Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:25:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall of Fame: Quotes of Bold Predictions  (Read 7490 times)
calian

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 01:08:06 AM

Well I live a very frugal lifestyle so lets say I could theoretically, hypothetically pull together around 60k USD without touching my retirement plan and that I had already diversified to Silver but not gold? How much of my assets would you pool into Bitcoins assuming you were my consultant  Wink

All of it. Upside is 1,000,000% and downside 100% (and even that is theoretical), and you are frugal and can easily make back the money.

Do every day the following: invest 20% of the remaining to bitcoin. When you start to feel queasy, don't invest (but continue asking yourself every day Wink After 7 days of not investing, don't invest the rest.

I'll try ignore the voice in my head screaming 'Ponzi scheme!', 'He will only benefit from this! Increases his net worth!' but duly noted. Maybe I'll buy 100 BTC, store them in a paper wallet and see what happens in a year. Thanks for your time, welcome back to the forum and I hope the meds help you keep your cool!

I think you have picked around the right amount depending on your near and long-term goals. However you need to space the dollar cost averaging out a lot more than every day. I wouldn't want to put more than 10-20% of my investment in during a single month right now. We could be basing for a rally or we could still be winding down from the last ramp. Realistically it might be 2017 or 2021 before we see a significant upswing again. Pick a strategy that enables you to feel confident enough to hang on through market chaos. I'd recommend avoiding ever being 100% in or out at any time. And just as you never want to spend the last of your cash, don't ever sell your last bitcoin either. These are just general guidelines, feel free to adapt them to your psychology and goals.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:58:26 AM

Well I live a very frugal lifestyle so lets say I could theoretically, hypothetically pull together around 60k USD without touching my retirement plan and that I had already diversified to Silver but not gold? How much of my assets would you pool into Bitcoins assuming you were my consultant  Wink

All of it. Upside is 1,000,000% and downside 100% (and even that is theoretical), and you are frugal and can easily make back the money.

Do every day the following: invest 20% of the remaining to bitcoin. When you start to feel queasy, don't invest (but continue asking yourself every day Wink After 7 days of not investing, don't invest the rest.

I'll try ignore the voice in my head screaming 'Ponzi scheme!', 'He will only benefit from this! Increases his net worth!' but duly noted. Maybe I'll buy 100 BTC, store them in a paper wallet and see what happens in a year. Thanks for your time, welcome back to the forum and I hope the meds help you keep your cool!

I think you have picked around the right amount depending on your near and long-term goals. However you need to space the dollar cost averaging out a lot more than every day. I wouldn't want to put more than 10-20% of my investment in during a single month right now. We could be basing for a rally or we could still be winding down from the last ramp. Realistically it might be 2017 or 2021 before we see a significant upswing again. Pick a strategy that enables you to feel confident enough to hang on through market chaos. I'd recommend avoiding ever being 100% in or out at any time. And just as you never want to spend the last of your cash, don't ever sell your last bitcoin either. These are just general guidelines, feel free to adapt them to your psychology and goals.

No. Mobile phone. Localbitcoins. It happens now, or latest 2013-2014.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
semaforo

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 10:10:07 AM

No. Mobile phone. Localbitcoins. It happens now, or latest 2013-2014.

Ponzi schemes usually have a pay out. This is a case of humanity waking up to the fact that each and every one of us determines the value of every commodity, and that we don't need central banks to set interest rates for us. If you want to avoid ponzi schemes, make sure not to pay anything into social security.
randrace (OP)

Activity: 329

LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 05:25:24 PM

I received permission from the author to post this PM. After rubbing a recent ≈20% drop in my face, he drops a BP: Double Digits next week!

Note to future readers: After a slight bump up, price drops ≈7% less than 24 hours since his prediction. Current Price: 101

Thanks for helping me picture your face last weekend.

MtGox is looking overbought. My call is price will go down and make a lower low, that is, go under $105.

By the way, order book is not looking much better as I write. Double digits within next 7 days.
XXthetimeisnowXX

Activity: 252

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:14:45 AM

yep hit 90 there for a while, whoever said double digits won that one or if you have bitcoins...we all lost.  but its sparking back up. why doesnt it shoot back up like the good ol days. why the swing? stock market is doing fine and bitcoin sometimes follows that a bit so whats the hold up? ya we say it jump ten in 24h but now sliding again. i thought we would see it be well above 200 by about this time.... end of June so what the hell is the hold up. 
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 04:29:29 PM

yep hit 90 there for a while, whoever said double digits won that one or if you have bitcoins...we all lost.  but its sparking back up. why doesnt it shoot back up like the good ol days. why the swing? stock market is doing fine and bitcoin sometimes follows that a bit so whats the hold up? ya we say it jump ten in 24h but now sliding again. i thought we would see it be well above 200 by about this time.... end of June so what the hell is the hold up. 

LOL

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 10:30:39 AM

[...]

more speculative propaganda. the price is low because the influx of regulations that just happened to coincide with the problems at mt gox, coupled with the uncertainty of the winklevoss IPO bullshit. a few weeks from now the price will be back up and all the gullible suckers you conned into selling at the current low price will be kicking theirselves for being so naive, while you count your stacks of crisply minted usd as you cash those wire transfers from campbx.

One of many similar responses to one of many similar posts by Rampion these days (in which he predicts we'll continue to go down hard). Time will tell, eh?

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 10:32:44 AM

I have a bold prediction.

We will not see 1 btc for $70 again.

I can out bold that.

We will not see 1 btc for $71.01 again.

Oooops. Wink

randrace (OP)

Activity: 329

LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 04:00:03 PM

This isn't necessarily bold. But I'm sticking this here to look at in August 2014. I too dream of a world of $300 bitcoins and Mt. Gox overshadowed by an efficient competitor. For reference, price has been relatively stagnant; between 103-106 for weeks.

So how do you interpret that? Other than mtgox becoming filthy rich?

Is anyone else still hoping Mt. Gox get's replaced one day?
At any rate I think by this time next year we will have seen prices well over $300 and holding.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 04:23:23 PM

[...]

more speculative propaganda. the price is low because the influx of regulations that just happened to coincide with the problems at mt gox, coupled with the uncertainty of the winklevoss IPO bullshit. a few weeks from now the price will be back up and all the gullible suckers you conned into selling at the current low price will be kicking theirselves for being so naive, while you count your stacks of crisply minted usd as you cash those wire transfers from campbx.

One of many similar responses to one of many similar posts by Rampion these days (in which he predicts we'll continue to go down hard). Time will tell, eh?

Huh. The above was the previous time this thread was updated with a new quote, by myself.

While we're now at a turning point again I believe, at least from the perspective of  back then, the prediction I quoted was relatively accurate: a few days later the July trend started that took us from below 70 to above 100.

So, r3wt, whereever you are: you were right Cheesy

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 09:50:25 PM

We will strike the $35 mark by the August (8/1/2013). That is my prediction. I have a $1000 vs 10 BTC bet wagered against someone on it Smiley

I reiterate: 300-350 by August, or at least this target ill be reached by then.

Two bold predictions for the wall of shame. Smiley

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: