Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:33:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodbye for now  (Read 1279 times)
mcdett (OP)

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 05:48:04 AM

I started mining on my macbook pro in March of 2010.  Back then a decent laptop would render 50 btc every few days.

I've worked this board from a few different accounts.

I spent some of my coins the last few days.  I've decided to buy a motorcycle with the USD that I've converted btc into.  Don't worry, I pulled enough out to pay uncle sam at the end of the year for these gains.  Remember we live in a civil society and it requires our respect to function well.  Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s.

I think the money to be made in bitcoin involves developing out the infrastructure for the protocol and user interfaces.  Remember, it was the Levi Strauss's (google it and educate yourself) of the gold rush era that turned out to be lasting profit machines.  Data mining operations that can provide value to governments on the movement of btc in the block chain will profit very well, very soon.

Uneducated people with 25k of btc that is stolen, from the same laptop that they surf 4chan with, get exactly what they're asking for.  Take a risk based approach to your btc holdings.  If you're a large fish with a large btc holding then you need to wipe the drive of every disk that saw your accounts private key, but keep a diversity of private key backups on stable hard mediums.  Learn to use the rescan feature of the current bitcoin software, understand what it is doing.  You can always send btc to a well protected account, but when you need to move btc out of a large account make sure you do it from a trusted platform (learn to unix).

I'll cast my eyes again to these markets and bulletin boards in a year from now.  Until then I'm going to focus myself to activities on other pressing matters in my life.  I felt like I needed to say goodbye.  Goodbye then.

Take care.

mcd

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
imperi

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 05:52:14 AM

Take care! Have fun with the motorcycle.
Jaime Frontero

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 05:57:23 AM

take care.

i like a level head.  see you in a year - we will all be wiser and better tempered.
frozen

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 07:20:33 AM

Remember we live in a civil society and it requires our respect to function well.  Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s.

Remember we live in a society where a group of individuals claim the right to point guns at everyone else and it requires our obedience and non-resistence to function well for them.

If services provided by the state were so necessary, we wouldn't need to be forced to pay for them.

I don't pay taxes because it is utilitarian. I pay because if I don't, they will kill me.

DamienBlack

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 07:23:04 AM

Remember we live in a civil society and it requires our respect to function well.  Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s.

Remember we live in a society where a group of individuals claim the right to point guns at everyone else and it requires our obedience and non-resistence to function well for them.

If services provided by the state were so necessary, we wouldn't need to be forced to pay for them.

I don't pay taxes because it is utilitarian. I pay because if I don't, they will kill me.

Not sure where you live, but I doubt they'll kill you.
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 07:29:22 AM

They will throw you in jail. What a relief...

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
frozen

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 07:34:20 AM

Remember we live in a civil society and it requires our respect to function well.  Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s.

1. Stop paying taxes
2. Some period of time goes by.
3. Receive a letter in the mail. Burn it.
4. Receive another letter. Flush it.
5. Receive a court date. Don't attend.
6. A few people in funny hats and probably blue colored costumes will show up at your door. This step may occur a few times.
7. Eventually they will attempt to kidnap you and lock you away in a warehouse until they decide to let you go.
8. If you resist #7, they have the obligation to shoot you. They will probably get an award and a vacation bonus for it as well.

Even a cursory read of police brutality headlines show that these oddly dressed and well armed individuals generally don't have any sympathy for your well being, so if you give them any hint of incentive they seem to be quite ready to take it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: