Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:23:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RX480 Nitro OC with 113-2E3470U.X5W 256Kb bios - Nightmare, pls help!  (Read 454 times)
raidersan (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 02:42:11 PM

I have a miner with 7 original RX 480 Nitros (113-2E3470U.S52) with samsung memory. Those were fantastic, ran weeks with a reboot after settling on 29.5 mhs bios found on these forums. Then one packed up and i got sent a replacement, an "upgrade" as the original non-OC was not available anymore.
this new card has Samsung memory as well but I soon realised they were vastly different in so far as:

• 256 KB bios instead of 512
  • can not overclock above 2050 reliably with the memory straps from the other card, where as my other cards are running 2150
  • Uses less power at the wall even though GPUZ tells me the core part is using more, so memory must be using less
  • It produces at lot less heat than the original cards, probably pointing again to a lower memory voltage

This card runs for anything between 2 and 12 hours before falling over. Is there anybody with experience with it? Is it a different type of Samsung memory?
Any help or pointer would be greatly appreciated!
raidersan (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 11:49:37 AM

Anyone?
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 12:31:18 PM

I have a miner with 7 original RX 480 Nitros (113-2E3470U.S52) with samsung memory. Those were fantastic, ran weeks with a reboot after settling on 29.5 mhs bios found on these forums. Then one packed up and i got sent a replacement, an "upgrade" as the original non-OC was not available anymore.
this new card has Samsung memory as well but I soon realised they were vastly different in so far as:

• 256 KB bios instead of 512
  • can not overclock above 2050 reliably with the memory straps from the other card, where as my other cards are running 2150
  • Uses less power at the wall even though GPUZ tells me the core part is using more, so memory must be using less
  • It produces at lot less heat than the original cards, probably pointing again to a lower memory voltage

This card runs for anything between 2 and 12 hours before falling over. Is there anybody with experience with it? Is it a different type of Samsung memory?
Any help or pointer would be greatly appreciated!
Lower quality card... 256KB is normal, 512KB could be from GPU-Z extracting, also it can support more than 2 memory brands. All my RX 4xx cards have 256KB bios, the new RX 5xx have 512KB mainly I would say.
What timings you use? For Samsung use Uber-Mix 3.1, if it's not stable lower clocks or use 3.2.
You can't lower memory voltages, only memory controller voltages (VDDC), GDDR5 use always 1V.
My Asus Dual RX 480 O8G cannot run stock clocks, I returned it.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
Kasmetski

Activity: 50
Merit: 3

Searchin` perfection!

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 12:58:12 PM

I had 6 of these cards too, 2 of them died. They are really bad compared with the first batch.
Mine came in red box, not a black one like the first RX480's.

I've made a rom for them who is running smoothly - 256 kb.
But cards are not here to check the serial number if it's identical.

Makefinity - Unleash Your Creativity
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: