Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:56:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin receives a massive increase in mainstream media attention  (Read 1103 times)
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 10:14:23 PM

It is good thing that Bitcoin is now receiving coverage of the mainstream media so that we can expect more and more people to get interested and also buy some Bitcoin. However, media have this cycle that after its honeymoon stage (where the subject is portrayed as very positive) you should expect that soon there would be some quarrels where the subject can be scrutinized and can be portrayed negative. Overall, however, this can mean good thing for Bitcoin.

Well, if anything is on the media it will receive positive as well as negative views from the media. Also since most of the media is in control of Government, you will see a lot more arguments in the favor of the anti-bitcoin but we should not be worried about it. The good thing is that due to the media bitcoin will be known to many people and people are clever enough to judge if it is good for them or not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 10:22:21 PM

It is good thing that Bitcoin is now receiving coverage of the mainstream media so that we can expect more and more people to get interested and also buy some Bitcoin. However, media have this cycle that after its honeymoon stage (where the subject is portrayed as very positive) you should expect that soon there would be some quarrels where the subject can be scrutinized and can be portrayed negative. Overall, however, this can mean good thing for Bitcoin.

Well, if anything is on the media it will receive positive as well as negative views from the media. Also since most of the media is in control of Government, you will see a lot more arguments in the favor of the anti-bitcoin but we should not be worried about it. The good thing is that due to the media bitcoin will be known to many people and people are clever enough to judge if it is good for them or not.

We all know media is full of bullshit and stuffs, they can make someone a killer and everyone will just believe them because they are media, they can even make a president fear them, anything can be done by media and everyone will believe them because theynare media, what they might say to bitcoin, that will be believed in by the people.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 10:25:57 PM

Over the past couple of weeks, Bitcoin has been receiving an increase in media attention. It has been mentioned regularly by FOX news, NBC, CNBC and in magazines such as Time Magazine and the New York Times.
This can be mainly attributed to the crypto-currency’s increase in price. Bitcoin price has sky-rocketed and extrapolation of its growth shows that it will continue to increase till the momentous 2040. Moreover, the increase media attention should only increase the already amazing price.  This is because of the demand and supply paradox. Furthermore, I believe further online shops and even ‘physical’ shops would begin introducing Bitcoin, because of the spotlight that the media is shining on it. However, what could this media attention in terms of taxes and the governments? Will governments feel threatened by Bitcoin growth? Will they intervene? If Bitcoin becomes widely accepted, perhaps if it overtakes fiat, can the government find some way to enforce taxes?
I can see that media plays an important role in this industry as i can see on our local exchanger there were about 100k or so active member few years ago, now we've got more than 300k active members who regiestered out there this number has increased obviously because of spotlight of the bitcoin on the media. I'm just wondering is it good or distruction for us? since mostly they are speculators who just came to the bitcoin, hold untill they rich and dump the price. Anyway long time ago before bitcoin get famous our government had already taxed us for every single transaction that we made on that site.

Bitcoin is popular eversince it is released and all of them is because of the media. Media is one of the best ways to promote something, to make the people inform of your services. I think without media, some of us do not know what a bitcoin was, like me, I knew bitcoin the time I've watched it on TV. Let's just hope that these media will not destroy bitcoin as we know.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 10:46:23 PM

I doubt that bitcoin will overtake fiat. Yes, the mass media interested only in bitcoin's price and it's fast growth. I didn't read or see on news something about bitcoin for a long time actually. So can't say what are they telling there to people. But this can be good promotion for mass adoption of bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: