Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:15:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: *update client [ANN] BitBar New POW-POS scrypt CryptoCoin  (Read 60288 times)
rbdrbd

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 01:05:46 PM

Bin solo mining this now with 1600khash for about 15 hours blocks found but not a single share ??

Pooled mining would probably be better for you. Did you try joining the pool over at http://btb.binarycoins.eu/ ?
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 01:09:42 PM

This was the first official "Junk Coin", followed by the second official aptly named "Junk Coin".

Created by two abandoned projects, abandon this one now.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 01:15:25 PM

This was the first official "Junk Coin", followed by the second official aptly named "Junk Coin".

You are a newbie, so you must be right.
rbdrbd

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 01:17:58 PM

I think it has a lot more to offer, from a technical, and possibly marketing direction over a coin like ChinaCoin and FeatherCoin (I own both and I'm saying that).

I do like the bar concept, and it takes a different approach over just taking something like litecoin and pumping up the block reward by 4x. Plus it has PoS, dynamically adjusting difficulty and wasn't premined like NovaCoin was supposedly.

Definitely a novel 'coin' in my book.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 01:25:50 PM

I think it has a lot more to offer, from a technical, and possibly marketing direction over a coin like ChinaCoin and FeatherCoin (I own both and I'm saying that).

I do like the bar concept, and it takes a different approach over just taking something like litecoin and pumping up the block reward by 4x. Plus it has PoS, dynamically adjusting difficulty and wasn't premined like NovaCoin was supposedly.

I agree. It has the 'bar' idea behind it, meaning they are super rare. That alone is a new twist. Then you have the fact it is based on Novacoin but doesn't have the premine.

People can't complain about millions of coins being created either, there's only 2500 bars or soo and only 100 bars being made a day.

At the very least it's going to be an interesting economics experiment.
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 01:27:59 PM

Not bad, I hadn't seen actual innovation in an AltCoin in a long while.
rbdrbd

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 01:47:37 PM

Right, it has nothing to do with you mining 93 BTB in like 30 minutes due to extreme low starting difficulty.

And I'm sure I could cash out for just as many bitcoins right now and be done with it, but I think this coin has some real merit behind it. I just stated what I had (which was stupid, in retrospect).

I think the low diff has more to do with them not releasing a pool for it at the start (people having to figure out solomining...I had to figure out how to set up a pushpool...took me an hour or two). That's the weak point of the release IMO... was kind of just like "here's a client, figure it out" ....whereas the feathercoin release for instance had a few pools up at the time of release.
mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 01:49:11 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2013, 02:35:00 PM by mr_random

Right, it has nothing to do with you mining 93 BTB in like 30 minutes due to extreme low starting difficulty.

Feathercoin started with extremely low difficulty too. Did you know that? 3 million were produced in the first day alone.
SRoulette

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 01:55:02 PM

I would call this a tweaked NVC and a far cry from innovation.

Honestly the low reward coupled with the apparently epic premine sets the initial miners to reap one hell of a reward should any trading on this coin commence.
There is a valuable lesson here for the next altcoin of the hour, set your difficulty high from the start. If the coin is truly innovative people will happily mine despite initial high difficulty to get a stake in it.

mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 01:57:24 PM

I would call this a tweaked NVC and a far cry from innovation.

Honestly the low reward coupled with the apparently epic premine sets the initial miners to reap one hell of a reward should any trading on this coin commence.
There is a valuable lesson here for the next altcoin of the hour, set your difficulty high from the start. If the coin is truly innovative people will happily mine despite initial high difficulty to get a stake in it.

It was no different to Feathercoin. See my above post.

What was Chinacoin like for difficulty on it's launch day? I missed that one.
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 02:14:03 PM

Know of any other coins than PPC that use POS + Scrypt ?

I know of only one other but it's not released yet.

PPC = Fix the long term reward / fee problem.
LTC = Temporally protected from a 51% attack from ASICs, (Bitcoin will be somewhat protected soon)
SRoulette

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 02:32:57 PM

Know of any other coins than PPC that use POS + Scrypt ?

Yes, its called Novacoin.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:37:57 PM

I agree, I don't see what the big whoop is. This coin is hardly innovative- if you can call it that.

I'm still waiting on an actual improvement to the currencies we already have- all these new coins are copy cats or pump and dumps.

When something truly innovative comes out, I will throw my full support behind it, but this is not it.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:41:05 PM

You are attempting to justify BTB unfair launch with "others did it as well" but you are continually failing to realise you and few others here are actualy major supporters of the scam.

If I'm moderator here, any threads about altcoins launched the same way as all newer altcoins and all people like you would be banned permanently.

I know right..

Most of these new guys don't realize they are partaking in pump and dump scams by talking up all these copy cat coins and convincing people to buy them. "It's a free market!" Lol- You and I have been around long enough to know that 9/10 of these coins will be worthless in a year. I feel sorry for anyone who dumps a large portion of their life savings into all these new scam coins.

reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

From my point of view any coin now except BTC is scam, but market in time will decide what is what

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:46:53 PM

Feathercoin is a complete Litecoin clone and started with extremely low difficulty and 3 million were mined on the first day. Didn't stop it being successful. You use terms like pump and dump when Feathercoin came out, it's worth 50 cents now, why isn't it being dumped?

Don't know about Chinacoin but that seems similar too.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:48:32 PM

Don't be a fool - those guys are fully aware of what they are doing and what is the deal about.

I like to think they are new and inexperienced. However, if that is not the case... they are scumbags for sure.

I guess time will tell, the ones that keep talking up every new crap coin.. it will be obvious to tell who knows what they're doing sooner or later.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:51:33 PM

Feathercoin is a complete Litecoin clone and started with extremely low difficulty and 3 million were mined on the first day. Didn't stop it being successful. You use terms like pump and dump when Feathercoin came out, it's worth 50 cents now, why isn't it being dumped?

Don't know about Chinacoin but that seems similar too.

Lol.. you can't call a coin successful after 2 weeks of its inception. Get back to me in 2 years when Feathercoin/Chinacoin is worthless.

Probably the dumpers are waiting to fleece you noobs for more money? If you guys keep buying up the price, they make more money when they dump.  Smiley
mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:55:39 PM

Feathercoin is a complete Litecoin clone and started with extremely low difficulty and 3 million were mined on the first day. Didn't stop it being successful.

You already forgot that you were the one who started massive promotion for FTC with buying 100k of them for LTC?

Massive promotion? There was like 100 topics about Feathercoin being created a day by different people when Feathercoin launched, everyone knows that. I didn't buy any until the third day and my topic I created certainly wasn't the first to buy 100k of them, others had created similar topics before me.

I've pretty much destroyed every one of your arguments so far but keep going.
tal

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:59:26 PM

How much is the BTB reward by block now?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: