Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:16:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Turn $10,000 into 1 Million  (Read 68141 times)
faucetcollector

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 06:17:20 PM

Thanks for your time sharing your trades and insights over the past time in this thread, was a good read and a good learn. Hope you picked the coins that will be with the 5 survivers  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LazyBitInvestor

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:45:36 PM

Interesting thread! Thanks you for sharing your experience and showing your results!
Why u dont want to just HOLD?

Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1612

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 10:16:27 PM

https://i.imgur.com/eSIsYw9.jpg

There is a time for everything, a reason for everything, and nothing ever happens by chance, and the time has come for me to say goodbye to Bitcoin Forum. The hack of my account comes at a very opportune time – it’s almost too uncanny to be true. I had just taken the model portfolio into a “stagnate” long term phase not too many days before, with the promise to only rebalance in response to major changes and as seldom as possible. Destiny stepped in with a better idea: leave things exactly like they are forever.

So we’re going to leave the portfolio locked forever in its current state. If something goes to zero, then so be it. If something goes to 99% of the portfolio, so be it. It will be interesting to see how it does over the years. I’m confident that this simple example of a high quality crypto buy and hold will be worth millions (with an “s”) in not too many years. Someone might even start a payout scheme when that happens. Cheesy

It’s been a very productive 5 years for me here on Bitcoin Forum, time to flush out enough schemers, scammers, egomaniacs, impostors, wannabes, during the formative years of cypto infancy to get a very good grasp on what the sector’s all about. Time enough to discover who really knows what they’re doing, who honestly believes in, and is working to implement, the basic crypto decentralized and widely distributed ethos, and who, as a result, has the integrity to be truly transparent in the fullest sense of what that means in an open source world.

Times have changed, and we must change with the times. I believe that crypto has crossed an ephemeral bridge from infancy with limitless dreams and aspirations to maturity with very limited long term prospects where the vast majority will slowly fade away while only a few, most likely in the handfuls, will survive. It’s no longer about discovering how things work and who’s behind the wheel, rather it’s time to make decisions based on what we already know. For example, first generation technology is not going to change. The days of one man POW dev teams are running out. The same can be said for original PoS. I believe that only proven secure, cutting edge solutions with real life applications will succeed, and I think that the model portfolio core consists of representative and extremely viable candidates, along with a couple of “long shots” that have a decent chance of making the transition.

As I’ve mentioned before, I plan to become more active within the communities of the projects I’ve chosen to invest in. My focus has changed. In a sense, I’m also transitioning – I’m moving from the information gathering stage to the collaborative implementation of the projects I think will indelibly mark the future of crypto.

And what better way to see how this works out than to leave the model portfolio “frozen” in its present state? Nothing happens by chance! This is a perfect way to sign off.

Remember, I said it will be worth millions. Smiley

My most heartfelt thanks to everyone here on Bitcoin Forum with positive contributions over these last few years, and all my best for future success.

Cryptographic, aka HR

Congratulations on an amazing thread, it was definitely inspiring and very though provoking. All the top coins in your portfolio hold great long term potential with the exception of the STEEM project, which is too convoluted for its own good, and seems even more stuck in its echochamber after last year's updates to the whole  business model and STEEM conversion system.  Thus I cannot consider that endeavor on a professionally competitive level in its current state...

Your top pick ADA, on the other hand, is going to be among the stars of 2018, and you entered at an amazing price, well done.

rodskee

Activity: 2352
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:30:25 PM

Although it is possible, but it is a very difficult road. Need great luck, and great ability. Well, even with $ 1000 you can do it, with bitcoin, you can achieve whatever target you want, but it takes a very hard effort.

the chart showing its all in positive sides but there's have possibility to achieve of his positive dreams, and your correct need to focus more time and effort with maching hard work.

i believe this is a good help to the others people, always look forward in the positive thinking to achieve the dream in our life.

Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:29:07 PM

HR, thanks so much for all that you have done here on the forum. It will be sad to see you go, but I am sure you will be making your mark in the respective communities for these holdings. I am quite sure this portfolio will 8 figures someday!

Oo ako to

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:24:04 AM

It's possible for a people who already have a huge money that they can use to invest to buy altcoins but it will take more than a decade for traders like us to reach $1M or maybe it's impossible for us and only luck can make this come true.
torry28
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:31:50 PM

HR, hope you can get your account back. if you have provided sufficient proofs to admin, you should be able to get it back.

Thank you for your analysis and trading skills which you have show to us.
cryptokitty

Activity: 420

Global Blockchain Solution For Transportation

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:38:00 AM

Perhaps not exactly "trading", but it just might be one of the shortest time frame investments you'll ever make.  Wink

How about a portfolio competition?

Using today’s price to establish opening position cost basis, the following portfolio has a minimum target of $100,000 (if everything goes wrong) and a maximum (still conservative) target of $1,000,000. (Explaining the reasons why goes beyond the scope of this friendly competition.)

Litecoin (LTC) – 50%
BitShares (BTS) – 10%
STEEM (STEEM) – 10%
Syscoin (SYS) – 10%
Nxt (NXT) – 10%
PIVX (PIVX) – 5%
NEM (XEM) – 5%

We’ll see how it does. Wish me luck!

Full Disclosure: I currently hold many of these issues as “long term” investments (but not all at this exact time since I’m still looking for a better entry on one in particular), and could purchase or sell any, at any time, and/or trade short term as well, with the weighting for this “model” portfolio being somewhat different from my own, where, for example, I am currently overweight LTC, BTS and PIVX.

https://i.imgur.com/MqTGARn.png

Edit: Forgot one very small detail at the time: the price of Bitcoin. It's highlighted on the 5 min chart below.

https://i.imgur.com/00lZU8s.jpg

Thank you for this informations. I hope you made the right moves. For now, i am making mine and take this as a pattern in every position that i must suppose to make.
laracastvue

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:53:28 AM

It is possible to gain this amount of money when you invest in bitcoins but since your goal is very high then you need to wait for more years till it reached the value. There are predictions that the value of bitcoins will be double next year so you better wait for that and hold your coins longer.
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:16:08 AM

It is possible to gain this amount of money when you invest in bitcoins but since your goal is very high then you need to wait for more years till it reached the value. There are predictions that the value of bitcoins will be double next year so you better wait for that and hold your coins longer.
Investing in bitcoin now does not really pump like what we expected, if I have that kind of big ambition to turn my capital into 1 million, I would take a bigger risk and and invest my money with bitcoin. I think that when investing at ICO price and the project were successful you can easily turn that to millon even just a short period of time, there has been a lot of coins who successfully grow and still growing until now.

setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:47:19 AM

Only bitcoins can make your dream come true. But only dreaming will not affect. There is a saying and I quote her, “If you want to get something extraordinary you have to make efforts more than extraordinary”. So keeping this in mind, if you have this much target of money then you have to work for it. Keep moving on, it is not difficult at all. Make your dreams your guide.
RAJSALLIN

Activity: 665
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:12:32 PM

are any of your coin PoS?
No, you can see his last post.

These are coins he will hold until those coin hit $1 million in the future. He doesn't want to add new coin and just hold these coins until his goal achieved.

A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
`Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github`
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
MommyElsa

Activity: 387

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:28:45 AM

Perhaps not exactly "trading", but it just might be one of the shortest time frame investments you'll ever make.  Wink

How about a portfolio competition?

Using today’s price to establish opening position cost basis, the following portfolio has a minimum target of $100,000 (if everything goes wrong) and a maximum (still conservative) target of $1,000,000. (Explaining the reasons why goes beyond the scope of this friendly competition.)

Litecoin (LTC) – 50%
BitShares (BTS) – 10%
STEEM (STEEM) – 10%
Syscoin (SYS) – 10%
Nxt (NXT) – 10%
PIVX (PIVX) – 5%
NEM (XEM) – 5%

We’ll see how it does. Wish me luck!

Full Disclosure: I currently hold many of these issues as “long term” investments (but not all at this exact time since I’m still looking for a better entry on one in particular), and could purchase or sell any, at any time, and/or trade short term as well, with the weighting for this “model” portfolio being somewhat different from my own, where, for example, I am currently overweight LTC, BTS and PIVX.

https://i.imgur.com/MqTGARn.png

Edit: Forgot one very small detail at the time: the price of Bitcoin. It's highlighted on the 5 min chart below.

https://i.imgur.com/00lZU8s.jpg

Dreaming for this kind of money and investment but i will not fully put my money at one investment like trading. I will engage in other business with my 50% savings to ensure that i still have my money if i did not succeed with the trading.

🥤🧊🥤🧊        ONLINE SOCIAL COMMUNICATION & DATING APK         🧊🥤🧊🥤
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:02:05 PM

Sorry to hear about your account. I am investing in the 3 major assets that you have decided to hold, ADA SYS STEEM. They are great projects. But I think it funny that you have decided to not have a major position on any coin. It is unusual. =)
Things happens. Life is like this. Whatever happens to us is for our betterment at the end. I mean it is good to be an optimist. ADA SYS and STEEM might be some great projects but don’t you think they will take a lot of time in order to return grand profits plus it may never take place.

Investing in some coin that has a bright future and supporters in thousands will be a great time savior. Still, wish you best of luck.
MinMan

Activity: 608
Merit: 154

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:59:51 PM

Such an amount will be possible for anyone if they invested at a time when BTC price was at the rate of $200 to $500, yes I believe it will be possible if investment were made at the time of such rate. But as of now, I think spreading your money across different platforms /coins will be much better. Even after the split, price won’t go below $2,000.
CrMg

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:12:31 PM

You could've made it if you invested several years ago, now the market is getting scammy and crowded, but I like the fact that 90% of all BTC belongs to 0.7% of all adresses, this means the price will continue mooning, until ofcourse those fat fingers decide to dump it and go into fiat
digitalgame4life

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:58:11 PM

I think that it is a bad time to invest in any of those as the peak was reached and now massive profit taking it taking place. There's only so long bagholders will be hodling for. There are tons of coins to be dumped and aside of the bubble, no market to absorb them.

It is the best time to invest in many altcoins, although I dont agree that 10k will be turned in 1 million, even if you get a few 100k with your 10k it is a very good profit, I dont know why many people are targeting 1 million, what if you have 1 million, did you make it? do you stop? NO!, just be happy if you tripple your money a few times, people chasing a million dollars will fail if they arent happy with less.

coinkhoj

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:56:04 PM

It may possible but it needs pro knowledge about trading in short term and your luck. All the best and update this topic about your progress and each steps you are taken to move forward.
Panzersin

Activity: 901
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:03:47 PM

It may possible but it needs pro knowledge about trading in short term and your luck. All the best and update this topic about your progress and each steps you are taken to move forward.
He did but he will not update anymore because his main account got hacked and his last post saying he will hold these altcoins until it worth million

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄           ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█▀           ▀█▄       ▄█▀           ▀█▄       ▄█▀            ▀█▄       ▄█▀           ▀█▄       ▄█▀           ▀█▄       ▄███████████████▄
  █▀   ████████▄▄  ▀█     █▀    ▄▄████▄▄   ▀█     █▀▄██    ██    ██▄▀█     █▀   ██████████  ▀█     █▀   ████████▄▄  ▀█     ███████████████████
 █     ███████████   █   █     ██████████    █   █  ▐███  ████  ███▌  █   █     ████▀▀▀▀▀▀    █   █     ███████████   █   █████████████████████
▐▌     ████  ░████   ▐▌ ▐▌    ████▀  ▀████   ▐▌ ▐▌   ███▌██████▐███   ▐▌ ▐▌     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▐▌ ▐▌     ████   ████   ▐▌ ▐█▌ ▄▄ █▌ ▄ ▐█ ▐██ ▐██▌
▐▌     ████████▀▀    ▐▌ ▐▌    ████▄  ▄████   ▐▌ ▐▌    ████████████    ▐▌ ▐▌     ██████████    ▐▌ ▐▌     ████████▀▀    ▐▌ ▐█▌ ▄▄ █  ▀  █ ▐██ ▐██▌
 █     ████          █   █     ██████████    █   █     ████  ████     █   █     ████          █   █     ████▀████▄    █   █▌ ▀▀ ▌ ▐█▌ ▐   █   █
  █▄   ████        ▄█     █▄    ▀▀████▀▀   ▄█     █▄    ██    ██    ▄█     █▄   ██████████  ▄█     █▄   ████  ▀████ ▄█    ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀█▄           ▄█▀       ▀█▄           ▄█▀       ▀█▄            ▄█▀       ▀█▄           ▄█▀       ▀█▄           ▄█▀       ▀███████████████▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀           ▀▀█████████▀▀

.POWER. PLAY

██       ██████████
         ████    ██ █ ▄▄▄█       █
        ██████   █   █▀  ██    █████
       ████████  ██ █    █ ████████████
████████████████████    ██   ██████████
███████████████████    █      ████████
  █████████▄▄▄████▌   █ █▀█▄  ████████
   ███████▀   ██ █     █   █▀█
    ███████▄    █     █   █   █
   ████████▀█         █ █▌█▐█ █
   ███████████    ▄    █▄ █  █
          ██████   ▀▄▄ ▄ █▄▄▄█
            █████▄    ▀   ▄█▀
            █████▀████████▀
EURO
MILLIONS

████  ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████  ██

██  ████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  ████

CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:16:49 PM

Is there any place that he said he will leave updates on the value of his portfolio? I don't see anything on his steemit regarding it. If there's enough response to this post, provided there is no place there's updates of his portfolio, I'll take it up myself to provide the value of his portfolio every week based on his week 21 data. Let me know if you guys would like this.

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: