Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:15:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you trade at multiple exchanges?  (Read 19261 times)
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:12:32 AM

I think that's called arbitrage but tried it once and lost, in that time amidst sending it from one exchange to another, you will most likely find it at the price or most exchanges shut down the wallets that have a  higher difference for a particular coin but I have heard many people say how they made turns of money from this

yes many people do actually earn a descent profit by just only doing this. they do earn because other exchanges do have different prices and they take advantage on it.  but doing this kind of idea is tiresome and will also requires a lot of capital in order to support the overall fees (e.g transaction fees , trading fees  and other fees )  . However i my self  dont do it because i dont like to do trading at all but rather i only foccus on investing in bitcoin because i find it to be more easier.
coinscircle

Activity: 202
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:25:43 PM

Well, it is on every exchanger sometimes there is a difference in price. But it's all actually isn't something profit, because the difference is only different very thin and short. So when you are tempted to do it, I'm sure it's just a throw away a lot of time for you. Trading in multiple exchanges will definitely help any trader to earn decently through arbitrage trading but I am also not sure how it will be helping to learn trading aspects. I understand he must be talking about arbitrage trading only
ducphucmmo

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:25:48 PM

I do it sometimes to grab that margin. But I'm not much succesful in doing it in the right way. So what I try to do is, keep an eye over few coins which will be pumped in next few hours. Well if that works for you then good. A lot of people also don't like transferring their coins from one exchange to another. Though i also wouldn't mind doing trades on different exchanges as the prices may vary at a certain time
tatum506

Activity: 311

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:25:56 PM

Arbitrage trading would really be useless specially when the price gaps or differences are just on small amounts because fees will only just eat us up for sure. We do have different perspective and techniques on trading and we should just stick on our old ways as long we are gaining. Its that good to have active involvement into different trading exchanges. This give the users the better knowledge about the market
GelsoAM

Activity: 158

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:38:26 PM

Yes, because there are different exchanges for different purposes and because as a margin trader i trade mainly btc/usd but of course some times i like to just trade alts.
rachelia13

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:57:22 PM

I am not trade on multiple exchanges or people call it arbitrage. To do arbitrate, we have to always monitoring market prices while i do not have enough time to do that. We also have to play fast because of the ever-changing market movements. In addition, sometimes the delivery is very slow so that when the coin arrive into the wallet, prices already down, consequently we even suffered losses.
waywethe

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:00:37 PM

I use only two major exchanges: Bittrex and Binance. In addition to other exchanges though they are good but I just prefer to use these two exchanges. It may be due to the interface or the largest number of hits in the exchange so I like these two exchanges
dutchkay

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:09:26 PM

I trade with multiple exchanges but the few times I tried arbitrage it never paid off. Due to slow confirmations and the rest of them, or coins arriving late and you end up being at loss. Even if you want to attempt it, always check exchange charges, and also knowing that wallets your moving to is enabled. Arbitrage between exchanges is becoming hard now.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:16:02 PM

There are just some coins that aren't in a big exchange so you would have to register to a new exchange to trade with it. Some exchange may sound like it really isn't known to people here in the forum like COSS but I've used it too because there is just one coin that I did try to have as investment.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
o_0_o

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:22:19 PM

my deposits are located on 4 exchanges, the most beloved Binance
hoanghoatham04

Activity: 176

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:28:14 PM

Most of the time there difference of price exists so do you withdraw bitcoins from one exchange and sell at higher rate exchange?
I have used a lot of exchanges, but most divide the property into multiple exchanges which is not good. We can easily get confused because so many exchanges we can not remember the name. So I just choose Bittrex as the only exchange

wbk940122

Activity: 376

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:07:57 PM

We can keep many transactions, and we are safe. Besides using many exchanges, it will help us to deal with many variants of Altcoin. We know that not all altcoins is covered by an exchange. So some exchanges can make us comfortable in transactions.
Dontme

Activity: 798
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:17:00 PM

Most of the time there difference of price exists so do you withdraw bitcoins from one exchange and sell at higher rate exchange?
Yes I do. I am using many exchangers and I am also looking which is mpre higher well what is important here is to earned a lot right? We are here because of money so obviously we are looking for a great and valuable exchanges.
Bayoe_noe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:19:31 PM

Yes... i think a lot of people using more than one exchange for trading... we seek to profit from the price comparison of each exchange.
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:27:47 PM

I do not do arbitrage between exchanges but I use WavesDEX, Bittrex and Binance for my daily trades.
HarryBeroe

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:08:13 PM

yes I often trade in some exchange. but not always give a profit. because when making a transfer to move to another exchange sometimes takes a long time. so the price of the coin falls further than the price we want.
btyco
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:37:50 PM

I don't bother with arbitrage because it takes a long time to do withdrawals and then you end up paying fees for nothing. I use multiple exchanges because i get to trade different types of coins

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
ariyaromadhona96

Activity: 98
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:56:38 PM

It's called arbitrage trading.  Here's why all the prices aren't the same:

-There's a "spread" on most exchanges, which is the difference between the buy and sell prices.

-Some exchanges have high fees (e.g. Coinbase)

-Some exchanges are dysfunctional (Bitfinex, BTC-E, Chinese exchanges), and some exchanges are also extremely shady/annoying when you move large amounts (BTC-E, Poloniex and more).

Overall doing arbitrage with several exchanges can get very hard.  There are some minor opportunities with the extreme price fluctuations that go on, but they're gone very fast.  I don't recommend you get involved unless you know what you're doing or you can trade with foreign exchanges (like South Korea).

Also the volume traded. And list of coin that exchanged un that exchanger . That some condition you should consider before doing arbitrage , dont try with btc , try altcoins, been doing that for a month before someone hacked my bitrex.
Kawasakinamoto

Activity: 99

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 12:56:31 AM

Yes i do, because different trading sites has different kinds of coins or cryptocurrency and if i want to trade that specific coin i need to go to that exchange that has that coin.
cr_liev

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:52:36 AM

Arbitrage trading is really profitable but you would really need to be quick in able to get the right order but i do seldom make use of this technique or trading way because as you said there are lots of factors that do affect that situation and might end up on losing money on fees instead on making money. Using multiple exchanges is normal because not all coins are being listed on each on of them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: