Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:47:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - US-based Exchange w/ Margin Trading - OPEN BETA  (Read 14260 times)
Hfleer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 10:31:35 AM

In light of recent events, we just wanted you guys to know that we’re on the motherfucker.  Go back in there, chill out and wait for the cavalry which should be coming directly:  https://beta.kraken.com

Target launch for real trading is mid next week.  Beta accounts are auto-funded with funny money and will be wiped at launch.  Actual deposits/withdrawals are disabled.  Address support issues to beta-support@<domain>

Any way to update the post here to reflect current situation.  Seems like it's a bit out of date.  I see Dargo is answering some of the questions now.  Just came here to check on the status, but don't want to read through the whole thread.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nitrous

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 10:35:25 AM

Any way to update the post here to reflect current situation.  Seems like it's a bit out of date.  I see Dargo is answering some of the questions now.  Just came here to check on the status, but don't want to read through the whole thread.
Hi Hfleer, here are the last two status updates from Dargo:

any date for the launch in sight?
We don't have a date, but the "to do before launch" list is getting pretty short.  Smiley
But some of the things on the list are hard to get an ETA for, so it's hard to be specific.

Is there any word on Kraken release date? /cet
We're waiting on a few things that could fall into place anytime now, but could also take a while longer, so it's hard to say anything definite about a launch date. Hang in there, we're doing everything we can to make it sooner than later.   

Donations: 1Q2EN7TzJ6z82xvmQrRoQoMf3Tf4rMCyvL
MtGox API v2 Unofficial Documentation: https://bitbucket.org/nitrous/mtgox-api/overview
MtGox API v2 Unofficial Documentation Forum Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=164404.0
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:17:18 PM

Thank you very much, that's great Smiley Are there any plans to reduce the limit for orders in the future? I remember using the beta a while ago and finding that I couldn't close a position because I had exceeded the rate limit.

Not that I know of, but our plans are flexible and we want to do everything we can to meet the needs of our clients (ya know, within reason, given certain limitations, the resources at our disposal and all that) - so please continue to communicate with us about what features you'd like to have. Since you hit the rate limit in beta trading with fake money, there's some question as to whether it would be an issue for you trading with real money, but if so let us know.   

Ok, I understand that the clearing algorithms can be quite taxing so it's a good thing that you're enforcing some conservative limits. This is probably what other exchanges have got wrong in the past and the reason for their crashes, so this is some good forethought, though hopefully you'll be able to reduce the limit as you grow and get new resources. Yeah most likely; it was my first time on the beta and I went a little overboard with trading Wink

Yeah, we could probably reduce the limit in the future, and it'd be even more likely if enough users let us know they need a lower limit.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:25:00 PM

The limit for sustained orders is about 1 per minute.

This strikes me as crazy too low, by about two orders of magnitude.

So you're saying that you need to trade at a sustained rate around 1 order every half second?

No, but that would be a nice margin of safety. An average rate of 1 order every few seconds is not crazy.

I see, just wanted to make sure I understood your suggestion. It's not crazy, but also not something we'll be able to accommodate at launch. Possibly later though.
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:24:00 PM

Any ETA for Kraken to go out of beta for live trading?
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 10:56:46 PM

Any ETA for Kraken to go out of beta for live trading?

I'd love to give an ETA, but  Lips sealed can't. We're just trying to avoid projections at this point since they can be unreliable and a set-up for disappointment. We've made great progress in the last few weeks, but depending on how things go it could still be a while before we're able to take certain services live.     
kakobrekla

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 12:21:31 AM

Target launch for real trading is mid next week.  

May 3rd. Just keepin a record.

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 04:13:18 PM

I'm using the BETA, but I get the following error when I try to log in:

BTW, nice site, hope it can go live soon.

Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 05:19:17 PM

Should be fixed now - let me know if you are still having issues.

Thanks - we're hoping to go live soon too.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:59:00 PM

Should be fixed now - let me know if you are still having issues.

Thanks - we're hoping to go live soon too.

Fixed.

LeChatNoir

Activity: 699
Merit: 501

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 02:42:11 PM

I was trying to develop a liquidity provider algo to this exchange but it's impossible to work with current rate limits.
I'm receiving the error rate limit exceeded even if i post one request every 6 seconds.
That limit is ridiculously low for developing trading bots.
Hope you will find a way to allow at least 1 order or request per second in the future, this is a very serious issue for an exchange that wants to attract liquidity and be competitive.   
Can you please write of these limits in the API page?
It sucks to lose 3 working days to code something big and then realizing it can't work because of this ridiculous low rate limit!

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:47:18 PM

I was trying to develop a liquidity provider algo to this exchange but it's impossible to work with current rate limits.
I'm receiving the error rate limit exceeded even if i post one request every 6 seconds.
That limit is ridiculously low for developing trading bots.
Hope you will find a way to allow at least 1 order or request per second in the future, this is a very serious issue for an exchange that wants to attract liquidity and be competitive.   
Can you please write of these limits in the API page?
It sucks to lose 3 working days to code something big and then realizing it can't work because of this ridiculous low rate limit!

Hi - It's not a big deal, but you've necroed our beta thread. We have a post-launch thread now and that's the best place to post stuff (it's in this same subforum). 

I agree that if you're trying to operate as a liquidity provider or market maker, the standard limits aren't nearly enough. But we do offer higher limits for people who will be acting as liquidity providers. Just create a support ticket about it and PM me with the ticket number.

The standard rate limit should allow for 1 call every 5 seconds, so I'm not sure why you're having trouble with 1 call every 6 seconds.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: