Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:51:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Offering to act as ESCROW between BTC, LTC, FTC and CNC  (Read 1128 times)
mobodick (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:13:31 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2013, 11:04:29 AM by mobodick

If you need an escrow send me a PM.
If i'm there i will respond and we can make a deal.

Plan is simple.

First both sides notify me with the trade they want to make.

I then propose a small fee (probably between 0% and 2%) and if both parties agree after a negotiation they send me the to-be traded ammount + fee to the addresses i provide and provide me with their receive addresses (both for the coin they sell and the coin they buy, in case i need to return funds).

Once i've received the coins from both sides and have checked that the ammounts match what was proposed to be payed i will send the ammounts minus any fees to the provided addresses.
If any of the participants fails to pay within 24 hours i will send whatever i received back to the provided addresses.

This is the basic deal. If you have different requirements just let me know and we can discuss a deal.
So if you both agree that you are willing to wait longer than 24 hours then we can change the deal.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrSprinkles

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:16:03 AM

Do you have a trade history? A bitcoin-otc profile? What proof can you offer that you are a legitimate escrow service for a first-timer? Don't mean to insult your godly post count or anything, but some credentials would be reassuring.
mobodick (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:21:14 AM

Do you have a trade history? A bitcoin-otc profile? What proof can you offer that you are a legitimate escrow service for a first-comer. Don't mean to insult your godly post count or anything, but you can never be too sure.

I have none of those. But i thought it would be fun to help out the community a little.
It's ment as a way to get things moving. If you don't trust me to handle you kilo's of coins then i understand.
UKMark

Activity: 144

Empty vessels make most noise.

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 10:21:17 AM

Do you have a trade history? A bitcoin-otc profile? What proof can you offer that you are a legitimate escrow service for a first-comer. Don't mean to insult your godly post count or anything, but you can never be too sure.

I have none of those. But i thought it would be fun to help out the community a little.
It's ment as a way to get things moving. If you don't trust me to handle you kilo's of coins then i understand.

Maybe lay out a business plan on how you are going to go about this - Ie: fees (would they be charged on a failed sale/buy etc?).

I have only been involved with Crypto since late December/January this year, but what I have noticed in such a short space of time is FEAR, its everywhere, FEAR of new members, FEAR of new currencies, FEAR of change, FEAR of exchange Smiley I even made a joke about in another thread and I FEARED I had induced more FEAR Grin

Its quite sad really, that as a community we generally FEAR each other, if we all FEAR then how can any of this Crypto actually work?

Anyway I would be willing to risk 500 FTC in an initial sale using you as an escrow, if I get scammed, then so be it, mobodick will be exposed as a scammer and the community will have one less, either way, whether I do or don't get scammed, it might just help to alleviate some of this FEAR Cool

Oh and I'll take a lower exchange rate, to try an alleviate the FEAR that I am in it just for profit. Say 1 BTC or LTC equivalent (after fees) for 500 FTC? (first come first served basis - I'll let mobodick decide the fees with the buyer based on my terms)

I have to get some work done now, but FEAR not, I will be back later on today.  Grin

Tittiez

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 10:24:01 AM

mobodick has been a member since 2011, I don't think he would want to ruin his rep with a few stupid altcoins. Use him for escrow if you need it.
mobodick (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:02:00 AM

Maybe lay out a business plan on how you are going to go about this - Ie: fees (would they be charged on a failed sale/buy etc?).

I have only been involved with Crypto since late December/January this year, but what I have noticed in such a short space of time is FEAR, its everywhere, FEAR of new members, FEAR of new currencies, FEAR of change, FEAR of exchange Smiley I even made a joke about in another thread and I FEARED I had induced more FEAR Grin

Its quite sad really, that as a community we generally FEAR each other, if we all FEAR then how can any of this Crypto actually work?

Anyway I would be willing to risk 500 FTC in an initial sale using you as an escrow, if I get scammed, then so be it, mobodick will be exposed as a scammer and the community will have one less, either way, whether I do or don't get scammed, it might just help to alleviate some of this FEAR Cool

Oh and I'll take a lower exchange rate, to try an alleviate the FEAR that I am in it just for profit. Say 1 BTC or LTC equivalent (after fees) for 500 FTC? (first come first served basis - I'll let mobodick decide the fees with the buyer based on my terms)

I have to get some work done now, but FEAR not, I will be back later on today.  Grin
Hey, thanks for the trust Smiley
I'm all game, so if you find someone to trade with just let me know.

About a plan, i've updated the OP with one Smiley
mobodick (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:03:11 AM

mobodick has been a member since 2011, I don't think he would want to ruin his rep with a few stupid altcoins. Use him for escrow if you need it.

And here i was hoping that benders trusty head would win people over.,  Grin
UKMark

Activity: 144

Empty vessels make most noise.

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:00:30 PM

Man, I can almost taste the Irony  Grin Grin Grin

Disclosure: I'm 100% Heterosexual and I didn't really want to trade anyway.  Wink

Good luck with your escrow plan!  Cool

mobodick (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:05:18 PM

Man, I can almost taste the Irony  Grin Grin Grin

Disclosure: I'm 100% Heterosexual and I didn't really want to trade anyway.  Wink

Good luck with your escrow plan!  Cool

Hey, i am 40% Irony!
Barnacle_Ed

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 06:12:36 PM

I'm trying to compile a list of Altcoin escrow agents at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AibiuqEWnCPZdEN2NlBsUm9PQUoyelk2REVhd0hzSUE#gid=0

Want me to add your name to the list?
mobodick (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 06:19:59 PM

I'm trying to compile a list of Altcoin escrow agents at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AibiuqEWnCPZdEN2NlBsUm9PQUoyelk2REVhd0hzSUE#gid=0

Nah., i don't think there is a big need at the moment.
But thanks.
Barnacle_Ed

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 06:25:54 PM

Nah., i don't think there is a big need at the moment.
But thanks.

Personally, I disagree...I see tons of trade and WTS threads here daily, more scam accusations then we've seen here historically, yet little in the way of new escrow offerings. That's my own 2 Satoshis though.

Feel free to give me a holler if you change your mind.
buy-black

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 01:03:15 PM

Better use BitHalo or Blackhalo and you do not need third party escrow:
http://www.coindesk.com/bithalo-smart-contracts-without-block-chain-bloat/

BC + XC + DRK
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: