Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:40:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Bars VS. coins What is better?
Bars - 78 (41.9%)
Coins - 108 (58.1%)
Total Voters: 186

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]New Crypto-Currency BAR!! BitBar consolidating your digital wealth  (Read 16880 times)
TruCoin (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:55:27 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 07:15:02 PM by TruCoin

BitBar -Cryto-Gold-Bars makes collecting your Cryto wealth to one simple secure location.
This is no simple Alt-coin shake and bake coin.Much hard work came to play when developing this superior Cryto-Bar
Most alt coins bring nothing new to the table. this Bar changes the game
Updated   2/23/2014
look at the specs:
Get your digital gold bar !

Ultra-Rare
POW+POS
Fast, continuous difficulty and reward calculation
Fair start:
no foreign forum pre release
no premine
no slow diff corrections for hours of instamining
no super-blocks at start
all binaries available
reward of 1 BTB per 10 minutes and quickly dropping
scrypt hashing

BitBar is not just another simple litecoin 30 minutes done clone.
Increasing reward and speed is easy.
Those networks are more vulnerable to double spend, spam and dust, but it works.
Even bigger problem is coming. Soon, outdated difficulty adjustment will crash those networks.
Decreasing reward in Bitbar is not just a quick move.
Every parameter is simulated and than tested on a live alpha network.
-no more rounding of reward down to two decimals
-heavily reduced Stake low-limit for small number of Bars
-adequately decreased fees
-new dynamic first connection and search for new nodes. Doesn't need client update for fixing connections.

Scrypt chasing itself is no longer chain-jumping anti-resonance protection. Bitbar includes modified PPC's 'exponential moving average' difficulty/reward adjustment introduced in NVC. It's modified in a way that reward decreases a little slower, so first players don't have so much advantage over later ones.
With simulations and testing, chain should operate smoothly for years.
no resonance,
no high-diff crash,
no high-fee problems,
no spam and dust problem,
no connections problem.
We take lessons from competitors mistakes.

BitBar had me at Doesn't need client update for fixing connections.

it was only logical that Bitcoin would spark the creation of a truly innovative and brilliant cryto-currency . This is truly the gold bar to rule all the coins

it took the creation of BitBar to get me into the forum
i am not a developer . I am just a person inspired by this currency  Grin

Updates for BitBar: Exchages , Pools , ECT.
[ANN] BitBar exchange. BitBars.net

Updated   2/23/2014

BitBar information Website

http://www.BitBars.net

BitBar Forum

http://www.bitbars.net/forum  

BitBar Auction Post Buy & Sell Orders
 http://www.bitbars.net/forum  

"NEW" BitBar exchange

http://www.bitbars.net/bitbar-exchange/

"NEW" BitBar ChatBox

http://www.bitbars.net/

"NEW" BitBar pools

http://btb.binarycoins.eu/ seems to be the best pool so far for BitBar

New BitBar Client Wallet Download
http://www.bitbars.net/downloads-bitbar-wallet/

Updated   2/23/2014

TruCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:01:06 AM

reserve

Sunny King
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 03:01:31 AM

It's a trivial clone. It can be done on a weekend for a programmer familiar with forking bitcoin, maybe a few days more to get familiar with ppcoin. Most of your touted innovations were actually done by me, with ppcoin.
TruCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:09:15 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2013, 03:26:45 AM by TruCoin

It's a trivial clone. It can be done on a weekend for a programmer familiar with forking bitcoin, maybe a few days more to get familiar with ppcoin. All your touted innovations are actually done by me.

easy it may be but the fact the developer took the time to do and put the concept together is were the brilliance is. People always have great ideas but rarely act on them. Look at google and facebook i am sure many programmers could but together a social network but lack the will to do so. Many programmers could have done Bitcoin but never did it before satoshi. its the taking of action and creation that inspires me about this currency.

Thank you Sunny King for your innovations

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 03:09:47 AM

A whole weekend? Really?

What does it take to do the centralised node checkpoints part?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 03:14:49 AM

It's a trivial clone. It can be done on a weekend for a programmer familiar with forking bitcoin, maybe a few days more to get familiar with ppcoin. All your touted innovations are actually done by me.

easy it may be but the fact the developer took the time to do and put the concept together is were the brilliance is. People always have great ideas but rarely act on them. Look at google and facebook i am sure many programmers could but together a social network but lake the will to do so. Many programmers could replicate Bitcoin but never did it before satoshi. its the taking of action and creation that inspires me about this currency.

I have bolded a crucial word that you seem to have missed in Sunny's post.

kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:14:54 AM

It's a trivial clone. It can be done on a weekend for a programmer familiar with forking bitcoin, maybe a few days more to get familiar with ppcoin. Most of your touted innovations were actually done by me, with ppcoin.

Yes, credit is due for the truly innovative ppcoin, you are a great developer, but BitBar really put the pieces together for me, a super high value/rare scrypt PoW+PoS coin with no pre-mine fiasco.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:15:53 AM

easy it may be but the fact the developer took the time to do and put the concept together is were the brilliance is. People always have great ideas but rarely act on them. Look at google and facebook i am sure many programmers could but together a social network but *lack* the will to do so. Many programmers could replicate Bitcoin but never did it before satoshi. its the taking of action and creation that inspires me about this currency.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Sunny King is not saying that he used his ideas.  He's saying that he used his code.

And how could you replicate Bitcoin before it was made???

Replicate - sort of copying

I think you have your definition screwed up.

Here's an analogy:
You think that person who coded bitbar like satoshi.
Actually Sunny King is like satoshi.
Sunny King
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 03:16:14 AM

A whole weekend? Really?

What does it take to do the centralised node checkpoints part?

-MarkM-

Yes I might have overestimated Wink Checkpoint part is not hard, Balthazar figured it out himself no problem, you just need to replace a key and switch a node to be master.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 03:16:25 AM

BitBar really put the pieces together for me, a super high value/rare scrypt PoW+PoS coin with no pre-mine fiasco.

Except that the pre-mine was a fiasco! We watched it being pre-mined, some of us even participated in the pre-mine!

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
chriswen

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:16:57 AM

easy it may be but the fact the developer took the time to do and put the concept together is were the brilliance is. People always have great ideas but rarely act on them. Look at google and facebook i am sure many programmers could but together a social network but lake the will to do so. Many programmers could replicate Bitcoin but never did it before satoshi. its the taking of action and creation that inspires me about this currency.

I have bolded a crucial word that you seem to have missed in Sunny's post.

done =/= thought of
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:19:05 AM

BitBar really put the pieces together for me, a super high value/rare scrypt PoW+PoS coin with no pre-mine fiasco.

Except that the pre-mine was a fiasco! We watched it being pre-mined, some of us even particupated in the pre-mine!

-MarkM-

There was no pre-mine, I started mining it immediately after I saw the forum post, I have no connection with the coin beforehand. When I opened the qt client and started solo mining, it was on block 19 for god sakes. There was no pre-mine. Yes some high powered miners joined in, that's not pre-mine, if you had the hardware, you could do it too.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 03:20:08 AM

Latest posts in the bar's own thread seem to indicate too that maybe the pre-mining is now over, but, also that might be it, the actual mining isn't even goinf to get started, the chain is stuck already maybe...

-MarkM-

chriswen

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:20:41 AM

Except that the pre-mine was a fiasco! We watched it being pre-mined, some of us even particupated in the pre-mine!

-MarkM-

There was no pre-mine, I started mining it immediately after I saw the forum post, I have no connection with the coin beforehand. When I opened the qt client and started solo mining, it was on block 19 for god sakes. There was no pre-mine. Yes some high powered miners joined in, that's not pre-mine, if you had the hardware, you could do it too.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101820.msg1114884#msg1114884

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 03:22:09 AM

Anyone could've, it didn't need big hardware, they set the difficulty so insanely low even just one modern CPU (a few cores) could have spewed out blocks faster than the target time between blocks. One GPU could have spewed them out ridiculously fast.

It was a public pre-mine right in front of our eyes.

-MarkM-

alex_fun

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:23:11 AM

I can offer ultra rare small change coins Smiley reward 4 coins per block. the bitbar idea is yet to be understood Smiley

TruCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:23:28 AM

i am sorry i am a newbie just excited about this currency didn't know your accomplishments thanks for your work

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 03:24:46 AM

Yes, exactly, the original PPCoin demonstrated that the difficulty was too low even way back then.

However much NoVaCoin increased it presumably also was not enough?

So by the time BitBar came out it should have been apparent that even more increase was needed...

-MarkM-

Sunny King
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 03:28:51 AM

i am sorry i am a newbie just excited about this currency didn't know your accomplishments thanks for your work

Oh no problem welcome to the world of cryptocurrency Smiley
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 03:34:34 AM

SunnyKing = most unappreciated dev on forum
PPCoin = most unappreciated altcoin

Shocked

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print