Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:48:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CNC][P2pool] Blastbobs unstable p2pool CHNcoin server(s)  (Read 13543 times)
JimmyFL

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 09:49:02 AM
Last edit: May 05, 2013, 10:00:02 AM by JimmyFL

DISCLAIMER! No responsibility for any bug, misconfig, error or anything with payments

I like you and your pools, but...

Sorry, but this is bullshit. Of course you're responsible for that, since you have some "profit" (with the 3% fee and the current hashrate: 112CNC/hour = 2688CNC/day = 6.5BTC/day).
You are the pool operator, and it's your (well paid) job/hobby to have everything operational and functional.
Beware, at the end you could end up with an empty pool and a scammer title (like many before)...
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 09:52:19 AM

i've gone fornearly 5 hours between payouts, from 01:59 to 06:12 there were no payments, even though i dod solve plenty of shares.

Switched pools for now to see if its fixable Smiley
tobobit

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 09:52:33 AM

I was minning for ~1.5h, got ~25 shares accepted and didn't receive even single CNC for that.
That was > 2h ago so I think sth is wrong with that pool currently, I even wasn't listed on miners list.

How do you find that? thx
goto page 1 of the thread, next to each pool is the pool's stats.  at teh bottom is the addresses thta would get payout

something seems really wrong with payouts on this pool. the 2 good push pools are closed to new registrants.  
I guess it's time to solo mine.

good luck.
sreg0r

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 10:24:58 AM

I started mining on this pool about 5pm and got regular payouts for a couple hours, then they just stopped about 9pm. Left it running a couple more hours after I noticed but nothing has come in since.  This is without any config changes too.  I realise this is a new operation but I was able to mine with cnc.dontmine.me and it's been very reliable.
gyverlb

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 11:52:29 AM

For people trying to install a local P2Pool node from https://github.com/chrda/p2pool-chncoin, it doesn't work without modifying the p2pool/networks.py file: the bootstrap servers for the "litecoin" network (reused by the CNC P2Pool) have invalid hostnames.

To fix this, replace the BOOTSTRAP_NODES value in the litecoin section (line 62) like this (reusing the public nodes listed in the OP).
Code:
BOOTSTRAP_ADDRS='pool01-cnc.coinloot.com pool02-cnc.coinloot.com pool03-cnc.coinloot.com pool04-cnc.coinloot.com'.split(' '),

Just added a European node (not public: I don't think you can mine efficiently on P2Pool without a local node).

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
blastbob (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 11:56:55 AM

DISCLAIMER! No responsibility for any bug, misconfig, error or anything with payments

Sorry, but this is bullshit. Of course you're responsible for that, since you have some "profit" (with the 3% fee and the current hashrate: 112CNC/hour = 2688CNC/day = 6.5BTC/day).
You are the pool operator, and it's your (well paid) job/hobby to have everything operational and functional.
Beware, at the end you could end up with an empty pool and a scammer title (like many before)...

The nice part with p2pool is that the wallet it uses will always be 0 coin. I see that i am not going to setup any pushpoold in the near future except for private members.
And when it comes to profit, have you seen the 10k GiveAway Thread i have?

Bitrated user: blastbob.
Petr1fied

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 12:12:23 PM

I haven't had any problems with it, I've been getting regular payouts from pool2. So far just over 100 CNC in the last 19 hours.
vdragon

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 12:36:02 PM

Moved to solo mining, much better now Smiley

My USB Erupter GROUP BUY https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252180.0

Hungary (south) based trader - accepting/sending bank transfers, also willing to meet in person
garumaru

Activity: 163

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 01:36:02 PM

A question:
Sometimes my address shows up in the payout page and sometimes it doesn't.
When it doesn't what does it mean?

BTC - 19zLbgtvGUttFiT9LXY8XAw1gGRiwXQap4
DGC - DM2qB66qAetszRtQACX683Vd7Bgd6sUsRB
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 01:38:46 PM

Almost never read so much bullshit in one post.
Set up your own P2Pool, learn how it works or STFU.
gritter

Activity: 147
Merit: 101

Datum.network - register for Pre-ICO

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 01:54:34 PM

A question:

Im seeing the same issue, when mining directly on blastbob P2Pools but also on my own P2Pool node though (connected to blastbob's p2pool network), anyone knows why that is?
RetardedMonkey

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 01:58:59 PM

I haven't had a 'mined' payment from Bob's pool for about 30-40 minutes now even though there's been blocks. Previously I was getting them every minute or two.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 02:06:22 PM

bobs pool works well for me much better than solo, sometimes u can go many hours witout getting coins, then a lot come in at the same time.

whatever,  bob has worked hard from the very start and was the first to bring a pool out for cnc i think, without him all the coins would have just been taken by the huge mining rigs on solo.

thanks bobs, who knows how the pool works p2p is a mystery however still my pc on your pool does a lot better than my other pc solo mining. both the same sort of hash.

I understand pps frustration when mining and seeing it not going 100% to plan, but really he is not forcing anyone to use it and actually from the start has always kept saying go to pushpools if possible. He even recommended ppl solo mine if they could at the start when it was easy he said he was doing better soloming himself back when diff was small. He set the p2p pool to help others out basically which is really cool of him.

However i have tried several of those psuh pools and they are FAR from perfect. I left one going over ngiht only to wake up to a message sorry pool closed, but somehow they forgot to turn if off totally so my cgminer never failed over to the backup.

cheers bob keep your pools going i like them and i appreciate your effort.

gyverlb

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 02:49:52 PM

A question:

Im seeing the same issue, when mining directly on blastbob P2Pools but also on my own P2Pool node though (connected to blastbob's p2pool network), anyone knows why that is?

P2Pool is using the shares submitted for the last 24h or the last 3 blocks found whichever is the least.

Currently the difficulty is so low that blocks are found on average in ~1 minute. If you don't manage to submit a p2pool share (which have high difficulty) at least one time during the 3 block window (on average ~3 minutes) you don't get any payout.

So everything is fine: it adds variance for each payout but they happen often enough to smooth it out in a few hours for most people.

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:21:14 PM

Ouch payout has dropped like a rock WTH!

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
blastbob (OP)

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:24:30 PM

ddos.. cant control that. node02 has some better ddos protection

Bitrated user: blastbob.
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:25:58 PM

ddos.. cant control that. node02 has some better ddos protection

im not bitching.. lol I just woke up

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
z0rr0

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 08:56:53 PM

A question:

P2Pool is using the shares submitted for the last 24h or the last 3 blocks found whichever is the least.

Currently the difficulty is so low that blocks are found on average in ~1 minute. If you don't manage to submit a p2pool share (which have high difficulty) at least one time during the 3 block window (on average ~3 minutes) you don't get any payout.

So everything is fine: it adds variance for each payout but they happen often enough to smooth it out in a few hours for most people.

Does it mean that after tweaking share difficulty the way like mentioned in the 1st post (by adding for example +0.00058207 to CHNcoin address) shares that have not enough high difficulty likely wouldn't be taked into account?
frobley

Activity: 708

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 09:43:31 PM

pool is working great bob, tnx  Cool
JimmyFL

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 11:29:16 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2013, 11:46:49 PM by JimmyFL

Almost never read so much bullshit in one post.
Set up your own P2Pool, learn how it works or STFU.

I never said that's blastbob's job is easy.
I like his pools, I was mining on the pool01 since it went online... I know that setup and manage any pool is a pain in the ass. (I'm experimenting with one right now).

But...
[ok, i just erased my answer, i'm not ready to start a flame war... Bob, i like your pool Smiley ]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: