Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:39:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Small fortune, now which country ?  (Read 9124 times)
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 05:41:59 AM

Find a tax haven like Singapore?
The problem with places like that is that most of the time are small islands so you will need to get used to hot weather and to big storms and also even though you may be tempted to live there because of the low or null income tax, the cost of living there can be quite high.
tosmartak

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 11:01:20 AM

Must have been a huge fortune. I will advise you move to South Korea. So far so good, this is the best bitcoin friendly country. Infact, there exchange rate is higher than the global world. Setup something for yourself, invest and not just rely on the value of bitcoin and live a good life. I am sure you will love it there. Japan is another good place. Nevertheless, if you just want to rely on what you have presently, like a retirement stuff, just move to an island and enjoy yourself till papa calls!
RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 11:45:00 AM

Guys, i made a small fortune in altcoin/bitcoin. In which country should i settle ?
I have no wife, no kids, just a girlfriend, i´m free to go wherever i want (she´ll go with me).
But it has to be a bitcoin-friendly country.
I have no intention to buy lambos, just a peaceful life.
Thanks.

Oh, and my age is 53, that makes a difference too.
You can set your peace life in Japan where it is a beautiful country and a lot of beautiful women too and i think you can find you potential wife there and it is also bitcoin friendly because there government already accept bitcoin for the stores there and also a lot shops there accepted bitcoin so it will be easy for you to settle your life there.

I have my potential wife already, thanks. But after Bhutan i´ll look into Japan as well, but learning japanese wasn´t really on (or Bhutanese) the top of my list !
But well, you have to adapt somehow  Smiley
You dont need to learn Bhutanese to live in Bhutan. Tourism is main industry of Bhutan and majority of the population can speak English pretty fluently.

It will be a lot of choice because there are many people here. But I believe that the place I am staying at this time is the best place. The best thing is to live in the country where you were born and also where your ancestors are. It's the hometown that always makes everyone want to come back. You do not need another place, you just have to stay where you are born.

Lol, i asked an impossible question. From spain, over canada, singapure, switzerland, philippines, belize, and what not, i got everything.
I guess, i´ll have to start up my own two synapses  Smiley
I guess, people can provide u better suggestion if u quantify your fortune in terms of BTC, provide your GF's age and let us know if u plan to have children or adopt at any point of time in future.

Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 09:24:31 AM

I will not give you a particular country for you to choose from but I can guide you to choose for a perfect country to choose. You need to choose a country base on your taste that is if you want some adventure, laws that govern that country, the nice places to go on an adventure and so on.
hurain

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 10:14:54 AM

I will not give you a particular country for you to choose from but I can guide you to choose for a perfect country to choose. You need to choose a country base on your taste that is if you want some adventure, laws that govern that country, the nice places to go on an adventure and so on.

that is very right. for example to visit, south Africa and have adventure in safari park. I think your fortune will be with you anywhere you go. you can only change it with hard work and struggle in some cases other wise what have written in your fortune will happen to you.
Yutikas_11920

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 10:45:08 AM

Must have been a huge fortune. I will advise you move to South Korea. So far so good, this is the best bitcoin friendly country. Infact, there exchange rate is higher than the global world. Setup something for yourself, invest and not just rely on the value of bitcoin and live a good life. I am sure you will love it there. Japan is another good place. Nevertheless, if you just want to rely on what you have presently, like a retirement stuff, just move to an island and enjoy yourself till papa calls!

Exactly once. in fact now there are some States that have a chance to make the bitcoin is larger and has a current turnover or Exchange is very high. One that could've ascertained is Japanese, in the country starting in the bitcoin believes. But indeed they all have limitations, so that its growth is not up at the point of maximum exposure and experience a good stability. But it all is not a problem, because we will certainly get a lot of benefit from it all

hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 11:08:29 AM

I would suggest come and visit my country Philippines. A nicest country, friendly, bitcoin lovers. More beautiful places to visits. But it depends on you which country you love to stay at. Before moving in search all details first of what suits you.
unisilver

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 11:46:18 AM

Philippines.

Get a beach house, or live in the city, or get a few acres of land ... Put a wall around it. Hire security or bodyguards.
When you have kids, hire a nanny for each. Send them to private schools.
Cash out in 2 or 3 major exchanges, or make it a daily routine to sell to locals.

But, don't do drugs.

A relatively large 3 to 5 bedroom, 2 or 3 car garage home, with a swimming pool, in a gated community will set you back about 10 to 20 million pesos, or 200k USD to 400k USD.

*edit* at 53, expect to live to maybe 83 ? so that's 30 years. You better have at least 1000 BTC (at today's prices) if you want to be comfortable without too much additional work. Get a token job for income tax purposes, but usually the government will leave you alone if you blend in.

That's 3 BTC per month for 30 years, more or less. Don't exceed that budget. You wouldn't unless you do something stupid. Just be smart about it. As a foreigner, you might spend more on local food (coconuts?) but just tip the waiters an extra 10~15% and you will get excellent service most of the time.

All gas stations are full-service, by the way. You can't gas the car yourself, they won't let you. Hire a chauffeur / driver for $300 USD per month. Double that amount if he acts as armed bodyguard.

im from philippines and i am glad that sir dabs have manage to endorse our country..
yes, philippines is a bitcoin friemdly country but when it comes to establishments that accepts bitcoin, i dont think we have that much. but i guess sooner or later we will have bunch of this though.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:02:59 PM

Previous Two posters... The OP has stated he does not want to live here. Perhaps he will take a vacation. But it is completely understandable if he does not even want to try; all sorts of bad things are happening here although he should be quite safe in the national capital region.

gtglener

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:15:39 PM

I will recommend to go to Japan because that country is the more bitcoin friendly country in that country it is also possible that the banks will also start to work for bitcoin so on every place you will easily use bitcoin.
I will also like to live in Japan because the state have legalized bitcoin and my all job is with bitcoin.
roastedparsnip

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:22:11 PM

Philippines.

Get a beach house, or live in the city, or get a few acres of land ... Put a wall around it. Hire security or bodyguards.
Cash out in 2 or 3 major exchanges, or make it a daily routine to sell to locals.

But, don't do drugs.

A relatively large 3 to 5 bedroom, 2 or 3 car garage home, with a swimming pool, in a gated community will set you back about 10 to 20 million pesos, or 200k USD to 400k USD.

*edit* at 53, expect to live to maybe 83 ? so that's 30 years. You better have at least 1000 BTC (at today's prices) if you want to be comfortable without too much additional work. Get a token job for income tax purposes, but usually the government will leave you alone if you blend in.

That's 3 BTC per month for 30 years, more or less. Don't exceed that budget. You wouldn't unless you do something stupid. Just be smart about it. As a foreigner, you might spend more on local food (coconuts?) but just tip the waiters an extra 10~15% and you will get excellent service most of the time.

All gas stations are full-service, by the way. You can't gas the car yourself, they won't let you. Hire a chauffeur / driver for $300 USD per month. Double that amount if he acts as armed bodyguard.

Guys, i made a small fortune in altcoin/bitcoin. In which country should i settle ?
I have no wife, no kids, just a girlfriend, i´m free to go wherever i want (she´ll go with me).
Thanks.

With respect, I don't think the Philippines is the most stable place right now with such an unpredictable leader.

I would suggest somewhere in Europe. Portugal, Italy or Spain. If you want to go off the beaten track then somewhere away from the big cities in Morocco would also be a good option. Beautiful weather, warm and friendly people and politically stable. Also some of the best hashish in the world  Grin

If you have the funds then you could always buy a place in southern Spain and another place in Morocco, then buy a boat so you can sail between the two places at your own leisure.
TheCoinGrabber

Activity: 994
Merit: 302

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:26:08 PM

Philippines.

But, don't do drugs.

Thanks.

Yes, all his bitcoins will go a long way here. He better choose the place he'll settle wisely though. No no for Mindanao, that's the worst place to settle if you look foreign. Many expats buy properties in the Visayas, it's their idea of island living. Still, this place has now started to become a target for Islamists. Northern Luzon is farther from all this mess but then you'd have to worry about the typhoons coming in.
Keihatsu

Activity: 224

crypto revolution

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:31:57 PM

www.ecocapsule.sk
or Wales is nice.

faith in authority is the enemy of the truth.
pfrtlpfmpf (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:40:44 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2017, 03:59:28 PM by pfrtlpfmpf

Thank you all, there are many good suggestions in this thread.
But i realize, i asked an impossible question, without listing all my exact priorities, as everybody looks for very different things in a country.
I got nearly every country around the world suggested, except the north- and southpole  Smiley
One thing is for sure, no more freezing, i need sun !

Soo, i´ll travel and search by myself, which in itself will be fun (but for sure, i won´t even try philippines, sorry . . . )

Thank you all.

Arindava

Activity: 361

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 05:05:59 PM

Japanese country became my main target, because start using bitcoin in japan so can settle in japan may be better Grin
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 05:33:54 PM

I'd too want a peaceful life if I had a respectable Bitcoin stash and I'm pretty sure where I'd live it. However my advice to you is check the Global Peace Index which is pretty much spot on this year.

Philippines was a big suggestion here as far as I could see, but being cheap isn't everything. I would too definitely cross off my list a country where you'd even have to consider a body guard if you have a big stash.

I'm pretty sure you could also live a peaceful life in remote parts or even in the "wilderness" of less safe countries, with the negative parts that those kinds of experiences entail.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 05:38:40 PM

Thank you all, there are many good suggestions in this thread.
But i realize, i asked an impossible question, without listing all my exact priorities, as everybody looks for very different things in a country.
I got nearly every country around the world suggested, except the north- and southpole  Smiley
One thing is for sure, no more freezing, i need sun !

What about Spitzbergen then?

And no, it is not in Switzerland (and neither is it in Sweden). If you need sun, you may literally get it all day long and even at night (though I'm not sure about no more freezing). Tourism (should I add an extreme variety thereof?) seems to be one their main industries, so it should be pretty cheap. And they have what's called the Global Seed Vault which is a seed bank to store plant seeds for a rainy day. You may want to visit it as well

TGJJ

Activity: 169

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 12:06:51 AM

Another vote for the Philippines.

Super friendly people, low cost, many English speakers. Awesome beaches and weather. Pro BTC too
mantra

Activity: 162

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:41:51 AM

Singapore is the best choice if you want to live comfortable, tax free and very friendly to the immigrants, but of course you have to have money for life, good security and stability, and lots of entertainment there
unisilver

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 03:12:21 AM

Singapore is the best choice if you want to live comfortable, tax free and very friendly to the immigrants, but of course you have to have money for life, good security and stability, and lots of entertainment there
I agree into that because singapore is really a good country and safiest country to live in less crime and most of the citizens thier really followed thier law thats why it brings peace to there country.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: