Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:55:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammers that scammed me tonight...  (Read 2006 times)
inetpromo

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:28:43 PM

Sorry to hear about that.  I'm just getting involved and this is some good info for newbies.  How long should someones account be active before you trade with them?   Also since I am new should I not expect anyone to trade with me because of my "newness"?
Fighting Irish

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:51:12 PM

Not to be mean and kick a man when he is down, but 3 TIMES in one night???
jetset220 (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:00:05 PM

Thank you for the link

Ray
jetset220 (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:02:10 PM

Sorry to hear about that.  I'm just getting involved and this is some good info for newbies.  How long should someones account be active before you trade with them?   Also since I am new should I not expect anyone to trade with me because of my "newness"?

You will have to send first. I would review a user's profile and postings in more detail before I would trade here again.

I did a decent amount of homework. It was the classic scam, one user vouching for another, but, both were the same person and I got scammed.

Ray
Trading
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 09:05:05 PM

Open a thread for each of the alleged scammers on the scammer directory (including the guy that had the nerve to post in this thread: shame on him, no one can claim lack of answer to non fulfillment of a deal) and present evidence (better use scans, ops have more to do than read all the PM).
As just said, forget about trusting based on post count or status, look to vouches and never do a deal before searching the user. In case of any doubt, always send small tranches, waiting each time for his payment before sending the next one. Don't trust any user that doesn't accept to deal in small tranches. Also, ask for the address of the other party and search it on blockchain.info or cryptocoinexplorer.com to confirm he has the amounts he is claiming to have in his account.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
Trading
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 09:07:54 PM

To big amounts, you can always use a escrow. A cheap and simple one is the system of bitmit.net

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
jetset220 (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 09:17:33 PM

Open a thread for each of the alleged scammers on the scammer directory (including the guy that had the nerve to post in this thread: shame on him, no one can claim lack of answer to non fulfillment of a deal) and present evidence (better use scans, ops have more to do than read all the PM).
As just said, forget about trusting based on post count or status, look to vouches and never do a deal before searching the user. In case of any doubt, always send small tranches, waiting each time for his payment before sending the next one. Don't trust any user that doesn't accept to deal in small tranches. Also, ask for the address of the other party and search it on blockchain.info or cryptocoinexplorer.com to confirm he has the amounts he is claiming to have in his account.

Thank you for the tips. I made a thread in the scammers section for FoundNemo, limitless and bitmank. I included screenshots and quoted the pm with their LTC addresses that they sent.

Ray
MrSmirf

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 09:26:32 PM

Thats rough...but why would you engage in so many transactions all at once ...
jetset220 (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 09:32:20 PM

Thats rough...but why would you engage in so many transactions all at once ...

I was a newbie

it was 3 separate transactions by 2 jr members and a newbie.

I have since learned better.  I am trying to spread the knowledge.

Ray
Trading
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 09:42:15 PM

Never be ashamed for being scammed, the shame is on them. Good luck.

jetset220 (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 10:03:22 PM

Never be ashamed for being scammed, the shame is on them. Good luck.

I 100% agree.

Ray
carebear

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 10:19:37 PM

Well, you need to learn who you put your trust into.
ilovebitbit

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 10:26:50 PM

BTCMANK just sent me message saying he wanted pp.. Do you think someones hacking his account? or what? This is shameful.. OP sorry they rip u and now we all are wiser who we trade with
kderaymond

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 10:37:07 PM

BTCMANK just sent me message saying he wanted pp.. Do you think someones hacking his account? or what? This is shameful.. OP sorry they rip u and now we all are wiser who we trade with

I probably wouldn't deal with him until everything is resolved. Even if it is you can't be too careful.
ilovebitbit

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 10:53:32 PM

He did the stupid thing on telling me his real name.. His name is Joshua Murphy from New Jersey.. U guys should file a police report he's the biggest hacker and scammer... and i googled him : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=131107.30;wap

sad!
jetset220 (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 11:53:25 PM

I probably wouldn't deal with him until everything is resolved. Even if it is you can't be too careful.

RUN from btcmank.

Use bitcrow.com to buy and bitmit.net to sell, then he cant scam you
BitshireHashaway

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 04:58:50 AM

Did you go first for all of the trades and as a result lost the amount? I would do a test run first or similar, what were you purchasing, that's a descent chunk of loss money. Also, you may want to just stop going first for a while until you feel comfortable again, it may result in less trades but now there is a 0% risk versus before. Best of luck, and I'm sorry this happened to you.
SageDB

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 05:00:38 AM

I wouldn't think it wise to send more than a few LTC at a time to anyone without trusted escrow.
Coinbanker

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

bitcoin supporter

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 10:16:25 AM

You must be scammed by one guy. Maybe he used different accounts. lol

Donate: 167TvxJb6zSeyd5C921r5CR9Ht91ioZdQM
zero3112

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 07:05:23 PM

Wow alot of scammer in one day.  You not the only ones lot of others where scammed too. Scammers are now faking an escrow. They can spoof email and edit messages nothing can be trusted anymore.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: