Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:16:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - US-based Exchange w/ Margin Trading - OPEN BETA  (Read 14263 times)
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 09:22:26 PM

I understand there are two types of trades, "currency trades" where I actually own and can withdraw my bitcoins I buy and also pair trades where I open a position but do not actually own the coins.

If I make a pair-trade does it actually affect the price of bitcoin on your server?  Or do only currency-trades affect the price of bitcoin.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 10:31:41 PM

I understand there are two types of trades, "currency trades" where I actually own and can withdraw my bitcoins I buy and also pair trades where I open a position but do not actually own the coins.

If I make a pair-trade does it actually affect the price of bitcoin on your server?  Or do only currency-trades affect the price of bitcoin.

Pair trades also affect price because there is real buying/selling on the exchange behind the pair trade. See also my responses to codesuela, who had a similar question.
btcx (OP)
VIP

Activity: 302
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 07:00:18 PM

or just editable fields in the current order thats active, would make more sense to me..  no need to fully replace with a new order ..
then again. i dont know how you guys. did your developments so..   i'm guessing it's not that easy as it looks to make some fields editable in active order.

good luck Wink

It could be done but you'd lose priority.. it'd be the same as creating a new order, maybe just a little more convenient. 

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Namecoin, Dogecoin, Ripple, Stellar, US dollar, euro, British pound, Canadian dollar and Japanese yen exchange:  https://www.kraken.com
cet

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:54:39 AM

Hi Dargo -
What kind of documentation is going to be required to open a kraken account?  And how will you want it delivered?

/cet
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:42:09 PM

Hi Dargo -
What kind of documentation is going to be required to open a kraken account?  And how will you want it delivered?

/cet

cet,

I'll have to check on the details, but documentation shouldn't be anything that you will need advance time to prepare (assuming you have a government issued ID). Delivery will be a matter of uploading pics of the documents from a special page on our site. All this will be made very clear at launch. Till then it's possible things can change, so don't take anything I say about it as definite.

cet

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 08:07:04 PM

Hi Dargo -

/cet

cet,

I'll have to check on the details, but documentation shouldn't be anything that you will need advance time to prepare (assuming you have a government issued ID). Delivery will be a matter of uploading pics of the documents from a special page on our site. All this will be made very clear at launch. Till then it's possible things can change, so don't take anything I say about it as definite.

sounds good - much easier than mt gox.  I'm finding that apstille certification requirement for getting trusted status with very painful.  My state loves to reject apstille requests for apparently no reason and having an easier document verification process would be a significant selling point for using kraken service.

Are you still on target for starting service this month?
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 08:28:37 PM

Hi Dargo -

/cet

cet,

sounds good - much easier than mt gox.  I'm finding that apstille certification requirement for getting trusted status with very painful.  My state loves to reject apstille requests for apparently no reason and having an easier document verification process would be a significant selling point for using kraken service.

Are you still on target for starting service this month?

Yeah, I think our process will be easier than Gox, but we do have to collect sufficient info to be fully compliant. A launch this month looks quite possible at this point.
wonkytonky

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 10:47:07 AM

common guys.. release the kraken Wink

Whatever. And no you haven’t been in bitcoin since 2010. Plus if you really feel the way you do. Then sell. Have conviction. If not keep pounding sand.
2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 05:48:09 AM

Do you currently support ACH withdrawals for US customers?

Also, I signed up, but I couldn't activate my account.  I'm sent you a PM regarding my issue.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 07:42:06 PM

Do you currently support ACH withdrawals for US customers?

Not now, but we will once live trading for US customers starts.

Also, I signed up, but I couldn't activate my account.  I'm sent you a PM regarding my issue.

Got it, and we are looking into the issue.
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2388
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 09:48:37 PM

let me ask something allready asked but not realy clarified:

the demo uses MtGox market data right? once launched Kraken will be it's own and only market?

Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 10:29:22 PM

the demo uses MtGox market data right? once launched Kraken will be it's own and only market?

Yes, in beta mode, our order book derives from Gox's order book (it's similar, but not exactly of course). Once we launch, Kraken will be it's own market.
RoadTrain
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:36:41 AM

Yes, in beta mode, our order book derives from Gox's order book (it's similar, but not exactly of course). Once we launch, Kraken will be it's own market.
Will there be an active market-making or orderbook will be filled by users only (low liquidity).
myself
Legendary

Activity: 938

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 10:36:31 AM

Will there be an active market-making or orderbook will be filled by users only (low liquidity).
if they dont link to mtgox the trading will be pretty much dead

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 11:45:48 AM

mtgox itself is pretty much dead. at least declining like hell.

kraken can link to bitstamp like bitfinex does

myself
Legendary

Activity: 938

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 03:37:55 PM

stop posting in blue ffs cant read shit

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
S3052
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 06:07:27 PM

what is ffs?

edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 01:48:40 PM

what is ffs?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=FFS

Still around.
S3052
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 03:19:09 PM

what is ffs?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=FFS

Alright

capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2388
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 03:22:58 PM

stop flooding people, back to topic