Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:10:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Turn $10,000 into 1 Million  (Read 68141 times)
PancherBitCoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 317

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:46:35 PM

I can imagine its a relief now that LTC is out of your portfolio. Looked at LTC for a possible future investment but was kinda unsure about it too (it already ballooned from barely $4 in the last 6 months). Do you consider DGB to be a long-term investment? Personally I plan to get rid of them as soon as they result in a measurable profit.

Latest graph of yours still show a solid trend (with 'usual' ups and downs) towards the threshold of 100K!
definitely need to pay attention to another currency, because you really do not earn anything if for such a long time the rate has increased by only $ 4 ..
HR (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:11:10 PM

I can imagine its a relief now that LTC is out of your portfolio. Looked at LTC for a possible future investment but was kinda unsure about it too (it already ballooned from barely $4 in the last 6 months). Do you consider DGB to be a long-term investment? Personally I plan to get rid of them as soon as they result in a measurable profit.

Latest graph of yours still show a solid trend (with 'usual' ups and downs) towards the threshold of 100K!

DGB is a long term long shot. At less than 3% portfolio percentage, it's there for a potential 100x. Every portfolio needs at least one. And who knows, crazier shit has happened. The founder is a well intentioned, totally dedicated chap. He might get lucky. He's listened to the community and implemented one of the better POW's in the business. Should he meet up with a big player, it really could be DGB to the moon. I'm laughing at myself, but I think it's true.

And PIVX looks like it' rolling over, and DGB turning up.  Grin

HR (OP)
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:38:10 PM

Having talked before about wanting to limit my overall SegWit / Lightening Network exposure to 25% or less, and considering that I have essentially put that into practice by keeping SYS as my main investment in that space, I thought I'd cross post this for what it's worth. The fact that it has other very interesting forward moving development in current deployment is one of the main reasons why I've chosen SYS to represent that part of the portfolio as those additional value added efforts mitigate the risks of a SegWit / Lightening Network failure for SYS - SYS won't die if SegWit / Lightening Network don't work out as we have been told they should.

It hard to believe the movement of the Syscoin's price. I think someone accumulates and try to hold coin's price at 4000 satoshi. Technic analysis and fundamental analysis is very good and powerful. Big expectations in October. I think a new all-time high is possible before the end of this year. Just need some more time before the big bullish rally.

I dipped even further to 3500. This must be a good buy at the moment, given all the upcoming news.... I'm buying more.

I don't. I finally sold my stuff and moved on from this. I got banned from Slack for bringing up the ongoing decline of the price in a normal manner. This is really a big red flag for me if criticism is handled like this. No discussion, my user account just got disabled, that is pathetic. Reddit is dead as well. Pump groups make advertisements there and the things are not getting removed for over 5 days. This thread is also silent. Everybody moved on. People are not even caring to vote syscoin for being added to Binance. Those are red flags again for me.

Sys didn't really recover any of the losses with the China FUD market crash. Sys bleeds to death and the devs are not bringing any news to create at least some hype or informing people what might be happening. That is just a big middle finger in the face of every investor. I pity those who actually bought at ATH some weeks ago. Those extra strong declines and wild price swings don't inspire confidence to attract new potential investors and people are deluding themselves if they expect any recoveries soon. Where is the new floor? 2k sats again?

My take on the "silence" here is that it is one of silent confidence. What with Blockchain Foundary and the plans for a Bonded Validator System as solutions for market-driven needs, it certainly looks like SYS is making the transition from first generation coin to a modern cryptocurrency with real world use applications as well as being a secure storage of wealth.

Frankly, I didn't even know who Binance was. I had to google them. Well, truthfully, I went to coinmarketcap.com too. Couldn't even find out where they are based from their website. https://www.binance.com/ Googled "Binance physical location" in order to get that from 3rd parties.
https://www.google.com/search?dcr=0&source=hp&q=Binance+physical+location&oq=Binance+physical+location&gs_l=psy-ab.3..35i39k1.2396.2396.0.3450.3.2.0.0.0.0.106.106.0j1.2.0.dummy_maps_web_fallback...0...1.1.64.psy-ab..1.2.489.6...383.S61TdzT4HUY

Everything is bleeding, well, almost. The SegWit currencies especially, well, almost everybody there as well.

Again, in the case of SYS, I think there are very savvy people buying on the cheap and the rest of us who are holding, doing so with a high level of confidence in what's being done here. You know, it has adopted state of the art legacy advancements (hope that doesn't sound too oxymoronic) while jumping ahead and claiming a very interesting niche in the real world use space. And they're modifying the base protocol to increase security as well.

The only thing I wish there was more of is real PoS. A hybrid 90/10 PoS/POW would set me on fire. Cool

Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:43:08 PM

Any additional thoughts on BTS? Ive exited my position just before this most recent sag began. Love BTS and everything about it but just unsure about price performance.

skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:45:36 PM

If you want to turn $10,000 into $1,000,000 then my suggestion is either buy Bitcoin and hold for 20 years, OR buy $100 worth of every altcoin and set a selling price of 10x or more of your initial investment, and wait a few years. Eventually some whale will come along and buy up your holding and you will make a great profit.
Edsemen

Activity: 413
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:53:54 PM

definitely need to pay attention to another currency, because you really do not earn anything if for such a long time the rate has increased by only $ 4 ..

I guess it really needs to have more enough patience as you see fluctuations ups and downs was concerned here. Nevermind those other currencies while looking unto the holdings that you are focusing, and if you wanted your assets to grow you should maintain the long term goal no matter what happens.

camelson
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:23:59 AM

Well with this much investment I think it is possible to make 1M usd. And best option is to buy bitcoin with your half of money and invest remaining half in different altcoins having great potential to grow in future. Do not put all your money in single coin, this will be highly risky.
hrspecter

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 12:41:47 PM

Hi!
What is your plan with BTS while it got delisted from Bittrex? Do you hold or sell?

It seems like the project will get a huge hit. Portfolio for sure. Unless he sold it fast enough.
KroFly

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:02:01 PM

I guess it really needs to have more enough patience as you see fluctuations ups and downs was concerned here. Nevermind those other currencies while looking unto the holdings that you are focusing, and if you wanted your assets to grow you should maintain the long term goal no matter what happens.

This is very correct advice. The investor should be calm. If he starts to recede from the planned path and change tactics, he will lose assets. But this should not be allowed. Rich become the most patient

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:17:50 PM

Any additional thoughts on BTS? Ive exited my position just before this most recent sag began. Love BTS and everything about it but just unsure about price performance.

Trust me! BTS has been a huge pain in my ass for a very long time now since I have been holding it and it has not really given so much than a shitcoin as far as I am concerned. The funniest part is waking up now just to discover it is going to be delisted from bittrex by October 13. Now, I just have to count my losses and accept my fate after the huge dump already or just move to another exchange which I am not sure I am even ready for right now. Learnt my lessons though... (Never hold a crazy coin for too long). I will get back my funds in another trade for sure.
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:26:47 PM

This is very correct advice. The investor should be calm. If he starts to recede from the planned path and change tactics, he will lose assets. But this should not be allowed. Rich become the most patient
Making a plan and sticking to it is the best of all, but one thing need to be considered is the alternative plan. If something goes wrong than our prediction, we need to make the alternate plan take effect. So a sudden plan implementation will help in avoiding the loss in no time.
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:37:30 PM

Perhaps not exactly "trading", but it just might be one of the shortest time frame investments you'll ever make.  Wink

How about a portfolio competition?

Using today’s price to establish opening position cost basis, the following portfolio has a minimum target of $100,000 (if everything goes wrong) and a maximum (still conservative) target of $1,000,000. (Explaining the reasons why goes beyond the scope of this friendly competition.)

Litecoin (LTC) – 50%
BitShares (BTS) – 10%
STEEM (STEEM) – 10%
Syscoin (SYS) – 10%
Nxt (NXT) – 10%
PIVX (PIVX) – 5%
NEM (XEM) – 5%

We’ll see how it does. Wish me luck!

Full Disclosure: I currently hold many of these issues as “long term” investments (but not all at this exact time since I’m still looking for a better entry on one in particular), and could purchase or sell any, at any time, and/or trade short term as well, with the weighting for this “model” portfolio being somewhat different from my own, where, for example, I am currently overweight LTC, BTS and PIVX.

https://i.imgur.com/MqTGARn.png

Edit: Forgot one very small detail at the time: the price of Bitcoin. It's highlighted on the 5 min chart below.

https://i.imgur.com/00lZU8s.jpg

I admired your belief on the coins you are holding in a long term. But there is two of your coins that I also hold in a long term too which is Nem and Lite coin and I added Maidsafe, Bay, Waves, Ethereum are the atlcoins for me to hold in a long term.
nigamshubham20

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:01:27 PM

@HR Now that BTS will be deleted on October 13th, 2017 from Bittrex and its already 20% down. What should be done?
hrspecter

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:22:01 PM

@HR Now that BTS will be deleted on October 13th, 2017 from Bittrex and its already 20% down. What should be done?

What can be done? Either you believe in the project and wait for a recover or sell and abandon the ship because it will take a hit.
Kopen

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:10:00 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2017, 05:40:25 PM by Kopen

Thanks Bittrex.

Thinking long and hard about rebalancing into more BTS out of either LTC or a BTC hedge. LTC is slowly creeping up as a % of my portfolio somehow (down less than BTS, I guess). We all don't invest more than we can afford to lose, right? Really tempted to call this FUD and double-down on the 20% dip (be greedy when others are fearful, etc., etc.). At least catch a rebound pump at some point

Alternatively, this shows how fickle everyone is and how quickly an asset can just tank.

Speculation I'm seeing so far (none of which has been verified or corroborated, in order of how often I'm seeing them):
  • Technical issues on Bittrex side (node RAM requirements)
  • SEC regulations regarding securities
  • Foul-play coinciding w/ ADA launch (former BTS dev(s) on ADA team)
  • Consistent decline in value
  • Protocol weakness (51% attack risk somehow, possibly because of low price)?

First two seem to be the most reasonable so far. Both of those seem to be the kind of thing you publicly explain, though I get not having a policy of explaining every action (since Twitter will always freak out, valid explanation or not).

How long until the new BTS web exchange, etc. is online?
HR (OP)
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:22:38 PM

If you want to turn $10,000 into $1,000,000 then my suggestion is either buy Bitcoin and hold for 20 years, OR buy $100 worth of every altcoin and set a selling price of 10x or more of your initial investment, and wait a few years. Eventually some whale will come along and buy up your holding and you will make a great profit.

Unless the exchange you're on goes bust.

HR (OP)
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:35:32 PM

Thanks Bittrex.

Thinking long and hard about rebalancing into more BTS out of either LTC or a BTC hedge. LTC is slowly creeping up as a % of my portfolio somehow (down less than BTS, I guess). We all don't invest more than we can afford to lose, right? Really tempted to call this FUD and double-down on the 20% dip (be greedy when others are fearful, etc., etc.). At least catch a rebound pump at some point

Alternatively, this shows how fickle everyone is and how quickly an asset can just tank.

Speculation I'm seeing so far (none of which has been verified or corroborated, in order of how often I'm seeing them):

First two seem to be the most reasonable so far. Both of those seem to be the kind of thing you publicly explain, though I get not having a policy of explaining every action (since Twitter will always freak out, valid explanation or not).

The RAM issue was out early and originally looked like it was from Bittrex and like it was legit. They just needed to change their configuration. Now we have nothing else out of them, and, well, silence in this kind of situation isn't positive. SEC regulation issues are clearly FUD - BTS is one of the very few who are able to go completely compliant on a minute's notice. The foul-play issue is something I don't rule out categorically, but I very much doubt it. Consistent decline in value? If that were the case, 90% of their coins would be delisted. Protocol weakness? Then why not STEEM too? Or ARK? Obvious FUD hack job.

A few people have asked me what I plan to do.

I've said many times in this thread that my number one criteria for anything I'm involved in long term is the question as to whether I'd lose sleep being a long term bagholder. If I answer that question with a "yes", I don't get involved. Likewise, if I get involved on those terms, I obviously don't sell when the price is dropping. If anything, I do the opposite. Hell has to freeze over before I sell BTS.

And for those of you buying, I can only say, GOOD GOING!

Oh, and here's a cross post from the BitShares thread with my take on the real reason. (I recommend following that thread closely, and reading up on what you might have missed. scaryvirus is an excellent "host".   Smiley )

tell me please, so what's the reason that they are being deleted from Bitrex or where you can read about it?

Mum's the word from Bittrex.

With the amount of money they make every day on BTS trading, we can clearly and unreservedly rule out good business sense as a reason.

That leave's us with just two primary possibilities: 1) they've lost their minds, or 2) they are extremely threatened and have decided to strike early while they think they still have a chance.

BitShares is their primary long term competition. There's no doubt in my mind about that, and I think they have concluded that their long term livelihood is threatened seriously enough by BTS to warrant a strategy that limits as much as possible any type of support direct or indirect of BitShares, and if possible, especially if it's an indirect "side affect", that even damages its competitor's good name.

Moeda

Activity: 1540
Merit: 270

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:10:13 AM

Perhaps not exactly "trading", but it just might be one of the shortest time frame investments you'll ever make.  Wink

How about a portfolio competition?

Using today’s price to establish opening position cost basis, the following portfolio has a minimum target of $100,000 (if everything goes wrong) and a maximum (still conservative) target of $1,000,000. (Explaining the reasons why goes beyond the scope of this friendly competition.)

Litecoin (LTC) – 50%
BitShares (BTS) – 10%
STEEM (STEEM) – 10%
Syscoin (SYS) – 10%
Nxt (NXT) – 10%
PIVX (PIVX) – 5%
NEM (XEM) – 5%

We’ll see how it does. Wish me luck!

Full Disclosure: I currently hold many of these issues as “long term” investments (but not all at this exact time since I’m still looking for a better entry on one in particular), and could purchase or sell any, at any time, and/or trade short term as well, with the weighting for this “model” portfolio being somewhat different from my own, where, for example, I am currently overweight LTC, BTS and PIVX.

https://i.imgur.com/MqTGARn.png

Edit: Forgot one very small detail at the time: the price of Bitcoin. It's highlighted on the 5 min chart below.

https://i.imgur.com/00lZU8s.jpg

Good luck, I am glad to see it. Now there are developments in the world of the bitcoin. Maybe someday the price includes hundreds of millions of dollars.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
torry28
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:24:05 PM

Bittrex gonna delist BTS from their site
https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001862851-Pending-Market-Removals-10-13-2017
   The following markets will be removed on October 13th, 2017:

BTC-BTA

BTC-BTS

BTC-DAR

BTC-DRACO

ETH-BTS  
It made price become worse, what will you do now HR?
btcapollo

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:37:22 AM

Thanks Bittrex.

The RAM issue was out early and originally looked like it was from Bittrex and like it was legit. They just needed to change their configuration. Now we have nothing else out of them, and, well, silence in this kind of situation isn't positive. SEC regulation issues are clearly FUD - BTS is one of the very few who are able to go completely compliant on a minute's notice. The foul-play issue is something I don't rule out categorically, but I very much doubt it. Consistent decline in value? If that were the case, 90% of their coins would be delisted. Protocol weakness? Then why not STEEM too? Or ARK? Obvious FUD hack job.

A few people have asked me what I plan to do.

I've said many times in this thread that my number one criteria for anything I'm involved in long term is the question as to whether I'd lose sleep being a long term bagholder. If I answer that question with a "yes", I don't get involved. Likewise, if I get involved on those terms, I obviously don't sell when the price is dropping. If anything, I do the opposite. Hell has to freeze over before I sell BTS.

And for those of you buying, I can only say, GOOD GOING!

Oh, and here's a cross post from the BitShares thread with my take on the real reason. (I recommend following that thread closely, and reading up on what you might have missed. scaryvirus is an excellent "host".   Smiley )

tell me please, so what's the reason that they are being deleted from Bitrex or where you can read about it?

Mum's the word from Bittrex.

With the amount of money they make every day on BTS trading, we can clearly and unreservedly rule out good business sense as a reason.

That leave's us with just two primary possibilities: 1) they've lost their minds, or 2) they are extremely threatened and have decided to strike early while they think they still have a chance.

BitShares is their primary long term competition. There's no doubt in my mind about that, and I think they have concluded that their long term livelihood is threatened seriously enough by BTS to warrant a strategy that limits as much as possible any type of support direct or indirect of BitShares, and if possible, especially if it's an indirect "side affect", that even damages its competitor's good name.

Any recommendations for a wallet to store BTS?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: