Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:53:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: *update client [ANN] BitBar New POW-POS scrypt CryptoCoin  (Read 60288 times)
Dervana

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:00:21 PM

What's the current diff? I am seeing 19k+ on cgminer?? That can't be right.

Nope, 20k  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tobius

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:00:51 PM

this is indeed the RAREST crypto coin in the WORLD.

Good thing? Bad thing? Who knows. All I know is it seems that this is slightly impossible XD
balu

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:01:38 PM

How does proof of stake work actually?
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 09:02:15 PM

GPUs are not out of work though! Merged mine! The Bitcoins pay for the electricity, and unless your electricity is particularly expensive where you are they also provide profit.

Then you basically get all seven or eight or however many it is types of merged mined coins for free.

The sites that claim to show you "profitability" only show the coins lots and lots of people are merged-mining, thus the ones you'll get the lowest numbers of. What they aren't showing you is how many of all the others you get with only a few CPU miners to compete against...

My tables-and-plots scripts put up a "latest rates" list as well as all the tables and plots, so for a quick run-down you can just grab

http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/latestrates.inc

It is in a form suitable for use as an include file in shell scripts.

You can tell which asset the others are priced in terms of by looking which one is shown as rate of 1.00000000

You can convert the rates into being based on any of the others simply by dividing by the rate given for the one you want to list all the others in terms of.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
rbdrbd

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:08:28 PM

I pulled my miners off (22,000 KH). Hopefully this will give others more of a chance to find a block.

I was finding one block about every minute up until I pulled them back to feathercoin...at around .3 bit bars now each block.
ThingNL

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:11:14 PM

Anyone wanna share how to mine this stuff....?
Hardly worth the efforts, but you never know.  

Open your wallet app to start blockchain dl, then go to appdata directory (just hit start and type %appdata% and press enter), create file bitbar.conf with this info:

Code:
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=9344
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0

block_nTime=1317972665
block_nNonce=2084524493

then point your miner to 127.0.0.1:9344 assuming you are soloing on just that box.  The rest is normal scrypt mining, look into LTC mining.

Thanks.... I was halfway there.... Its running now.... see what happens...
ElBurro

Activity: 101

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:31:28 PM

Yes, and no one will mine it in few days because there won't be any block rewards nor transactions fees since one can send BTB without any transaction fees.

Cryptocoin Comedy Central  Grin

Or increased demand will make it profitable to continue to mine. It certainly has happened before and the miners will be laughing all the way to the bank.
Mushoz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 09:40:34 PM

Right, I'm sure 0.00000001 BTB as block reward and 0.00000000 BTB as transaction fees will cover mining costs. Grin

Does the reward decrease to zero? Can anyone graph the reward per block?

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
datguyian

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:42:55 PM

The difficulty is climbing insanely fast... Started not even an hour ago with 26k difficulty, now it's almost at 29k (cgminer numbers, not sure what that translates to).

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
baka

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:45:36 PM

The difficulty is climbing insanely fast... Started not even an hour ago with 26k difficulty, now it's almost at 29k (cgminer numbers, not sure what that translates to).
it's 0.026 litecoin equivalent. anyone getting any? haven't found shit in over 2 hours, is 370kh/s too low for this diff?

ShareCoin Free and Fair Distribution. Sc8XY5PmHK1NJ2DNvJhS82AQVFwMGimX8w
xorxor (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:46:04 PM

Right, I'm sure 0.00000001 BTB as block reward and 0.00000000 BTB as transaction fees will cover mining costs. Grin

reward is like NVC. it will rise again, if difficulty drops. reward is function of difficulty, not time.
according to balthazar:

reward = 100 / (diff ^ 1/6) for novacoin ,

so here in BTB  it should be:

reward = 1 / (diff ^ 1/6) .

fuck deeponion, fuck bitcoincash, all glory to one BITCOIN
Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 09:47:13 PM

reward is like NVC. it will rise again, if difficulty drops. reward is function of difficulty, not time.
according to balthazar:

Makes sense, thanks for the explanation!

kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:47:25 PM

according to balthazar:

So BTB should roughly be valued at 100x of NVC? which makes the fair value 3 BTC per 1 BTB?

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 09:49:27 PM

according to balthazar:

So BTB should roughly be valued at 100x of NVC? which makes the fair value 3 BTC per 1 BTB?

In a perfect scenario, I guess so. But there are way too many variables to make such an extrapolation.

kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:51:31 PM

according to balthazar:

In a perfect scenario, I guess so. But there are way too many variables to make such an extrapolation.

If anything, BTB should be valued more, since this is a no pre-mine version of NVC.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 09:53:06 PM

according to balthazar:

If anything, BTB should be valued more, since this is a no pre-mine version of NVC.

That makes sense. But I think the low reward is going to give some troubles. I think people will find it hard to grasp why such a new coin can be worth more than a bitcoin, which has been around for so long.

mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:56:10 PM

according to balthazar:

That makes sense. But I think the low reward is going to give some troubles. I think people will find it hard to grasp why such a new coin can be worth more than a bitcoin, which has been around for so long.

The coin value is determined purely by demand and supply.
datguyian

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:56:34 PM

according to balthazar:

I actually kind of like the concept of this, but I agree with you. If it does do that, I think it would take quite awhile. But I guess you also never know...

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
ElBurro

Activity: 101

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 10:08:54 PM

according to balthazar:

So the coin is designed to be mined short periods of time, until the difficulty increases to unreasonable levels? I saw this happen to NVC last week; miners rush to cash in on high profitability, then the hash rate tanks for some time while the diff adjusts.
Twerka

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 10:22:49 PM

Is there any indication on the client running on "server mode"?
I think I'm mining air.

The worst enemy of Bitcoin is Mt.Gox exchange.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: