Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:16:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AGRELLO - Legally-Binding Smart Contracts for all  (Read 70003 times)
Agrello (OP)

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

Legally-Binding Smart Contracts for all

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 10:32:57 PM

In the future, robots might represent you in contracts, whether it is a lease with your landlord or the supply chain for your business.

Agrello is a blockchain-agnostic smart contract system. The founders contend it creates a simpler, better functioning smart contract than other such platforms by putting the contract in ‘plain English’.

“We use blockchain to create smart contracts that actually act as contracts,” Agrello CEO and co-founder Hando Rand says. “They are signed obligations to be performed in line with the contract execution data registered in the blockchain, and transferable by the blockchain for evidence. This minimizes the amount of trust needed.”

Agrello Chief Scientist Alex Norta, with over fifteen years experience investigating academically what would ultimately come to be called ‘smart contracts’, explains further.

“We have many domains in our society, ever more complex, where the need for information and value transfer logistics is important,” Mr. Norta elucidates. “So, currently, that involves many people, and lots of bureaucracy. It’s slow, takes time, and there is lots of paperwork involved with such legacy systems. It is now feasible to automate this, and do so in a well-distributed manner with the blockchain, which serves as a trust-machine in the middle.”

Agrello, whose white paper is forthcoming, believes the combination of AI and blockchain is the solution to such complex problems. “By bringing in agents on top of smart contracts, you achieve information and value transfer logistic automation and currency,” says Mr. Norta. “And the system can take into consideration forthcoming holiday systems to predict bottlenecks and on and on.”

If you have several parties working towards a particular goal, they coordinate with each other by exchanging information. “And this involves not only information, but payment transactions or transactions that transfer, say, smart key access,” Mr. Norta comments. “So, you can access an apartment or building in a process intermediated by blockchain technology.”

This can become a very time consuming endeavor, according to Mr. Norta. “Especially, if you have to determine how you receive and send the right type of information, at the right time, from the right source, and to the right destination,” he says. “Today, there are office workers who do that.” According to advocates of the technology inspired by bitcoin, this can be automated thanks to blockchain.

“If a hospital wants to have a full, singular operational solution for all of its processes, with services, software, updates, training installation and upgrades,” Mr. Norta describes, “you obviously have enormous amounts of information involved. As well as many people from different organizations. In this scenario, you have to bring heaps of information together for a governing contract. And in the end? It’s a PDF.” Mr. Norta finds something more to be desired to account for such complex relationships.

This contract then gets signed, enforced and, in Mr. Norta’s thought-experiment hospital, the system is set up.

“The service contract will last for many many years, but then once this contract is running after the setup, you constantly have to check the deadline for the next upgrade,” Mr. Norta elaborates. “‘When is the next deadline for the next check? Do we have the right people in place?’” But, the responsibilities in overseeing such a system don’t end there.

“There is also life-cycle management,” Mr. Norta adds. “When you bring people or agents together, they collaborate. There is some notion of mutual trust involved in this collaboration. As collaboration unfolds, if some violation happens, this life-cycle management must have systems in place to manage the relationships.

The questions that come up, according to Mr. Norta, are: “What happens to malevolent agents? How is such an agent treated? Is it eliminated and replaced?”

The implications are far-reaching, from e-healthcare to e-governance. “We have many complex, highly distributed systems and spend a great deal of energy as a society on information and value transfer,” says Mr. Norta. “It’s costly, time-consuming and we can automate that now.”

This is what Agrello plans to do by adding AI and agent technology on top of smart contacts. “The smart contracts themselves are not all that in-and-of themselves aware,” elucidates Mr. Norta. “Until you bring agents into the pictures to enhance the performance of value transfer logistics.”

Agrello is aiming for that with four use-cases: employment, long term residential real estate rent, commercial real estate and loan agreements.

“We are working on setting up and running a complex computing system for municipalities, as well as the process of setting up a contract involving multiple parties and terminating it,” says Mr. Norta. “Today, this is still paper-based, time-consuming and expensive. But, we can cut the costs.”

This is a pretty cool article. Is Mr. Norta around to answer some questions?

Sure!  Just stop by our Slack sometime and ask away.

https://agrello-slack.herokuapp.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eroscoin

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 07:37:34 AM

Its P2P transaction right ?
What will you provide to user that can user make transaction reliably ?
TrueStory

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 06:09:44 PM

“There is also life-cycle management,” Mr. Norta adds. “When you bring people or agents together, they collaborate. There is some notion of mutual trust involved in this collaboration. As collaboration unfolds, if some violation happens, this life-cycle management must have systems in place to manage the relationships.

The questions that come up, according to Mr. Norta, are: “What happens to malevolent agents? How is such an agent treated? Is it eliminated and replaced?”

The implications are far-reaching, from e-healthcare to e-governance. “We have many complex, highly distributed systems and spend a great deal of energy as a society on information and value transfer,” says Mr. Norta. “It’s costly, time-consuming and we can automate that now.”

This is what Agrello plans to do by adding AI and agent technology on top of smart contacts. “The smart contracts themselves are not all that in-and-of themselves aware,” elucidates Mr. Norta. “Until you bring agents into the pictures to enhance the performance of value transfer logistics.”

Agrello is aiming for that with four use-cases: employment, long term residential real estate rent, commercial real estate and loan agreements.

I'm really glad I saw this, I wasn't sure what kind of applications would work, and where the focus would be.

I think this is a gold mine, just taking these easy use cases.

My few BTC are set aside for this ico.

RavenBitcoins

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 06:36:04 PM

I'm really glad I saw this, I wasn't sure what kind of applications would work, and where the focus would be.

I agree there are many very practical use cases this can be used for. I am very excited for this project. When is the Whitepaper being published?

RandH

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 07:06:01 PM

I agree there are many very practical use cases this can be used for. I am very excited for this project. When is the Whitepaper being published?

The whitepaper is having finishing touches to be released very soon together with a brand new website. The team is working very hard. The product development is also in process.

After the release of the whitepaper you can expect a big update with deeper details on the software engineering side.
RavenBitcoins

Activity: 95

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 08:30:36 PM

The new OP looks great. Nice work guys.

Altty

Activity: 72

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:31:58 PM

Legaltech Startup Agrello Switches Development from Qtum to Ethereum Blockchain

Good choice Agrello team. Ethereum is the clear winner at the moment.
Agrello (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 07:10:57 PM

Latest blog post:

Agrello homesteads on Ethereum, but remains compatible with other ecosystems

https://blog.agrello.org/agrello-homesteads-on-ethereum-but-remains-compatible-with-other-ecosystems-6669e0b572f0

Since we founded Agrello in 2016, we understood that in order to lead towards fast and massive adoption of our technology in established legal environments, the Agrello system had to be easy to use and compatible with existing workflows. As a result we invested considerable efforts to keep our product as blockchain agnostic as possible — leaving infrastructural choices in the hands of the end user, while allowing the implementation of Agrello on multiple public and private Turing-complete blockchains.

Agrello (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 07:16:50 PM

Recently updated OP

AGRELLO

Realizing the Vision of Legally-Binding Smart Contracts on the Blockchain

_______________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________

Your agreement is then automatically translated to smart-contract code
and stored on the blockchain, with payments, obligations and rights triggered
automatically according to the contracts terms and user input. In parallel, a legally
binding document is created, written in natural legal English, and signed off digitally.
This Document can, in corner cases, be presented to court if traditional legal action
is needed. All Agrello agreements are immutable, yet open to adjustment and future
renegotiation.

At any stage you remain in control of your privileges and duties, able to
wave and manage them according to the potential benefits and consequences, as
presented to you by your AI counselor. This way, simple p2p agreements, as well as
complex, multi-party business processes can be automated and orchestrated at a
fraction of the standard legal and operational costs.

Freelancers, contractors, and small business owners can formalize long
and short term business relations without having to carry legal expenses.
All payments and obligations are triggered automatically on the blockchain, while
agreements remain open to future re-negotiation. Involvement of legal personnel
and courts is reduced to an absolute minimum if not completely obviated.

Automate and orchestrate global and complex Just-In-Time production
flows, streamline HR allocation and salary negotiation, use code based agreements
to automate cost/benefit calculations, rationalize and reallocate automatically while
considerably reducing administerial and bookkeeping expenses.

https://www.ethnews.com/ai-to-replace-lawyers-and-programmers
http://www.coinspeaker.com/2017/06/08/legaltech-startup-agrello-develop-ethereum-announces-compatibility-additional-blockchain-environments/
http://www.econotimes.com/Agrello-selects-Ethereum-blockchain-for-distributed-legal-system-platform-745520
http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/06/08/agrello-chooses-ethereum-prototype-tokensale/
https://www.cryptoninjas.net/2017/06/08/legal-startup-agrello-develop-ethereum-compatibility-additional-blockchains/

More information will be posted soon

scambust
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:02:28 PM

Agrello seems definitely interesting. I'll readthe whitepaper later on.

Axy

Activity: 811
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 07:30:18 AM

Why are you doing this?
FCT has already done this https://uk.news.yahoo.com/factom-inks-another-deal-china-053310625.html
Altty

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 07:53:26 AM

Agrello Announces Its Distributed Platform Will Operate On The Ethereum Blockchain
[/b]

Very cool news team! Ethereum is the most stable platform for sure.
inck

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 07:56:57 AM

Interesting use case but I'm doubtful if that will work across the world due to the different legal enactments.
Abyss_X

Activity: 113

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 09:28:08 AM

Quote from: Abyss_X on June 03, 2017, 05:30:49 PM
Just one question at this time,

Addi Rull | Sales & Development
Teddi Rull | Sales & development
Gargus Poola | Finance & Development

Are they sales/finance guys or developer, in my experience both together did not work.

regards

The problem might be from the different uses of "developer".

Do you mean programming?

Yes a developer in the cc world is in the most cases a programmer.

regards

Yes, I thought that would be your perception.

No, they are not programmers, they are international attorneys.

They will work to develop/support the Agrello product in the areas of their specialties.

In this project, there's a lot more than just code that will make the final result!

OK, thanks for the information. So which guy of your team is the developer or in other words the coder?

regards

one.CAG

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 07:48:36 PM

Why are you doing this?
FCT has already done this https://uk.news.yahoo.com/factom-inks-another-deal-china-053310625.html

LOL!  Why are you posting a comment here?  Others already have done that..

The article talks about 100 locations in China - like pizza restaurants or gas stations, each serving a portion of the population around them.

Making contracts between people or businesses is no different - there will be millions of customers being serviced by thousands of companies using various protocol/platforms like Agrello or Factom, all around the world!

Get ready for a big wave of changes!

Altty

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 08:18:06 PM

Why are you doing this?

LOL!  Why are you posting a comment here?  Others already have done that..

The article talks about 100 locations in China - like pizza restaurants or gas stations, each serving a portion of the population around them.

Making contracts between people or businesses is no different - there will be millions of customers being serviced by thousands of companies using various protocol/platforms like Agrello or Factom, all around the world!

Get ready for a big wave of changes!

I did not see the relevance of the post either. Agrello and Factom are great projects and teams.
Sixty-Miner

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:30:41 PM

Interesting use case but I'm doubtful if that will work across the world due to the different legal enactments.

Like what kind of laws are you saying would act against legal contracts??

The whole point is to use the correct terms that will make them actual legal contracts to begin with!

Undecided

RandH

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:01:41 AM

Quote from: Abyss_X on June 03, 2017, 05:30:49 PM
Just one question at this time,

Addi Rull | Sales & Development
Teddi Rull | Sales & development
Gargus Poola | Finance & Development

Are they sales/finance guys or developer, in my experience both together did not work.

regards

The problem might be from the different uses of "developer".

Do you mean programming?

Yes a developer in the cc world is in the most cases a programmer.

regards

Yes, I thought that would be your perception.

No, they are not programmers, they are international attorneys.

They will work to develop/support the Agrello product in the areas of their specialties.

In this project, there's a lot more than just code that will make the final result!

OK, thanks for the information. So which guy of your team is the developer or in other words the coder?

regards

Anton Vedeshin is a successful and experienced CTO and entrepreneur. He is our main coder and implementation architect,  leading a diverse team of other developers.
inck

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 02:29:48 PM

Like what kind of laws are you saying would act against legal contracts??

The whole point is to use the correct terms that will make them actual legal contracts to begin with!

Undecided

I'm not a lawyer but in order to form binding legal contracts a lot of paperwork in written form has to be done. Written form can be paper or a mail. I find it hard to imagine right now that a smart contract will be accepted as written form in court. At least not now, maybe in five to ten years.
Agrello (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 10:06:45 PM

Agrello News

Blog post Update
https://blog.agrello.org/blockchain-expo-europe-recap-1003bc92e59e

Audio of Agrello presentation in Berlin, Blockchain Expo 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-MLFAG5foQ

Slide deck from presentation
https://www.slideshare.net/HandoRand/agrello-presentation-for-blockchain-expo-berlin-2017

Coming soon:

Whitepaper
Token sale date

Join our Slack:
https://agrello-slack.herokuapp.com/

Visit our Telegram:
https://t.me/agrello

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: