Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:11:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: That moment when you buy 1BTC at $2500  (Read 13219 times)
chixka000

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 05:45:23 AM

That moment when you buy 1BTC at $2500, and then 3 days later someone buys it at $2000. But I'm guessing that it's the risk involved in investing, so what do I do now? Sell? Or hold on them?

Hold and wait til we get into $3000 or wait probably we can go more than that this year. I have read some article just a week a go that this might be the last time that we could buy a cheap bitcoin so probably you are still in a good shape

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 10:47:50 AM

That moment when you buy 1BTC at $2500, and then 3 days later someone buys it at $2000. But I'm guessing that it's the risk involved in investing, so what do I do now? Sell? Or hold on them?
If you bought at that rate then the right thing to do is just hold on them and wait for several weeks or months for the price to pump up because there is a lot of things that is coming for bitcoin like the activation of segwit in august 1 which is the common rumor and if it is true then it will be a big hype for bitcoin that can help the price to pump at least 1000 USD from the bought price of your bitcoin so show some patience and you will earn.
Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 10:57:24 AM

Just hold it and leave it for one year. It's his fault that he bought it at $2500 anyway. People should research before invest in something and when you see something almost double in value in less than a month, you should be ready for some corrections to happen later.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 11:21:40 AM

Are you sure that you are going to sell at $2,000 while buying at $2,500? What's the essence of selling that at low price, you did only donated $500. It's better to hold it and wait for the better time and see the price of bitcoin soon at higher price. The market seems to be calm again at this moment and there will be an upcoming wave soon.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
kelceyott

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 11:29:24 AM

Of course, investment is a job that is always at risk, it can happen at any time. But with bitcoin, this sudden drop is not accidental, it's a value adjustment of the developer. But it made a lot of people lose big money.

Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 11:33:39 AM

i think you do not need to lose your heart, just hold them for some months and i am sure that the price of bitcoin in the end of this year will reach to 3000$ and if you lose heart and sell that bitcoin then it is totally risk you will lose 500$ and i think there is no risk involved investment but the time was wrong when you bought the bitcoin.
tosmartak

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2017, 11:54:45 AM

Please don't sell. Most of us have all been there. In a while, you will definitely reap the benefit of patience. The volatile nature of bitcoin is well known and it is one of the cons of bitcoin. Therefore, it is left for you to understand this and stick with it when you are purchasing bitcoin.
Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 11:56:39 AM

Of course you just have to hold it until it pumps again, if you sell it below the price you buy, you will lose your profit. Thats panic selling. Dont panic, just be patient, you dont need to rush things around you. Waiit for the right time to sell it, im sure that it will pump soon, but now you just have to hold it, hold it until you get profit, hold it until you satisfy on its price. But now, just be patient, if you dont want to regret your actions.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 12:03:39 PM

If you sell at $2000 you are in loss or getting panic selling, i will hold it till price rise again
never sell when you still at loss mate as you become a experience trader you will learn how the principle should be practice inside crypto trading
fluctuations is always present and for sure the price will move up again after this correction and the only sure thing is it will bounce back more
valuable in coming days we can't say when but it surely will.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2017, 07:58:03 PM

I've been holding for 5 years. Here's how I would look at it.

Either Bitcoin becomes insanely high in value and $USD price or it goes to Zero. You are prepared for this before you enter the market.

If Bitcoin fails, you lost $2500, but the odds of it succeeding grow with every day that it continues to exist.

Pretend that every Bitcoin you purchase is going to be worth $50,000 (for example).

You just bought a $50,000 asset for $2500. Do you realize that?

This is an approach practiced by many bag holders

It may be comforting to your hurt ego or whatever, but it doesn't allow you to earn profits and prevent losses. I guess many holders of shit coins are thinking along the same lines refusing to face the ugly truth, i.e. that they lost and this is for real. This is not to say that Bitcoin is a shit coin, this is to show how wrong such an approach is. If you see that you are losing, you shouldn't comfort yourself with delusions like "you just bought a $50,000 asset for $2500" (even if somewhere in the distant future Bitcoin will cost that much), you should try to wriggle yourself out of losses, even if that means selling at a loss. Not selling and hoping for the best may give a warm feeling, but in general this doesn't work (though it may work out once or twice), and ultimately you will be cornered

Vikingr

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 08:33:12 PM

No matter at which time you buy it and at what price you buy it if you want to get the benefit then you have to hold them for a longer period then no matter how much it reduce in price if you will keep them for longer in your wallet then you will get your profit which you expect from your investment.
FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 08:48:46 PM

Just hold it and leave it for one year. It's his fault that he bought it at $2500 anyway. People should research before invest in something and

when you see something almost double in value in less than a month, you should be ready for some corrections to happen later.

Man, I don’t know you might be onto something because the price been going up for a while now. I think that the price of Bitcoin is aiming for the right point to break and the money will start escaping from Bitcoin pretty soon and then the price of Bitcoin will go up somewhat later in the near future.

If there is only a few people trying to hoard Bitcoins then the price of Bitcoin has a huge chance for positive progress.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
farharhadi

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 10:12:02 PM

I will hold it. It depends though for what purpose you want to buy it, if you buy it only high with trade after the price will reach 3000 then wait until it reaches 2600 and sell but if you buy it for the distant future, hold this because maybe your best investment ever made it .
So many choices, of course it's up to you personally I pull bitcoin to make a PC mining. I see lots of opportunities than any other job about bitcoin at the moment.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 10:15:02 PM

If you sell at $2000 you are in loss or getting panic selling, i will hold it till price rise again

It is never a good idea to make decisions motivated by our emotions, but I personally think that it is a worse idea to make such risky decisions when we are going through a period of high volatility. It is always good to sit for a moment and wait for the storm to pass to see a clearer picture.

But if we take into account that there are many analysts who believe that bitcoin can reach even a price of $100,000 or more in the long run, buying at $2,500 does not seem such a bad idea.
fistfullofbtc

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 10:20:10 PM

make a high trade, step back wait a month. could you really make 25% again if you sell, possibly but will be stressful. some people live and die from last 5 minutes of trading, so much nervousness, you cant get these returns in a bank.
UCHCHILD

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 10:22:40 PM

I guess you better hold your coins because firstly you have to think you gonna lose 500$ in one snap, you better think that sooner bitcoin will rises up and you are going to gain profits in your patience of waiting for the to get higher.
Do not be  one of the panic sellers who sell their coins because of the fluctuations despite of going down of the price have faith that it will rise again sooner, that is how investors think.
btcbug

Activity: 399

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 04:33:01 AM

I've been holding for 5 years. Here's how I would look at it.

Either Bitcoin becomes insanely high in value and $USD price or it goes to Zero. You are prepared for this before you enter the market.

If Bitcoin fails, you lost $2500, but the odds of it succeeding grow with every day that it continues to exist.

Pretend that every Bitcoin you purchase is going to be worth $50,000 (for example).

You just bought a $50,000 asset for $2500. Do you realize that?

This is an approach practiced by many bag holders

It may be comforting to your hurt ego or whatever, but it doesn't allow you to earn profits and prevent losses. I guess many holders of shit coins are thinking along the same lines refusing to face the ugly truth, i.e. that they lost and this is for real. This is not to say that Bitcoin is a shit coin, this is to show how wrong such an approach is. If you see that you are losing, you shouldn't comfort yourself with delusions like "you just bought a $50,000 asset for $2500" (even if somewhere in the distant future Bitcoin will cost that much), you should try to wriggle yourself out of losses, even if that means selling at a loss. Not selling and hoping for the best may give a warm feeling, but in general this doesn't work (though it may work out once or twice), and ultimately you will be cornered

Oh I'm sure it is delusional thinking in some cases. I've sold a few shit coins at a loss don't worry!

My opinion however, is why even invest if you have absolutely zero conviction? Don't be married to your investments, I get that, but buying at $2500 and then immediately bailing because the price went down is just ridiculous and shows that one shouldn't be investing in the first place.

Even something as simple as looking at the 5 year chart and seeing how the current run-up looks in that context. You don't even need to know anything about technical analysis, just simply look at the chart and volatile it is.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 04:54:07 AM

Don't be some weak handed, sloppy meathead rent boy who buys high and sells low.  That route is for pikers and you'll never make money.   Since you shouldn't invest the rent money,  you can afford to hold onto your bitcoin for a bit, no?  There's no rush to sell, yes?   So there you have it.   Nobody in their right mind is going to tell you to sell.  Look where we are.   This is a bitcoin forum, not the wailing wall in Jerusalem.
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 05:00:12 AM

Now it is happened mostly people see when bitcoin everyday is going to up than mostly people have bought the bitcoin in $2500 and surprisingly on the other day, bitcoin has started to come back, it is really worried for those people who buy the bitcoin in $2500. But i will advice to them, should hold bitcoin, of course bitcoin will be cross $2500 in this year.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
coynedterm

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 05:13:41 AM

Here I have three option for you . I hope you will like it .
1) Invest your money in the altcoins like ETH , dash ,DGB , ripple , monero coins because the people are now starting to make interest more in these types of the altcoins because Thier future will also be like the Bitcoin . So investment in such altcoin will also be the best option for you to recover your loss and also get profit .
2) Hold your Bitcoin , because demand increasing and supply day by day decreasing , so it is better option to make money with patience .
3) Invest your Bitcoin in yobit.net exchange for the interest of 6% per month ( in the investment box ) .
These are the three best way to increase the amount of the Bitcoin in my opinion without risk .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████