Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:42:45 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do *you* decide what is a good investment?  (Read 1481 times)
fan_of_things_and_stuff (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 06:24:28 PM

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum scene, but I've been following cryptocurrencies for a while now. Some of the tech has me really excited, but there are use cases that I read about that just make me scratch my head Huh. One thing I've noticed is that some projects for which the buzzword count to substance ratio is insanely high does pretty good, while others that seem to have a legitimately great idea flounder.

So my question is, from an investment standpoint, what do *you* look for in a cryptocurrency?

For instance I think that Mysterium looks like a fantastic idea...but I'm not great with finance stuff, so I'm wondering what more seasoned investors think
wallstone

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 09:15:17 PM

I always seek for something that has a potential, not a successful one so thag my investment is worth it and profitbale.
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 09:45:16 PM

Honestly every project are having some a good roadmaps, bright futures, big time developments, future interesting plans and any other positive outlooks. If doesn't they can't attract more investors.

So in my case, how will I decide if that is a good investment?

First of all, if they can able to answer all technical questions by the investors with good reasoning and basis. Second, the team must transparent. Third, it's up now on my own preferences. These aren't an assurance that this project is a good investment but by considering basic things before investing we can minimize the risk of losing.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 10:02:58 PM

Well I don't know what is mysterium but I'm sure is a shitcoin no offence, things like a code without many bugs, infrastructure and hash power of a coin.

Community and use cases and the rest is just manipulations and scams. more hash power= harder to control and harder to destroy.
maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 10:36:02 PM

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum scene, but I've been following cryptocurrencies for a while now. Some of the tech has me really excited, but there are use cases that I read about that just make me scratch my head Huh. One thing I've noticed is that some projects for which the buzzword count to substance ratio is insanely high does pretty good, while others that seem to have a legitimately great idea flounder.

So my question is, from an investment standpoint, what do *you* look for in a cryptocurrency?

For instance I think that Mysterium looks like a fantastic idea...but I'm not great with finance stuff, so I'm wondering what more seasoned investors think

i never heard about mysterium because i am not too often to read the news so i think i will choose from the list that is existing in the market as my investment. many altcoins that i have is from buying in the past and its really worth because if we sell at the price now, i think we can make big money and its work for any of investment that we know but unfortunately, only few people that is succeeded to decide good investment and until now their investment is work so fast.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ekans45

Activity: 229
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 10:48:44 PM

Of course I always do a reseaech regarding to my desired investment. I'm reading their platform, reviews and their achivement and potential. I don't seek if they are popular, what I'm looking for is good reviews for them  so that I'll be comfortable in investing with them.
coinsmanager

Activity: 67
Merit: 12

Byteball: highly scalable cryptocurrency platform

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 10:58:57 PM

The first thing I try to know if the investment solves real-world problems, because there will be no return if there is no demand for the product/service. Then it is necessary to know the team behind it, and compare the tech they have with what is already available in the market.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:02:47 PM

If you are talking about altcoins(i'm assuming you are because you are focusing on cryptos), then always look for coins that have an active dev team that have a good reputation and are willing to reveal themselves to the public instead of hiding under a bought account. That's the major important thing. Next make sure that they are promoting their coin well with a sig campaign, otherwise it means they're not willing to sacrifice a few thousand dollars in their own project to get it started. But altcoin in general isn't for newbies. It's for more seasoned investors as you said.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:37:41 PM

By general rule, each new project promises to be better than all the previous ones, and that is why I think it is not enough to read about their alleged fantastic features to decide to put my money in their projects. I have to admit that I am not an expert in all these digital issues, but I really know how to manage my money and that is why I only use to invest the money I can afford to lose.
WhitePaperIII

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:46:21 PM

Follow follow follow follow, Follow the yellow brick road.
Gumpfire

Activity: 378
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:57:02 PM

Don't just listen only in one person, consult with many people so that you can get which is the best.
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 02:25:12 AM

It seems it is a question to a trader who is continuously looking for new trading instrument whereas I am always sticking with only highly established coins. Personally I am hating risking my trading with new coins. When I am going with known and highly established coins, I believe I'm not taking big risks. People do share they are making big profits with new altcoins, at the same time I had bad experiences by trading new things.

There are many feasible ways to determine the potential of new coins, but there has more possibilities to get disappointment too. When I will be focusing only to my bitcoin trading, and honestly I'm not finding any time for going back with new things.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 03:25:56 AM

this is mostly a trading board and altcoin are only good for trading not a real investment in my opinion so don't look for "fantastic ideas" they are just that, you won't make money from most of them.
i have seen many fantastic ideas but none of them could ever go high in price, but i see shitty altcoins that are getting pumps 2 folds easily and that's where the money lies.

Buying the dip...
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 05:39:32 AM

There is an old time trading strategy or investment plan that many amateurs traders has abandoned and their following fantasy and advise of the said gurus who make their money from train and sell their training material for fortune. The simply trading strategy is buying low and sell high, buy at accumulating level and sell at distribution level, buy wholesale and sell at retail. Goodluck.
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 06:46:31 AM

Well like they have said look for something that has potential (well sometimes you won't know for sure), be updated on the news and the new trends, ask some professionals and oldies in these stuff. Look for the characteristics of a coin that has some edge on other coins, investors are looking for a good coin and has a high potential on security and transactions. Even veteran traders get blank when situations got tough. No one is a 100% sure in cryptocurrencies investment, even in Bitcoin. Well do some investments in the real world in order to have a back up plan when things got tough here in Cryptocurrency world.

xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 07:21:07 AM

In investment or trading of course we are looking for the one that making profit, the bigger the profit the better the investment is, there are two types of investment which is short term and long term, usually for short term I am looking for the market trend and the most popular coin at that time and for long term I tend look for the potential like project development and what will be next target for the coin developer and what is the market target

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 08:15:09 AM

It seems it is a question to a trader who is continuously looking for new trading instrument whereas I am always sticking with only highly established coins. Personally I am hating risking my trading with new coins. When I am going with known and highly established coins, I believe I'm not taking big risks. People do share they are making big profits with new altcoins, at the same time I had bad experiences by trading new things.

There are many feasible ways to determine the potential of new coins, but there has more possibilities to get disappointment too. When I will be focusing only to my bitcoin trading, and honestly I'm not finding any time for going back with new things.
That is true, we do not need to look for new/good investment all the times. Just sticking with bitcoin trading is more than enough for most of the traders. But some people want different risk/reward ratio and they are looking for new opportunities. As you have mentioned it has both advantages and pitfalls.

Being a trader we must take some risk all the time so I'm not finding any meaningless action with this. It is a trader's preferences whether they can stick with only one trading instrument or they can look for new coins too.
asu
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1136

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 08:36:39 AM

I can decide a good investment if it's real paying and trustable. Like the investment site have been 4years now and still counting and still legit like ethtrade.org that have been so long and still my favourite investment site. Well anyways also investing in many altscoin here is great also

███████████████████████████
██    ▀█████████████▀    ██
██      ▀████▀████▀      ██
███▄    ▄██▀   ▀██▄    ▄███
█████▄▄██▀  ▄▄▄  ▀██▄▄█████
███████▀    ███    ▀███████
██████               ██████
███████▄    ███    ▄███████
████▀ ▀██▄  ▀▀▀  ▄██▀ ▀████
████▀   ▀██▄   ▄██▀   ▀████
██▀   ▄▄ ▄███▄███▄ ▄▄   ▀██
██▄ ▄█████████████████▄ ▄██
..Duelbits..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██ ▄▄▄▄ ███████████ ▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █ ▄▄▄▄ ███████ ▄▄▄▄ █ ██
██ ▀ █ ▄▄▄▄ ███ ▄▄▄▄ █ ▀ ██
████ ▀ █  █ ███ █  █ ▀ ████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ███ ▀▀▀▀ ██████
██▄ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▄██
██▄██████▌▐▀▄▀▄▀▌▐██████▄██
██▀▀▀████ █▄▀▄▀▄█ ████▀▀▀██
█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄█████
███████▌▐█████████▌▐███████
██▄▄▄▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▄▄██
█████████████████▀██ ██▀███
██████████████████▄███▄████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██
██ ██████ ▐█████▌ █ ██ █ ██
██ █▀▄▄▀█ ▐▀▄▄▄▀▌ ██▄▄██ ██
██ █▄▀▀▄█ ▐▄▀▀▀▄▌ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██
██ ██████ ▐█████▌ ██████ ██
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██
██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███████████
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█ ███████████
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ █▀▄▀███████ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ██▄████████ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ████▀▄▀████ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ███ ███ ███ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ████▄▀▄████ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ ████████▀██ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ ███████▄▀▄█ ██
██▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
█████▀▄▄███████████▄▄▀█████
████ █████████████████ ████
███ ███████████████████ ███
██ █████████████████████ ██
██ █████████████████████ ██
██ ████████████   ██████ ██
███ ███████████   █████ ███
████ █████████████████ ████
█████▄▀▀███████████▀▀▄█████
████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
██ ▄▄▄▀▀███████████▀▀▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▄▀███████▀▄█████ ██
███▄▀█████▄▀███▀▄█████▀▄███
█████▄▀█████▄▀██████▀▄█████
███████▄▀█████▄▀██▀▄███████
█████████▄▀█████▄▀█████████
███▀▄▄▀▀▄██▄▀█████▄▀▀▄▀████
████ ██▄▀████▄▀███▀▄██ ████
████▀▄███▄▀▄███▄▀▄███▄▀████
██▀▄██▀▄▀▀█ ███ █▀▀▄▀██▄▀██
███▄▀▄████▄█████▄████▄▀▄███
LIVE SHOWS
SLOTS
BLACKJACK
  ROULETTE
  DUELS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CASHBACK
██&██
RAKEBACK
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
...Register Now...
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 08:45:08 AM

Being a trader we must take some risk all the time so I'm not finding any meaningless action with this. It is a trader's preferences whether they can stick with only one trading instrument or they can look for new coins too.
But trading only well known instruments is more secured way of trading. Because when you are looking for high rewards from a new project, the chances will be more for getting disappointment rather than getting what you are actually looking for.

As per my previous experiences, just a trading few altcoins are more than enough for me. Because newly listed altcoins are having more chances to get dumped overnight whereas established altcoins are staying stronger always.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 05:10:58 PM

Before I invest into an altcoins. The first thing I do is reading  the white paper of that particular coin and from there know if the project is worth investing in or not. I do also looking at if the ICO has a good reputation and if the project has an escrow. Please note I only invest in new project or coins.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: