Bitcoin Forum
August 28, 2024, 05:29:16 PM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Mixing ?  (Read 465 times)
Artificial (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 07:20:46 AM

Okays, so I seemed to have lost coins via my thread earlier with no help so far: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=193120.0
The only thing I can hope is that it's not a scam and that it's doing the bitcoin mixing ?

But how does this work ? and how long would it take to receive those coins back from the mixing ?
Any help would be appreciated guys Smiley
Gabrics

Activity: 187
Merit: 117

Just digging around

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 09:03:56 AM

Mixing works by combining and sending coins to several addresses. So the fact that they sent the coins shouldn't raise any red flags.
You should receive it back on a different address, so it would be hard to tell trace which coin went to where.
In my opinion, if you follow the original amount (-fees) you could still guess (unless you receive the resulted amount as random amounts on new addresses).
Trading
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:07:26 AM

Never used them. But the fact that the bitcoins were moved to another address might mean that they moved it to a cold wallet: a different wallet to insure they are not easily withdraw. Important is to check if your balance is still the same. Anyway, message them again.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
Artificial (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:31:26 PM

Never used them. But the fact that the bitcoins were moved to another address might mean that they moved it to a cold wallet: a different wallet to insure they are not easily withdraw. Important is to check if your balance is still the same. Anyway, message them again.

Well when I goto withdraw a larger amount then it says, it tells me that my online hot wallet doesn't have enough, and they have a wallet that is not online to ensure security apparently. But the transactions are up to something like 83 confirmations which seems alot! don't know if that's any relevance though, still waiting on coins and response. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: