Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:34:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Offering to act as ESCROW between BTC, LTC, FTC and CNC  (Read 1128 times)
mobodick (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:13:31 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2013, 11:04:29 AM by mobodick

If you need an escrow send me a PM.
If i'm there i will respond and we can make a deal.

Plan is simple.

First both sides notify me with the trade they want to make.

I then propose a small fee (probably between 0% and 2%) and if both parties agree after a negotiation they send me the to-be traded ammount + fee to the addresses i provide and provide me with their receive addresses (both for the coin they sell and the coin they buy, in case i need to return funds).

Once i've received the coins from both sides and have checked that the ammounts match what was proposed to be payed i will send the ammounts minus any fees to the provided addresses.
If any of the participants fails to pay within 24 hours i will send whatever i received back to the provided addresses.

This is the basic deal. If you have different requirements just let me know and we can discuss a deal.
So if you both agree that you are willing to wait longer than 24 hours then we can change the deal.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrSprinkles

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:16:03 AM

Do you have a trade history? A bitcoin-otc profile? What proof can you offer that you are a legitimate escrow service for a first-timer? Don't mean to insult your godly post count or anything, but some credentials would be reassuring.
mobodick (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:21:14 AM

Do you have a trade history? A bitcoin-otc profile? What proof can you offer that you are a legitimate escrow service for a first-comer. Don't mean to insult your godly post count or anything, but you can never be too sure.

I have none of those. But i thought it would be fun to help out the community a little.
It's ment as a way to get things moving. If you don't trust me to handle you kilo's of coins then i understand.
UKMark

Activity: 144

Empty vessels make most noise.

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 10:21:17 AM

Do you have a trade history? A bitcoin-otc profile? What proof can you offer that you are a legitimate escrow service for a first-comer. Don't mean to insult your godly post count or anything, but you can never be too sure.

I have none of those. But i thought it would be fun to help out the community a little.
It's ment as a way to get things moving. If you don't trust me to handle you kilo's of coins then i understand.

Maybe lay out a business plan on how you are going to go about this - Ie: fees (would they be charged on a failed sale/buy etc?).

I have only been involved with Crypto since late December/January this year, but what I have noticed in such a short space of time is FEAR, its everywhere, FEAR of new members, FEAR of new currencies, FEAR of change, FEAR of exchange Smiley I even made a joke about in another thread and I FEARED I had induced more FEAR Grin

Its quite sad really, that as a community we generally FEAR each other, if we all FEAR then how can any of this Crypto actually work?

Anyway I would be willing to risk 500 FTC in an initial sale using you as an escrow, if I get scammed, then so be it, mobodick will be exposed as a scammer and the community will have one less, either way, whether I do or don't get scammed, it might just help to alleviate some of this FEAR Cool

Oh and I'll take a lower exchange rate, to try an alleviate the FEAR that I am in it just for profit. Say 1 BTC or LTC equivalent (after fees) for 500 FTC? (first come first served basis - I'll let mobodick decide the fees with the buyer based on my terms)

I have to get some work done now, but FEAR not, I will be back later on today.  Grin

Tittiez

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 10:24:01 AM

mobodick has been a member since 2011, I don't think he would want to ruin his rep with a few stupid altcoins. Use him for escrow if you need it.
mobodick (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:02:00 AM

Maybe lay out a business plan on how you are going to go about this - Ie: fees (would they be charged on a failed sale/buy etc?).

I have only been involved with Crypto since late December/January this year, but what I have noticed in such a short space of time is FEAR, its everywhere, FEAR of new members, FEAR of new currencies, FEAR of change, FEAR of exchange Smiley I even made a joke about in another thread and I FEARED I had induced more FEAR Grin

Its quite sad really, that as a community we generally FEAR each other, if we all FEAR then how can any of this Crypto actually work?

Anyway I would be willing to risk 500 FTC in an initial sale using you as an escrow, if I get scammed, then so be it, mobodick will be exposed as a scammer and the community will have one less, either way, whether I do or don't get scammed, it might just help to alleviate some of this FEAR Cool

Oh and I'll take a lower exchange rate, to try an alleviate the FEAR that I am in it just for profit. Say 1 BTC or LTC equivalent (after fees) for 500 FTC? (first come first served basis - I'll let mobodick decide the fees with the buyer based on my terms)

I have to get some work done now, but FEAR not, I will be back later on today.  Grin
Hey, thanks for the trust Smiley
I'm all game, so if you find someone to trade with just let me know.

About a plan, i've updated the OP with one Smiley
mobodick (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:03:11 AM

mobodick has been a member since 2011, I don't think he would want to ruin his rep with a few stupid altcoins. Use him for escrow if you need it.

And here i was hoping that benders trusty head would win people over.,  Grin
UKMark

Activity: 144

Empty vessels make most noise.

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:00:30 PM

Man, I can almost taste the Irony  Grin Grin Grin

Disclosure: I'm 100% Heterosexual and I didn't really want to trade anyway.  Wink

Good luck with your escrow plan!  Cool

mobodick (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:05:18 PM

Man, I can almost taste the Irony  Grin Grin Grin

Disclosure: I'm 100% Heterosexual and I didn't really want to trade anyway.  Wink

Good luck with your escrow plan!  Cool

Hey, i am 40% Irony!
Barnacle_Ed

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 06:12:36 PM

I'm trying to compile a list of Altcoin escrow agents at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AibiuqEWnCPZdEN2NlBsUm9PQUoyelk2REVhd0hzSUE#gid=0

Want me to add your name to the list?
mobodick (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 06:19:59 PM

I'm trying to compile a list of Altcoin escrow agents at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AibiuqEWnCPZdEN2NlBsUm9PQUoyelk2REVhd0hzSUE#gid=0

Nah., i don't think there is a big need at the moment.
But thanks.
Barnacle_Ed

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 06:25:54 PM

Nah., i don't think there is a big need at the moment.
But thanks.

Personally, I disagree...I see tons of trade and WTS threads here daily, more scam accusations then we've seen here historically, yet little in the way of new escrow offerings. That's my own 2 Satoshis though.

Feel free to give me a holler if you change your mind.
buy-black

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 01:03:15 PM

Better use BitHalo or Blackhalo and you do not need third party escrow:
http://www.coindesk.com/bithalo-smart-contracts-without-block-chain-bloat/

BC + XC + DRK
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: