Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:04:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Small fortune, now which country ?  (Read 9120 times)
prieaji

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 05:38:08 AM

All the major concerns if you want, stay in a shopping country that is monopolized with the best life experience with peace. If you want to make a living in Asian countries, then try to find a place in Brunei place.
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 06:02:50 AM

I would recommend go around some specific countries in europe and other region where bitcoin is accepted and stay in rented property . Once you finish with your check list then you can decide . Own decision gives more peace if your finding real peaceful life
klm

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 06:28:11 AM

Guys, i made a small fortune in altcoin/bitcoin. In which country should i settle ?
I have no wife, no kids, just a girlfriend, i´m free to go wherever i want (she´ll go with me).
But it has to be a bitcoin-friendly country.
I have no intention to buy lambos, just a peaceful life.
Thanks.

Oh, and my age is 53, that makes a difference too.

Depend on the quantity of your small fortune, Spain is a good option. You can buy a good house close to the beach and Barcelona city a good prices and if you have possibilites buy a small flat to rent (the prices are increasing so much, you can have a good extra-salary with the rent in future).

And if you continuos increasing your fortune allways can go to Andorra (less 3 hours from Barcelona) and save your money in this country (the taxes are cheaper).

Other important think with your age it's the public health is free in Spain or really cheap.
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 06:44:47 AM

Guys, i made a small fortune in altcoin/bitcoin. In which country should i settle ?
I have no wife, no kids, just a girlfriend, i´m free to go wherever i want (she´ll go with me).
Thanks.

I heard that switzerland has become a bitcoin friendly country.So you could settle there as its full of tourist spots.Or else,you could try an european country which provides tax exemption for bitcoins.

megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 02:10:48 PM

I would recommend go around some specific countries in europe and other region where bitcoin is accepted and stay in rented property . Once you finish with your check list then you can decide . Own decision gives more peace if your finding real peaceful life

Well from the look of things it seems he's looking for a specific place to settle and not necessarily moving around like you've suggested so I will suggest he move to settle in a Bitcoin friendly country and I think we have majority of them in Europe or he can choose to move to Japan or North America.
malami

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 02:14:26 PM

Thanks.

I heard that switzerland has become a bitcoin friendly country.So you could settle there as its full of tourist spots.Or else,you could try an european country which provides tax exemption for bitcoins.

Thats a good option if the fortune is enough to retire on in a rich country because Switzerland is an extremely expensive place to live in plus you need several millions to get a permanent visa there as an investor. In reality its much easier to get long term visas in poorer countries than it is rich ones plus its much cheaper to get by in those countries. I would suggeset SE Asia like Thailand or the Philippines because at the end of the day its easy to cash out of bitcoin regardless of where you live in the world.

▬▬▬▬ Lendoit ▮ P2P Cross Border Lending ▮ Lendoit ▬▬▬▬
All You Need Is Loan ▰▰ Revolutionizing the Lending Industry
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬[TGE on December 2017]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TheCoinGrabber

Activity: 994
Merit: 302

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:33:12 PM

Thank you all, there are many good suggestions in this thread.
But i realize, i asked an impossible question, without listing all my exact priorities, as everybody looks for very different things in a country.
I got nearly every country around the world suggested, except the north- and southpole  Smiley
One thing is for sure, no more freezing, i need sun !

What about Spitzbergen then?

And no, it is not in Switzerland (and neither is it in Sweden). If you need sun, you may literally get it all day long and even at night (though I'm not sure about no more freezing). Tourism (should I add an extreme variety thereof?) seems to be one their main industries, so it should be pretty cheap. And they have what's called the Global Seed Vault which is a seed bank to store plant seeds for a rainy day. You may want to visit it as well

I went back to check if anyone replied to my message and I cracked up when I saw this. It's probably not his idea of "sun".  Grin

It would still be cool to see the Vault though, at least once. I suppose the aurora is also visible there.

Back to topic, maybe OP would consider the usual fare for expats moving out to the tropics, tax-havens in the Caribbean.
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 04:54:57 PM

Here in Cyprus is very nice. You can become a citizen with only buying a villa of 350k Euros. I will become a citizen as I am married to a Greek Lady but if you have your own home here it's a small paradise. I hope one day I will also make enough to provide a home for my Wife.  Smiley Good luck and congratulations.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
tittensor

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:06:39 PM

Singapore is the best choice if you want to live comfortable, tax free and very friendly to the immigrants, but of course you have to have money for life, good security and stability, and lots of entertainment there
I agree into that because singapore is really a good country and safiest country to live in less crime and most of the citizens thier really followed thier law thats why it brings peace to there country.
Singapore is a best of country on the world's about safe and clean. If you have a opportunity can settled in Singapore, you is a lucky people because the environment and the people here are very good!
alexsamudra

Activity: 212

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:37:50 PM

May have to go so there is no tax collection on the property, so I have it forever and nothing has got me to take care of it again.
unisilver

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 06:14:07 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2017, 04:33:16 AM by unisilver

Thanks.

That's good to hear because switzerland is vey a progress country so once bitcoin their is implemented you can actually live there and focus on bitcoin. but bitcoin has no tax right? are there countries who has tax imposed on bitcoin?

Renji Abarai

Activity: 230

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 06:20:44 AM

I think a good choice is in ASEAN countries, it includes Singapore, Malaysia,Indonesia,Philippines , Thailand, Vietnam. Singapore is good but I think its quite expensive. Malaysia, is fine then.Thailand and Vietnam, I have not much idea. But for me what is left to choose is Indonesia and Philippines. Both countries are very active in cryptocurrencies / bitcoin.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ JOIN WHITELIST ]
▬        ICO  >  May 5th - June 4th        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
AtillaL

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 02:37:51 PM

Here in Cyprus is very nice. You can become a citizen with only buying a villa of 350k Euros. I will become a citizen as I am married to a Greek Lady but if you have your own home here it's a small paradise. I hope one day I will also make enough to provide a home for my Wife.  Smiley Good luck and congratulations.
And thinking that the Cypriot banks have helped btc going mainstream, it would get the circle complete  Roll Eyes
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:34:40 PM

Thanks.

Which one would that be?!
Once you convert BTC or any crypto fo FIAT you need to pay the TAX.

freigeist

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:37:30 PM

Singapore is the best choice if you want to live comfortable, tax free and very friendly to the immigrants, but of course you have to have money for life, good security and stability, and lots of entertainment there

What you mean by tax free?!
If you convert BTC or any other ctypto to FIAT you don't need to pay taxes there or what?!

jmigdlc1199

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:38:30 PM

if you have at least 1 million dollar, then you would most likely be able to move to a first-world high class traveller country like Spain, Italy and one of those styles of countries, if less then something like Thailand and Malaysia are options, Australia if you could is a great choice.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:45:00 PM

Maybe O/P should drop along some more hints that those of us responding could sink our teeth into...:

1)  How much traveling he's done?  And to where?
2)  More on his gf's ideas
3)  Languages he speaks (or his very willing to learn, not easy)
4)  Food likes/dislikes
5)  Cultural likes/dislikes
6)  Pet peeves (see changing money example of mine below)

I am in ITALY now.  The food is great, but no A/C in the hot summer (and there is a heat wave in N. Italy now, 98 degrees F (high) the past few days).

I had a LOT of trouble changing dollars for euros this morning (most banks will not), had to go to their POST OFFICE, take a number and wait...  I  been to Italy several times, but sometimes it takes a lot of time and energy to do simple things in the USA.
freigeist

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:46:04 PM

if you have at least 1 million dollar, then you would most likely be able to move to a first-world high class traveller country like Spain, Italy and one of those styles of countries, if less then something like Thailand and Malaysia are options, Australia if you could is a great choice.

Why would somebody like to move there they tax everything and the taxes are really high.
Higher the taxes smaller your freedom gets.

kamotharnn

Activity: 229

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:47:43 PM

If you convert BTC or any other ctypto to FIAT you don't need to pay taxes there or what?!

Well, that fee is very small and I do not think that it is an important issue. Moreover, you can use bitcoin for many purposes without converting it into fiat
freigeist

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:01:34 PM

Well, that fee is very small and I do not think that it is an important issue. Moreover, you can use bitcoin for many purposes without converting it into fiat

Lest suppose you want buy a house or condo in that country which i think it costs a lost because the space is limited there
you would for sure require minimum of 250K USD for a small condo.

That means you would have to convert your crypto to FIAT to be able to buy that flat.
So can you give an estimation how much tax would a foreign citizen pay there to convert that crypto to FIAT
and even if possible how this process would be done?!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: