Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:56:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Turn $10,000 into 1 Million  (Read 68141 times)
erichall

Activity: 350
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:34:58 PM

$50,000 in May 2017.

I'd say you were lucky to be early. I hope you are already half way your goal.

Can you update us on current status?

Thank you.

you can watch his current portfolio in realtime over here,
https://www.cryptocompare.com/portfolio-public/?id=120643

Are you serious? Is that his portfolio? Cant believe, he made a half million from just 10 thousand!!! But this year was really new step in crypto, all around talk about blockchain.

Geez. That's impressive. But he also started early it looks like, and held.

Seems that holding onto good coins can really bring a lot of money.
santieevanz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:10:32 AM

Perhaps not exactly "trading", but it just might be one of the shortest time frame investments you'll ever make.  Wink

How about a portfolio competition?

Using today’s price to establish opening position cost basis, the following portfolio has a minimum target of $100,000 (if everything goes wrong) and a maximum (still conservative) target of $1,000,000. (Explaining the reasons why goes beyond the scope of this friendly competition.)

Litecoin (LTC) – 50%
BitShares (BTS) – 10%
STEEM (STEEM) – 10%
Syscoin (SYS) – 10%
Nxt (NXT) – 10%
PIVX (PIVX) – 5%
NEM (XEM) – 5%

We’ll see how it does. Wish me luck!

Full Disclosure: I currently hold many of these issues as “long term” investments (but not all at this exact time since I’m still looking for a better entry on one in particular), and could purchase or sell any, at any time, and/or trade short term as well, with the weighting for this “model” portfolio being somewhat different from my own, where, for example, I am currently overweight LTC, BTS and PIVX.

https://i.imgur.com/MqTGARn.png

Edit: Forgot one very small detail at the time: the price of Bitcoin. It's highlighted on the 5 min chart below.

https://i.imgur.com/00lZU8s.jpg

Based on the chart and information above, it seems that holding coins can double your money without making an effort but these past few days, I've been watching the market and I think there are dropping of value and bitcoin correction happening and it seems that is not yet finished. What do you think is the best option? Is it really worth holding our coins or worth of selling our coins now? Let's hope for a better result in the future. Fighting!

JohnDoe3490

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:31:10 PM

Perhaps not exactly "trading", but it just might be one of the shortest time frame investments you'll ever make.  Wink

Using today’s price to establish opening position cost basis, the following portfolio has a minimum target of $100,000 (if everything goes wrong) and a maximum (still conservative) target of $1,000,000. (Explaining the reasons why goes beyond the scope of this friendly competition.)

Litecoin (LTC) – 50%
BitShares (BTS) – 10%
STEEM (STEEM) – 10%
Syscoin (SYS) – 10%
Nxt (NXT) – 10%
PIVX (PIVX) – 5%
NEM (XEM) – 5%

Full Disclosure: I currently hold many of these issues as “long term” investments (but not all at this exact time since I’m still looking for a better entry on one in particular), and could purchase or sell any, at any time, and/or trade short term as well, with the weighting for this “model” portfolio being somewhat different from my own, where, for example, I am currently overweight LTC, BTS and PIVX.

Edit: Forgot one very small detail at the time: the price of Bitcoin. It's highlighted on the 5 min chart below.

Based on the chart and information above, it seems that holding coins can double your money without making an effort but these past few days, I've been watching the market and I think there are dropping of value and bitcoin correction happening and it seems that is not yet finished. What do you think is the best option? Is it really worth holding our coins or worth of selling our coins now? Let's hope for a better result in the future. Fighting!

Yes, sometimes there is more profit in just holding a coin. No commissions are taken and you don't really have to time your buys and your sells. If you just hold onto ripple since the early days, you might be already at your target goal.
Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:25:39 PM

$50,000 in May 2017.

Thank you.

Thanks.

It look's awesome. From $50k to $350k

Yea, he actually started with $10,000. If you go back to the first pages of this thread you can see the beginning. Later on his account got hacked and he said he wouldn't make any more portfolio updates, so I loaded in all the positions at that point (which was about $50k) and you can see where that went. Over $660k today! Wow!

Herad Hedid

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

Altair VR. Next-gen Blockchain VR Wikipedia

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:36:23 PM

$50,000 in May 2017.

Thank you.

Thanks.

It look's awesome. From $50k to $350k

Yea, he actually started with $10,000. If you go back to the first pages of this thread you can see the beginning. Later on his account got hacked and he said he wouldn't make any more portfolio updates, so I loaded in all the positions at that point (which was about $50k) and you can see where that went. Over $660k today! Wow!
But these gains come mostly from cerdano which was a very good pick for him. Congratulations for making this decision.

StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:01:04 PM

HR's investment currently reached $600,000. He only need $400,000 or 1.67x more to hit his goal.
Most of people will not believe this because he only started with $10,000
Tell him he is so lucky. Why it is because all those people who had bought bitcoins at the low price and then they are saving it for the hard time. Prices are totally increasing all the time, although there are some dips coming along the way but that is casual thing, it is not that much stunning. So keep on going with this one and make some bestselling when the highest price comes.
HR (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:10:35 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2018, 11:10:54 AM by HR

This is what a theoretical Week 29 Update would look like.

https://i.imgur.com/YvXLyp4.jpg

ADA grew to 54% of the total portfolio last night. That’s a fairly good concentration, and something I personally wouldn’t let go without rebalancing. As you know from reading this thread, I mentioned on the 1st of December that I had rebalanced my personal portfolio on the first ADA spike higher. I’m sure it won’t be too much of a surprise for you to learn that I’ve done the same again. And I’m still fairly overweight ADA!

To the question as to how the locked model portfolio is doing in comparison with my real portfolio, the truth is that until yesterday the balanced portfolio was still winning, both in percentage terms and absolute terms, even after having taken a little more than 10% profits cleanly off the top (a nice little fiat payday to brighten up the holiday season). However, with yesterday’s doubling in ADA, the locked portfolio took the lead in daily percentage gains. There's a lot of risk to assume in order to do that though, and with the likes of true 100x prospects like STEEM and SYS falling below 7.5% and 9%, respectively, there really are good places to put those ADA profits that will probably catapult the balanced portfolio higher sooner or later, while reducing substantial overall risk at the same time.

Check out the last post on my blog on Steemit, Buy Low, Sell High, for more about selling strength and buying weakness, best practice portfolio management, and a real nice example of a YTD laggard that could well be the next 100x.

All my best to everyone, and always remember that there will always be another correction. Smiley

^^ This!

And I will summarize: aside from having made good picks (which would have been fairly easy as some have pointed out), what made this possible more than anything else is the balanced portfolio concept. Don't forget it!

In fact, my real portfolio, complete with 2 ADA rebalancings to laggards, IS STILL ON PAR with the locked portfolio. Done just as well, and my risk is way lower as a result.

Also keep in mind that at some point, your crypto will need to be rebalanced against fiat.

A DIVERSIFIED BALANCED PORTFOLIO is your best friend and will never lie to you.

Yzhel

Activity: 325

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:33:01 PM

HR's investment currently reached $600,000. He only need $400,000 or 1.67x more to hit his goal.
Most of people will not believe this because he only started with $10,000
Tell him he is so lucky. Why it is because all those people who had bought bitcoins at the low price and then they are saving it for the hard time. Prices are totally increasing all the time, although there are some dips coming along the way but that is casual thing, it is not that much stunning. So keep on going with this one and make some bestselling when the highest price comes.
Good thing that he earn it, it is very good thing indeed, I am also looking forward that could happen to me, that my current investment now could turn to a million dollar someday, that is why I am setting up my goal to invest here as much as I can so that our future will be bright just like other people here.
spring07

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

0x5A165891De2a2c8B82c7De19486277e0d5b644DF

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:15:09 PM

Hmnnnnn if i do understand you, i think what you want to achieve is a minimum of $100k from an initial investment of $10k.
This is very possible and easily achievable. But what is your time window set for this target.
Good luck is all i can wish you.
sergeyen

Activity: 101
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:40:35 PM

1 MILLION !!!

kimosan

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:51:16 PM

Way to go HR.

Nicely done
ZZ727

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:56:43 PM

This is what a theoretical Week 29 Update would look like.

https://i.imgur.com/YvXLyp4.jpg

ADA grew to 54% of the total portfolio last night. That’s a fairly good concentration, and something I personally wouldn’t let go without rebalancing. As you know from reading this thread, I mentioned on the 1st of December that I had rebalanced my personal portfolio on the first ADA spike higher. I’m sure it won’t be too much of a surprise for you to learn that I’ve done the same again. And I’m still fairly overweight ADA!

To the question as to how the locked model portfolio is doing in comparison with my real portfolio, the truth is that until yesterday the balanced portfolio was still winning, both in percentage terms and absolute terms, even after having taken a little more than 10% profits cleanly off the top (a nice little fiat payday to brighten up the holiday season). However, with yesterday’s doubling in ADA, the locked portfolio took the lead in daily percentage gains. There's a lot of risk to assume in order to do that though, and with the likes of true 100x prospects like STEEM and SYS falling below 7.5% and 9%, respectively, there really are good places to put those ADA profits that will probably catapult the balanced portfolio higher sooner or later, while reducing substantial overall risk at the same time.

Check out the last post on my blog on Steemit, Buy Low, Sell High, for more about selling strength and buying weakness, best practice portfolio management, and a real nice example of a YTD laggard that could well be the next 100x.

All my best to everyone, and always remember that there will always be another correction. Smiley

^^ This!

And I will summarize: aside from having made good picks (which would have been fairly easy as some have pointed out), what made this possible more than anything else is the balanced portfolio concept. Don't forget it!

In fact, my real portfolio, complete with 2 ADA rebalancings to laggards, IS STILL ON PAR with the locked portfolio. Done just as well, and my risk is way lower as a result.

Also keep in mind that at some point, your crypto will need to be rebalanced against fiat.

A DIVERSIFIED BALANCED PORTFOLIO is your best friend and will neve lie to you.

Good to see you're still around HR! Massive congratulations on hitting on your goal! Your tips and advice in this thread has been key in formulating my own portfolio- although every time I compare it, yours is doing better % wise. Guess that's the margin between a newbie and a pro hey Wink

Your Steem posts are also great, keep them up!
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:01:35 PM

Seriously impressive. If you'd told me this was still possible in 2017 at the start of that year I would've been doubtful. It just goes to show how much potential is still out there waiting to be harnessed.
@Mhaiang

Activity: 294

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:02:14 PM

Although it is possible, but it is a very difficult road. Need great luck, and great ability. Well, even with $ 1000 you can do it, with bitcoin, you can achieve whatever target you want, but it takes a very hard effort.

Yes you are right, it is very hard thing to do. I think having a big amount of money is needed to invest in order to attain 1 Million from $10,000.The mentioned competition is so much hard for me for i did not have any portfolio. So sad I cannot make it.  Cry

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
kerjakuat

Activity: 346

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:04:54 PM

is this for real?? he just buy and sell and hold the coin can make he a millionaire now?? wow.. this make me stumble.. this really motivate me more as no one could do like he can do.

[   N O M I N E X   ]        EXCHANGE       ◥        telegram      facebook      twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)         in         T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:27:08 PM

he just buy and sell and hold the coin can make he a millionaire now?? 

The highlighted one is the key word. So many people throw it all away scalping. If you pick the right coins and sit there and do nothing you'll almost always end up doing better than those self proclaimed pro traders.
bitcub

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 02:28:10 PM

You have a number of wonderful coins. How about adding Cardano and Iota in the list? These coins are still below $10usd. Try to consider trading them.

Litecoin (LTC) – 50%
BitShares (BTS) – 10%
STEEM (STEEM) – 10%
Syscoin (SYS) – 10%
Nxt (NXT) – 10%
PIVX (PIVX) – 5%
NEM (XEM) – 5%

Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1631

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 04:06:37 PM

You have a number of wonderful coins. How about adding Cardano and Iota in the list? These coins are still below $10usd. Try to consider trading them.

Litecoin (LTC) – 50%
BitShares (BTS) – 10%
STEEM (STEEM) – 10%
Syscoin (SYS) – 10%
Nxt (NXT) – 10%
PIVX (PIVX) – 5%
NEM (XEM) – 5%

Check the previous posts. Cardano is his biggest holding, he bought and published here when ADA was at 360 satoshis...

Exidous

Activity: 239

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:47:53 PM

anyone see neu and centra?  rand just twitter about these coin. But I think I'm too late for this short trading
Laurayaki

Activity: 93

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:37:11 PM

To achieve such a goal I would have put a good part in the redpulse, neo, monero also have great potential
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: