Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:22:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Be aware, phish private messages!  (Read 421 times)
cagriari (OP)

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

Exciting Cryptocurrency of Future!

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 05:48:25 PM

PM I got: http://prntscr.com/fc1qbs
Plain PM: http://prntscr.com/fc1r7j (bbcode thing)

It looks like a bitcointalk URL but it opens this one:
Code:
costaricayogalifestyle.com/index/?u=cagriari
DO NOT ENTER YOUR INFO!

After few tries, I saw that it's redirecting to this one:
Code:
[Suspicious link removed]/index/?action=profile&u=cagriari
Susp. link = automyworld dot ru
DO NOT ENTER YOUR INFO!

This HTML code was in the login page, maybe admins check logs and match that with an IP address - then account
Code:
<title>Login</title><!--5da08f128d1a94fb52add1854ba3d9a226d353e165d444f179028d1a94fb52add1854ba3d9a226d353e63e8a45b28d1a94fb52add1854ba3d9a226d353eff61-->

Sender of this phish page: @dakunaito

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1819
Merit: 2788

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 06:17:17 PM

PM I got: http://prntscr.com/fc1qbs
Plain PM: http://prntscr.com/fc1r7j (bbcode thing)

It looks like a bitcointalk URL but it opens this one:
Code:
costaricayogalifestyle.com/index/?u=cagriari
DO NOT ENTER YOUR INFO!

After few tries, I saw that it's redirecting to this one:
Code:
[Suspicious link removed]/index/?action=profile&u=cagriari
Susp. link = automyworld dot ru
DO NOT ENTER YOUR INFO!

This HTML code was in the login page, maybe admins check logs and match that with an IP address - then account
Code:
<title>Login</title><!--5da08f128d1a94fb52add1854ba3d9a226d353e165d444f179028d1a94fb52add1854ba3d9a226d353e63e8a45b28d1a94fb52add1854ba3d9a226d353eff61-->

Sender of this phish page: @dakunaito

Click the "Report to Admin" button on the PM itself and they will take care of it, I've tagged the account for now.

onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 06:21:50 PM

I would be more than happy to tag this account, what is the UID of the user if you possibly can link that?
Too bad that there are phishing link spammers on this forum.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 07:08:45 PM

I would be more than happy to tag this account, what is the UID of the user if you possibly can link that?
There is no point in tagging the account as it would have been banned already.You know,they're smart enough to use throwaway's to spread such links.Phishing Link scammers have existed on the forum ever since.They keep coming back occasionally.
dakunaito

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 10:40:55 AM

I'm hard to believe that I saw suddenly a negative trust on me, then I realise that someone reported me that sending those phishing link. I remember that I have received 1 message that saying he have replied me on one of the topics, so I just click on that link without doubt(because that time I have post some question and waiting for answer), but I found that link direct me to a different site, so I just close that tab, I believe that my account might have used by that phishing website to spam people by sending those phishing link. I have reported to admin that account which sent phishing link to me. Those phishing link might have spread through the forum, so be careful when someone send you a link, inspect it before open the web link, this case let me learn a lesson too.
http://www.screencast.com/t/8bs8QNuuI
http://www.screencast.com/t/ZOKBLF5y4
dakunaito

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:37:17 AM

I'm hard to believe that I saw suddenly a negative trust on me, then I realise that someone reported me that sending those phishing link. I remember that I have received 1 message that saying he have replied me on one of the topics, so I just click on that link without doubt(because that time I have post some question and waiting for answer), but I found that link direct me to a different site, so I just close that tab, I believe that my account might have used by that phishing website to spam people by sending those phishing link. I have reported to admin that account which sent phishing link to me. Those phishing link might have spread through the forum, so be careful when someone send you a link, inspect it before open the web link, this case let me learn a lesson too.
http://www.screencast.com/t/8bs8QNuuI
http://www.screencast.com/t/ZOKBLF5y4
You are very funny. Do you mean that someone hacked your account then used it on posting phishing link while your account is a newbie? It is easy to create account than to hack it from somebody. Stop making excuses here. I received also multiple message from newbie account but obviously there is a scam.

well, I really don't know how this website work, but after I clicked on that website I only found it is another website, then till now I only realise someone received a phishing message from me. I'm not trying to making any excuses here, I only come out and explain this case and how can you assume "someone hacked your account then used it on posting phishing link while your account is a newbie? It is easy to create account than to hack it from somebody.", some phishing websites might just send dozens of message to many users and won't care the account is a newbie or not. If I have done this kind of thing, why should I come out and explain this case again? I can choose to just remain silent and create another account to spam people, so don't simply judge a person. I'm know that I'm a newbie that might make people do not trust on me, but I still want to say that everyone have the right to explain and I'm not hoping to get any excuses as you can see I seldom use this account and I'm not a senior member, so excuses is really not that important for me. Thank you for your reply.
isoneguy

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:50:46 AM

There is no point in tagging the account as it would have been banned already.You know,they're smart enough to use throwaway's to spread such links.Phishing Link scammers have existed on the forum ever since.They keep coming back occasionally.

It's probably the same person...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: