Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:45:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ██MAR██Marijuanacoin██X11 PoW/PoS██Cryptopia██Platform Beta██SMOKIN' HOT!██  (Read 29425 times)
MAR DEV (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:56:11 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2017, 11:23:34 AM by MAR DEV

MAR value and Network Hashrates picking up now =o

Looking good!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
remistevens

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:11:43 PM

Lots of movement on MJ coins lately. 4 coins over 3 million market cap now. If MAR were to do the same, today's investors see +3000%
remistevens

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 09:07:25 PM

To do the same, MAR would really need to get on a bigger exchange IMO.

I was just looking over the Bittrex requirements located here:  https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/202583854-Submitting-a-Coin-to-Bittrex

"Note that we cannot list currencies where its primary purpose is to support illegal gambling, illegal drug sales, or any other activity that is illegal in our jurisdiction."

Might be a good thing to remove any mention of buying weed with MAR (from the developers perspective).  Obviously, what people do with the coin is there business, just like any other coin.

Cryptopia is a really nice exchange, but it lacks the volume needed to really make MAR a top coin.

Of course, posting in this thread and community matters. 

Good idea for sure about illegal activities.

And yes about Cryptopia. I like it a lot, but its very low volume.
remistevens

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 09:11:40 PM

We've got like 4 people posting in this thread which isn't good.

Apparently you missed the grammies.

remistevens

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:17:47 PM

And yes about Cryptopia. I like it a lot, but its very low volume.

Maybe if the coin got on another exchange there would be some arbitrage which could increase price.

IMO I just don't see top 150 / 200 without Bittrex.  Top 100 without Poloniex.

Bittrex is possible because they already list CANN and DOPE.  But the dev would have to verify their identity on the platform.

Dev identified would help a lot and yea any other exchange really. Livecoin has been increasing in volume. Costs 3 BTC to list or through voting which we'd surely have no luck at for now.
MAR DEV (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 01:16:58 PM

We've got like 4 people posting in this thread which isn't good.

Apparently you missed the grammies.

lol

We are currently testing a new core update. This will allow users to lock up funds. When your funds reach 12 weeks of maturity, your MAR is ready to harvest/stake for a higher reward. So we're basically growing marijuana inside the wallet.
Regular staking will also be possible, but against a lower reward structure.
PoW will keep running as an extra to secure the network, and to keep it moving if for some reason everyone locked up their funds for bigger stakes.

Exciting times ahead for MAR!
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 04:03:19 AM

As long as the devs stay seriously committed to this project, it will - sooner or later - be a success.

Look at how well the entire Crypto industry is doing. 2 years ago, I could have never foreseen that the Crypto industry's market cap would be >$100 billion and that there would be hundreds of coins with a >$1 million market cap each... if the other coins can do it, so can this one.

Nothing can stop it.

MAR DEV, just stay committed and focused. Eventually, no matter how long it takes - This project will be very successful.

qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 06:03:30 AM

It was a real shame we had bought a lot of MAR when there was the old DEV, then the coin nose dived then once the old dev left the project so we lost out big time as we thought the coin had been abandoned and had to sell cheaply but good luck with the project and I wish you all much success for the future.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
MAR DEV (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 05:02:35 PM

It was a real shame we had bought a lot of MAR when there was the old DEV, then the coin nose dived then once the old dev left the project so we lost out big time as we thought the coin had been abandoned and had to sell cheaply but good luck with the project and I wish you all much success for the future.

The coin was abandoned like you said. Exactly the reason why we picked it up.

Yup more details please  Grin

I'd like to know the lockup amount vs reward structure as well

The rates are not yet decided. We are simply testing with random numbers right now on a private network.
We do want to lower regular PoS rewards to 0.1/0.2 MAR. Funds that are locked, and released after 12 weeks, will stake against a higher (annual percentage) reward.

We would like community members to state their opinion and their ideal rates first before we decide on official numbers.
sinabu

Activity: 87

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 05:11:09 PM

I don't do POW as I don't have the equipment but I enjoy doing POS. I have a dedicated machine that I put my staking wallets on here but hearing an 80-90% reduction in staking rewards for regular POS is disheartening. Right now I am getting 1 MAR per stake. I don't mind locking up some funds but also waiting 12 weeks to me for a bonus payout is a bit much. 

What is the difference between what you are testing vs a masternode?

Others I've seen when you do the masternode you still get daily pay outs but at a higher amount vs someone doing regular POS. Is this not the case here?

Shared, Dedicated and Cloud Hosting Available. We accept BTC, TOK, Paypal
https://www.anubianhost.com
MAR DEV (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 05:39:12 PM

I don't do POW as I don't have the equipment but I enjoy doing POS. I have a dedicated machine that I put my staking wallets on here but hearing an 80-90% reduction in staking rewards for regular POS is disheartening. Right now I am getting 1 MAR per stake. I don't mind locking up some funds but also waiting 12 weeks to me for a bonus payout is a bit much. 

What is the difference between what you are testing vs a masternode?

Others I've seen when you do the masternode you still get daily pay outs but at a higher amount vs someone doing regular POS. Is this not the case here?

If we don't lower regular PoS rewards, the inflation which we already are upscaling by this system, is too much. But like I said before, this is just a thought, and rates are not official yet. This system rewards true followers and community members. Funds are not solid locked for 12 weeks either. You can always unlock the funds, and use them to send to exchange or whatever. This will reset the locked inputs 12 weeks time terminal though.

The difference between this and a masternode is not really comparable since this an entirely different system. But unlike masternodes, no special requirements are needed. You simply choose to lock funds or not. When you do, you will be rewarded (much) more MAR.

MAR DEV (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 10:35:23 AM

Thanks for doing that!  Smiley

I like this setup:

PoW = .75 MAR
PoS = .5 MAR
12 Week PoS = 1.5 or 2

Keeping things simple without percentages.

12 weeks is fine to me since people can move them out if they want.

Vault really rewards holders.

Static coded blockrewards for PoS after locked funds is something we've been discussing in the team for a while now. Let me try and explain our issue.

Example with static coded rewards (We take 200 MAR for blockreward just for example purposes.) :

Person A locks 10000 MAR without using coincontrol. Because he/she did not use coincontrol to split inputs, he/she will receive one bigger stake of 200 MAR after 12 weeks.

Person B locks 10000 MAR using the blocksplitter to make 100 inputs of 100 MAR. After 12 weeks, this person has 100x chance to hit a big block of 200 MAR. Though the weight per input is less than Person A's input, the advantage really lies with Person B having 100 inputs to compete for stakes on the network.

Example with annual rates (We take 80% just for example purposes) :

Person A locks 10000 MAR without using coincontrol. Because he/she did not use coincontrol to split inputs, he/she will receive one bigger stake based on the annual rate of 80% x input age/amount after 12 weeks.

Person B locks 10000 MAR using the blocksplitter to make 100 inputs of 100 MAR. After 12 weeks, this person has 100x chance to hit a big block based on the annual rate of 80% x input age/amount. The only advantage person B has in this example, is that he/she receives more stake blocks, but not more reward since the reward is based on an annual percentage.

Obviously this is a simple and quick summary of the differences in rewards. We have not calculated this through yet, what the end results of both type of reward chains after 12 months would be. But we want the most fair type of reward structure for early bird community members, but also for new people coming into Marijuanacoin.

So annual, or static coded rewards is undecided yet for the lockdown period. The regular rewards stay at a static coded reward model.

remistevens

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:50:00 PM

I like this setup:

PoW = .75 MAR
PoS = .5 MAR
12 Week PoS = 1.5 or 2

Keeping things simple without percentages.

12 weeks is fine to me since people can move them out if they want.

Vault really rewards holders.

Static coded blockrewards for PoS after locked funds is something we've been discussing in the team for a while now. Let me try and explain our issue.

Example with static coded rewards (We take 200 MAR for blockreward just for example purposes.) :

Person A locks 10000 MAR without using coincontrol. Because he/she did not use coincontrol to split inputs, he/she will receive one bigger stake of 200 MAR after 12 weeks.

Person B locks 10000 MAR using the blocksplitter to make 100 inputs of 100 MAR. After 12 weeks, this person has 100x chance to hit a big block of 200 MAR. Though the weight per input is less than Person A's input, the advantage really lies with Person B having 100 inputs to compete for stakes on the network.

Example with annual rates (We take 80% just for example purposes) :

Person A locks 10000 MAR without using coincontrol. Because he/she did not use coincontrol to split inputs, he/she will receive one bigger stake based on the annual rate of 80% x input age/amount after 12 weeks.

Person B locks 10000 MAR using the blocksplitter to make 100 inputs of 100 MAR. After 12 weeks, this person has 100x chance to hit a big block based on the annual rate of 80% x input age/amount. The only advantage person B has in this example, is that he/she receives more stake blocks, but not more reward since the reward is based on an annual percentage.

Obviously this is a simple and quick summary of the differences in rewards. We have not calculated this through yet, what the end results of both type of reward chains after 12 months would be. But we want the most fair type of reward structure for early bird community members, but also for new people coming into Marijuanacoin.

So annual, or static coded rewards is undecided yet for the lockdown period. The regular rewards stay at a static coded reward model.

Didn't really think about that scenario, good points.

Vault sounds great to me, however its set up. Encourages long term holding definitely- which leads to scarcity, lack of sellers and higher prices.
MAR DEV (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 10:47:37 PM

We really need to get MAR into Poloniex...and kick out POT.

We're already worth more than POT ^^

Our time will come sooner or later. For now we want to focus on our developments first.

We have a team meeting tomorrow to discuss the results from the "test fork" and the final rates for PoS.
motorhead89

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

Wasssssup!

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 01:27:24 AM

I'm about to come onboard...just waiting for a transfer of funds to Cryptopia and going to buy! I like the posts and reviews so far!

I had my account hacked due to a weak password I was told. It has be re-secured and a stronger password implemented. Hacker was posting malware links using my account. Always use a very strong password.
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:09:03 AM

hmm this coin look great  Smiley
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 06:39:02 AM

Is this new wallet supposed to work with our old wallet.dat file or was there some sort of swap or something?
MAR DEV (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 01:48:05 PM

Is this new wallet supposed to work with our old wallet.dat file or was there some sort of swap or something?

The new wallet will be compatible with the current chain. We're only adding things to the current source.

There will be NO swap!

I'm about to come onboard...just waiting for a transfer of funds to Cryptopia and going to buy! I like the posts and reviews so far!

Welcome on board!

hmm this coin look great  Smiley

Thanks!
cryptokyle

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 05:37:03 AM

Looking for big things here. Active dev, great rewards, solid roadmap. Should be at least worth what DOPE and CANN are worth. Keep up the good work dev !
remistevens

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 01:01:22 PM

There will be NO swap!

Awesome, dev is committed to the ledger. Swaps are Bullshit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: