. I don't like the idea of people losing coins. But I do like the idea of locking out any past nonferrous people with coins.

I would also like to see X11 replaced with master nodes. I'm a miner. I love mining but their is a better way to secure blockchains now. The master node/POS stake wallet is a very elegant solution to keep each other honest. This makes for very strong network network infrastructure while providing rewards for hosting nodes and holding. Masternodes cost should not be cost prohibited later on as adoption takes place the required coin count should be lowered as the cost of MAR goes up.  Rewards I think should be lowered, but given more often. I love watching the Mints pop up ... it is very addicting.    Thoughts ?
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 03:58:02 PM

That would be nice,

The key is to get it listed on more exchanges. And that requires some effort. Obviously..

I am going to put a small amount in just for giggles. If my $100 ends up being worth 10K one day, you know, great...

I really need to invest in a mining rig so I can start mining all these new altcoins...
sinabu

Activity: 87

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 07:17:45 PM

I'd love to do a MN as well!

Shared, Dedicated and Cloud Hosting Available. We accept BTC, TOK, Paypal
https://www.anubianhost.com
remistevens

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 07:34:34 PM

Are you serious? $ 2 would be enough for me;)

$2 puts MAR just over a million market cap, making it MJ coin #4 I believe. $20 puts it at about half the value of potcoin in spot #2. I think either is reasonable and possible given that this is still the best named MJ coin and we're in the midst of an incredible crypto bull run. Devs road map achieved plus some better listings (bittrex.com maybe too) this project could definitely hit either of those estimates.

Also, Polo although I like it, is getting a reputation for delisting perfectly good coins. I hope we see a shift wherein they're no longer so volume dominant over other exchanges. Cryptopia is great, they deserve more business and are growing. If Polo loses share, topia coins like MAR are in a great spot.
sinabu

Activity: 87

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 08:21:00 PM

I second staying away from Yobit.

Had bad experiences there with stuck withdraws that took months to clear through there support and wallets always offline. Got so fed up I just sold the alts I had back to BTC and cashed out because of that.

Shared, Dedicated and Cloud Hosting Available. We accept BTC, TOK, Paypal
https://www.anubianhost.com
MAR DEV (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 10:29:40 PM

It appears the market moved a bit today. Good to see ICO price peaks again!

I will start working on the wallet update tomorrow or the day after. Reward wise I will keep everything original. Most of us invested in this coin knowing the specifications.

I read things about masternodes in here. I personally dislike them. Besides the current masternode hype, I don't think a masternode coin is fair. In order to gain an income from a masternode, one needs to have a minimum amount of funds to be able to receive a reward. This means a group of "elite" will have more benefits than small fish without a masternode. If a regular joe can't setup a masternode, be it because of a certain amount of funds, or knowledge, the function is failing. Marijuanacoin and the functions it offers are meant for everyone, without the need for special requirements. That is how I see a successful currency.

I second staying away from Yobit.

Had bad experiences there with stuck withdraws that took months to clear through there support and wallets always offline. Got so fed up I just sold the alts I had back to BTC and cashed out because of that.

Yobit was about the only exchange I could find with regular volume and an affordable market entry price. I did not sent in any request yet. I want to have the wallet update ready first before we apply for a listing. Other exchange suggestions are welcome! Bittrex and poloniex are far away I think. We are just 2-3 weeks into a takeover process, things like exchange listings take time.
MAR DEV (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 10:51:27 PM

I'm thinking of holding a little fundraising for a twitter campaign. This can help MAR get out of this hole we're in now. I want this to go live after I finish the shop (not the marketplace). This will be somewhere next week. How do you all feel about that? I do know I want it managed by a campaign manager. I'm with my head in numbers and code enough already. Cheesy

MAR DEV (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 11:59:22 PM

Well it is not my coin  Cheesy It is still an opensource project. If someone creates a fork on git, and adds masternodes, it can be done.
I know my way in the bitcoin code, and adding masternodes into this sourcecode is one hell of a job. Along that road comes a lot of testing and debugging. A swap is much easier, but really a last saving call. Rewarding early adopters is never a bad thing, but we have other things in mind for that. Thats why I prefer to keep the current code as it is, or only make small changes if the demand is there. And there are more important things to work on right now. MAR is still recovering from the dumpster we we're left in. We need more than masternodes to get our levels up. Smiley
PuraPuraBego

Activity: 928
Merit: 531

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:15:41 AM

Reborn coins? How about a picies an old coins? I thing I've them on wallets.
MAR DEV (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:33:38 AM

I notified Cryptopia through a support ticket about the takeover. Hopefully the stats and urls will be updated soon.

@jimmyk,
I have to say I actually really like the Cryptopia interface. It's classic, but with a modern twist. Their trading engine is actually not bad either. And their trollbox with all the options is really fancy stuff! I have no clue what karma points are though, but who cares? We're getting some karma there!  Cheesy
I'm really happy to have MAR on there. They are around for a while now, and not some one-day fly exchange.

About yobit, I just thought it might get MAR some more exposure. Though I'm not sure they will even list us for 0.1 BTC. But it's worth a shot. Everyone has their own preferred exchange. But this will give us an extra exchange with a different group of traders.
remistevens

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 07:41:42 AM

Coins do go to die on Yobit, but they also list lots of healthy coins. If MAR was only on there and nowhere else  I'd be worried.
remistevens

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 07:54:00 AM

Personally, I only invest in coins that prioritize decentralization and immutability, I don't buy coins that have master nodes or that change their ledgers....obviously plenty of people don't agree with my thinking and have made millions on Dark coin,  the new ETH fork and whatnot....but as a group, the decentralization crowd is significant, especially now with many old coins doing well. They're also patient. I'm fine waiting 5 years before wanting to sell some Mar if that's what it takes. Hot new techs can be risky, even gimmicky, but IMO it's decentralization that holds the best potential for longevity.

Also, the elites of MAR are already committed without master nodes. There are so few buyers, you couldn't dump a big chunk of supply and leave even if you wanted to.
remistevens

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 08:13:18 AM

MAR DEV...Wondering a couple things. How can we verify the ICO funds are Unspendable? Is there a risk we spend time building value here and one day the scummy old dev dumps those coins and collapses the Market?

Also wondering, you said you're comfortable with bitcoin code. How tough will it be given your skills and the MAR code to implement Bitcoin upgrades as they come out. Segwit for example. Also, thinking in time someone will probably create a soft fork way to implement smart contracts onto bitcoin and who knows what else.
MAR DEV (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:47:09 PM

Cryptopia updated their coin info column already with the new urls!

MAR DEV...Wondering a couple things. How can we verify the ICO funds are Unspendable? Is there a risk we spend time building value here and one day the scummy old dev dumps those coins and collapses the Market?

Also wondering, you said you're comfortable with bitcoin code. How tough will it be given your skills and the MAR code to implement Bitcoin upgrades as they come out. Segwit for example. Also, thinking in time someone will probably create a soft fork way to implement smart contracts onto bitcoin and who knows what else.

That is a very good question!

Given the combination in the pub key (address), it is really impossible with today's computing power to generate/calculate a priv key for that address. So it is impossible for that funds to move from that address. It is like locking a door, even though you don't have the key.

About segwit, we will not need that for a loooooong time. Our maximum blocksize is capped at 20mb per block. That is 20x more than bitcoin. I doubt we will outperfom bitcoin in transactions one day.  Cheesy
Other updates which can help the safety and network performance, will of course be integrated if possible.

https://github.com/marijuanacoin-official/marijuanacoin/blob/master/src/main.h#L34
MAR DEV (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 01:17:54 PM

ICO funds - does he mean the burn address?

If he is referring to the burn address:  if you know anything about generating vanity addresses, it would be almost impossible to generate the address the org developer used to burn the coins.  Not impossible - there is always a chance that you could generate that address, but the chances are like 1 in trillion million zillion!

I figured he meant the burned funds. But it is exactly like you said. The chances of generating that exact address with the private key is nearly impossible.
lostcause99

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 01:19:31 PM

Personally, I only invest in coins that prioritize decentralization and immutability, I don't buy coins that have master nodes or that change their ledgers....obviously plenty of people don't agree with my thinking and have made millions on Dark coin,  the new ETH fork and whatnot....but as a group, the decentralization crowd is significant, especially now with many old coins doing well. They're also patient. I'm fine waiting 5 years before wanting to sell some Mar if that's what it takes. Hot new techs can be risky, even gimmicky, but IMO it's decentralization that holds the best potential for longevity.

Also, the elites of MAR are already committed without master nodes. There are so few buyers, you couldn't dump a big chunk of supply and leave even if you wanted to.

X11 mining makes this coin vulnerable to 51% hack , and me leery of investing real sums. Just looking for a solution to secure the block chain with out having to point my ETH miners this way.

Masternodes are not a fad.. that is FUD ... kinda like the mass FUD of miners not being profitable a year ago.  It is a way to secure a block chain with out setting up and running massive sever farms.  MN's are rewarding and profitable for both POS stakers and node owners.  I did bring up your concerns about the cost of masternodes in later stages of adoption and was hoping we can find solutions and work our way around  road blocks others have encountered. 

MAR DEV:

Sorry , I can only imagine the work load some of what we are considering. The logistics and such but you are not alone here. We can and will help. I am here for the experience, not the money. fiat currency is a lousy way to keep score anyway. If we build something useful and that can retain value even better but the start of that will be a secure blockchain. 

Thoughts?

lost
MAR DEV (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 01:34:08 PM

Through staking, with many wallets open and competing for blocks, the network is already secure. Once we have updated the source with new checkpoint and alert keys, we're pretty good to go really.

And when I compare MAR, to my BC wallet for example, I think it's safe to say the MAR wallet and the functions in it are pretty modern. The only thing we don't have is masternodes.
pcfvjackie

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:11:44 PM

Hi, I want to get some coins by mining.
The name rings my bell.

I'm using sgminer and http://x11.ispace.co.uk/ as pool with my R7 360 GPU.
Run for more than an hour but I still didn't see any coins.

Is my GPU too slow to see anything or is my setting wrong?
I can see my worker's Hash Rate is 2.96 MH/s and some shares but My Balance shows 0s.

Thank you in advance.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: