Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 01:56:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What will happen to the price ?  (Voting closed: May 08, 2013, 02:13:53 AM)
going up - 14 (9.5%)
going down - 49 (33.3%)
-20% - 12 (8.2%)
-30% - 29 (19.7%)
nothing! - 43 (29.3%)
Total Voters: 147

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [VOTING] COINLAB SUE VS GOX | Price Predicition?  (Read 2950 times)
candoo (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:13:53 AM

So?

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
BitPirate

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:21:27 AM

So?

Deal that didn't go through isn't going through?

"Credible silicon valley-backed " exchange sues for $75m because they can't get free customers?

Fuck 'em.

The price already fell.

pera

Activity: 532
Merit: 261

­バカ

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:22:43 AM

hah I just can say one thing: make some coffee because we are going to have a wild night Wink

キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!
UltimateReaper

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:23:02 AM

All I care about is increasing my BTC, I realized how dumb I was for not taking advantage at 115. Never again. Was half a sleep today, but now I see. price is struggling around 100 right now. Oh boy.
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 03:21:27 AM

I'm not sure about the BTC price, but I certainly won't be leaving any BTC with gox.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
myself
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:25:58 AM

for the price this is extremely good news because US residents wont have to fill shitloads of papers and forms

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
Inedible

Activity: 700

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:30:25 AM

Price has barely budged since news was announced.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
BIGMERVE

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 03:39:32 AM

Oh it will...

dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 03:58:44 AM

for the price this is extremely good news because US residents wont have to fill shitloads of papers and forms

I agree that it's good news for US residents.

Now you can go back to using Mt. Gox directly if you want instead of the prospect of being forced to go through coinlab instead.

The whole situation is quite funny, because it illustrates how many conflicts of interest there were with this deal.

Now you have the Executive Director of the bitcoinfoundation, suing the bitcoinfoundation platium member Mt Gox for 75 Million dollars...who's owner also sits on the bitcoinfoundation board

I can imagine the bitcoinfoundation board meetings are a tad awkward.
Inedible

Activity: 700

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:01:53 AM

I can imagine the bitcoinfoundation board meetings are a tad awkward.

Peter: Can someone tell Mark to pass the water.
Mark: Can someone tell Peter he can have his water in 8 months time after contract details are finalised at which point he can't have any.
Others: Awkward stares...

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
EuroTrash

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:52:52 AM

Assumptions:

1. users will want to take their savings the f*ck out, for fear their assets will be frozen otherwise.
2. Most users are, at best, verified status so they can't take out more than 100 btc/day or 10000 usd or eur /day. And not more than 50000 usd or eur per month anyway.

Assumption 2 will slow down the exodus of cash/coins.

Scenario 1: people try to get their cash out. Lots of fiat is removed from the market. Queues for withdrawals go up to the roof, and so do withdrawal delays. The removal of cash from the market causes utter price drops.

Scenario 2: people try to avoid delays in scenario 1 and try to get their btcs out to a different exchange. Price spiking in the long term due to the race to buy btcs and get the f out asap. (Bit like bitcoin-24 last days before official news of bank account being frozen).

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>
Beta-coiner1

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:37:11 AM

Oh it will...
A lot of US individuals are currently sleeping,this will definitely have an affect on the price and expect a major sell-off.

bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:29:26 AM

i hope they put gox out of business.   it would do the bitcoin world a favor.
superduh

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:32:35 AM

Assumptions:

1. users will want to take their savings the f*ck out, for fear their assets will be frozen otherwise.
2. Most users are, at best, verified status so they can't take out more than 100 btc/day or 10000 usd or eur /day. And not more than 50000 usd or eur per month anyway.

Assumption 2 will slow down the exodus of cash/coins.

Scenario 1: people try to get their cash out. Lots of fiat is removed from the market. Queues for withdrawals go up to the roof, and so do withdrawal delays. The removal of cash from the market causes utter price drops.

Scenario 2: people try to avoid delays in scenario 1 and try to get their btcs out to a different exchange. Price spiking in the long term due to the race to buy btcs and get the f out asap. (Bit like bitcoin-24 last days before official news of bank account being frozen).

the lawsuit does not give coinlab the legal right to take people's money. mtgox does not OWN that money. they can go after mtgox's money though

ok
massivebitman

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 06:34:37 AM

i hope they put gox out of business.   it would do the bitcoin world a favor.
+1

zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:40:00 AM

The question is if MtGox will need additional cash for the process and start selling bitcoins for it.
EuroTrash

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:55:30 AM

the lawsuit does not give coinlab the legal right to take people's money. mtgox does not OWN that money. they can go after mtgox's money though

I unfortunately disagree.  Sad an exchange is not much different from a bank. With the difference that it's backed by no legislation to protect us.
Our Gox balance (fiat, btc) is money that Gox owes us. We are, in fact, Gox creditors. Guess what happens if Gox goes bankrupt...

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>
Zaih

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:20:38 AM

voted up because i currently have bitcoins and I'm a mainstream speculation poster whereby all my posts are an attempt to manipulate prices in my favour Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
superduh

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:11:02 PM

I unfortunately disagree.  Sad an exchange is not much different from a bank. With the difference that it's backed by no legislation to protect us.
Our Gox balance (fiat, btc) is money that Gox owes us. We are, in fact, Gox creditors. Guess what happens if Gox goes bankrupt...

the difference is that banks LEND out your money (fractional reserve) they don't have people's money on hand.
it is legal and this is why they run out of money when people start defaulting on loans.
mtgox does not lend out coins or cash so everything they keep is 1:1
that money is not theirs
it's like NASDAQ being sued and them selling peoples' shares in stocks is a better example - can't happen.

when a bank gets suedthey are supposed to pay out of their money unless they are allowed to lend to themselves (which i'm not sure)

ok
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:15:31 PM

the difference is that banks LEND out your money (fractional reserve) they don't have people's money on hand.
it is legal and this is why they run out of money when people start defaulting on loans.
mtgox does not lend out coins or cash so everything they keep is 1:1
that money is not theirs
it's like NASDAQ being sued and them selling peoples' shares in stocks is a better example - can't happen.

when a bank gets suedthey are supposed to pay out of their money unless they are allowed to lend to themselves (which i'm not sure)

But it COULD all be seized by the police and released only after a lengthy legal process.

more or less retired.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: