Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:07:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Grafana Monitoring Dashboard (EWBF API)  (Read 1283 times)
mplex (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 03:08:48 PM

Hey,

I wanted to gauge community interest in putting together a Grafana/Prometheus package to monitor mining instances via APIs (EWBF for now). I don't have a crazy mining rig or anything, but I do this sort of work for a living and could whip up some awesome dashboards in a few hours work:

See here: https://grafana.com/grafana

Anything you can monitor via the API, you can put on a graph. I'd set things up so all you had to do was download docker on a machine, and configure a single file with the IP's of all your miners along with a short description. Then it would poll them once a minute or so and dump all the GPU data to Prometheus and Grafana, where you could create all the dashboards you want. I'm looking to monitor SPS, temperature and power usage for my GPUs, and create some alerts when things go awry.

Other miners with APIs could easily be added later, and basically all you would need is docker to start it up. It would be hosted on GitHub of course. I've done this for dozens of systems at work, so it's not much trouble for me to put together other than packaging it up.

Thoughts?
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptominer420

Activity: 450
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 03:58:22 PM

I think this would be great, a statistical system for monitoring historical rig data with pricing etc for all intervals. this would actually be very useful as you could monitor everything in one easy place.

╖   ╓╖╖                         ╖╖╖ ,
  ▒   ╢▒,@▒▒▒║ ╓╣╝║║*╢  ╢▒╣ ],`]░╢▒▒╖ ▒ ╥╢▒▒▒╢  @╝╢▒
  Ñ▒▒]▒▒` ]`╢║▒╣▒╢▒▒  ╢▒╝▒▒▒  ╢▒╜║▒▒▒╢▒╜  ╢╢║N
 ║╢   ▒▒╜ ║▒▒╢▒▒@@╢▒║  ╢▒╜ ▒ ╙▒▒,║░▒╣ ▒║ ╢▒▒╢▒▒▒»@╢@@╢╜

▬▬  A Miner Built Mining Platform  ▬▬[/url]
Powered by Our Mining Community

virtexl

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 02:19:02 AM

This would be great, I've always wished there's a central monitor to all these different miner with different APIs.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 02:37:48 AM

What we really need is an API standard.

I wonder if we can lock down all the miner app coders to make a unified library/standard for the API interface.

Would save a LOT of heartache for everyone in the future.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 02:45:13 AM

DO it up man, see what you can offer Smiley  to be honest i know for me personally i just have a plethora of random sites and different APIs i use for each use case, and its kinda a headache. Im sure advanced users make your own but most of us don't have the skills or time haha
make something monitors all in one and put donation addresses on it (or maybe a premium tier), if it offers something we dont already have im sure it will fly!
good luck, ill keep watching this thread for updates Smiley

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
mplex (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 12:53:07 PM

Hey guys, I'll start working on something this afternoon. I'll set it up where with 20 lines of Python, you can add another scraper for any API that will dump the stats into Grafana. Should be easy to copy one that works and modify it for another.

On the dashboard/grafana side, it's all GUI based, so it will be easy to create and share dashboards. Same with alerts, all you need is an outgoing mail SMTP server, or you can even dump them all to a Slack room.

Stay tuned!
thesmokingman

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 04:15:28 PM

Hey guys, I'll start working on something this afternoon. I'll set it up where with 20 lines of Python, you can add another scraper for any API that will dump the stats into Grafana. Should be easy to copy one that works and modify it for another.

On the dashboard/grafana side, it's all GUI based, so it will be easy to create and share dashboards. Same with alerts, all you need is an outgoing mail SMTP server, or you can even dump them all to a Slack room.

Stay tuned!

Def watching this post mplex and thank you for taking the time to put this together. My current monitoring solution for ewbf's miner isn't working and I'm being told it's due to the lack of a complete and proper functioning API from ewbf, so interested to see if you run into any issues pulling data from the API for monitoring via Grafana. If all goes well I will be sending a donation your way as I currently pay $10 a month for monitoring I can't fully use, so will send you a few months worth of dues if everything works and easy to implement for other miners like Claymore and Optimizer's ZEC miners...

PIMP your AMD & Nvidia Farm. Finally a Multi-Miner Linux 16.04 Distro with Web Monitoring and On the Fly Algo-Switching. My PIMP AMD/Nvidia FARM: https://miner.farm/farmer/554/farmstatus
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:21:30 PM

is this still a thing or?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: