Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:46:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - US-based Exchange w/ Margin Trading - OPEN BETA  (Read 14263 times)
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 05:48:38 PM

stop flooding people, back to topic

any date for the launch in sight?

We don't have a date, but the "to do before launch" list is getting pretty short.  Smiley

But some of the things on the list are hard to get an ETA for, so it's hard to be specific.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cet

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:00:47 PM

One thing I've noticed is that the history chart on the top bar is difficult to trigger into a drop down, and once you get the full size version then it's also difficult to tell it to go away.  I'd suggest you put a couple of buttons on the chart to make it more obvious how to interact with it. 

I'd also suggest that you do a proto type of the interface to supply required identity documentation and test that out before going live.

/cet
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 09:55:11 PM

One thing I've noticed is that the history chart on the top bar is difficult to trigger into a drop down, and once you get the full size version then it's also difficult to tell it to go away.  I'd suggest you put a couple of buttons on the chart to make it more obvious how to interact with it. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I what sense is the chart difficult to trigger into a drop down? It should drop when you click on the little chart symbol. That seems easy, but maybe you just mean it's hard to know that clicking on the little chart will make a chart drop down. 

I'd also suggest that you do a proto type of the interface to supply required identity documentation and test that out before going live.

/cet

The interface will be tested carefully before launch. If you're suggesting we test it out with actual users in beta before launch, we might do something like that but it's not certain. It's hard to just test it out with users if the users are providing real info/documents - in that case we're doing it for real anyway.
cet

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 01:15:12 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. I what sense is the chart difficult to trigger into a drop down? It should drop when you click on the little chart symbol. That seems easy, but maybe you just mean it's hard to know that clicking on the little chart will make a chart drop down. 

I was trying to play with the history chart using an ipad.  Each time I clicked on the chart it would adjust the position of the red line showing the closing price, high and low of the day but wouldn't change the size frome the little button to the large version.  Once the large version popped up then it woulnd't change back to the small version.  I didn't haven any problem when I was using the regular pc version.

/cet
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 03:31:50 PM

its good that you try to solve the problems before the official start , others do the opposite way  Wink

Mooshire

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:56:14 PM

its good that you try to solve the problems before the official start , others do the opposite way  Wink

This is sadly all too true.

Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 05:28:53 PM

I was trying to play with the history chart using an ipad.  Each time I clicked on the chart it would adjust the position of the red line showing the closing price, high and low of the day but wouldn't change the size frome the little button to the large version.  Once the large version popped up then it woulnd't change back to the small version.  I didn't haven any problem when I was using the regular pc version.

/cet

I see - thanks for the clarification. We'll look into this. Clicking on the little chart also works for closing the chart, but you probably tried that. It may be that the little chart is broken as a button for open/close with iPad. Can you tell me what version of Safari you are running on your iPad and whether you have java script enabled?
cet

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 05:55:52 PM

I see - thanks for the clarification. We'll look into this. Clicking on the little chart also works for closing the chart, but you probably tried that. It may be that the little chart is broken as a button for open/close with iPad. Can you tell me what version of Safari you are running on your iPad and whether you have java script enabled?

I'm running mobile safari 5.1 for iOS 5.1, javascript enabled.
/cet
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 11:47:14 PM

I'm running mobile safari 5.1 for iOS 5.1, javascript enabled.
/cet

Thanks - I realize now the I knew the version you have from discussion of a different issue.
cet

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:45:40 PM

Is there any word on Kraken release date?

/cet
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:04:17 PM

Is there any word on Kraken release date?

/cet

We're waiting on a few things that could fall into place anytime now, but could also take a while longer, so it's hard to say anything definite about a launch date. Hang in there, we're doing everything we can to make it sooner than later.   
nitrous

Activity: 246

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 03:59:54 PM

Hi Dargo,

Can you clarify some points regarding the API?

1) What is the request/throttle limit before getting banned, if any? (e.g. 1 request per second)

2) Will you allow users to download all previous trade data with https://api.kraken.com/0/public/Trades? Many users have a need for bulk trade data, but this can cause undue load on API servers (hence MtGox's plan to provide a Google bigquery database), so if you don't want to support bulk data through this API method please consider an alternative way to access this data Smiley

3) Are there any plans to implement a socket API for realtime data?

Thanks, I look forward to your release Cheesy

Donations: 1Q2EN7TzJ6z82xvmQrRoQoMf3Tf4rMCyvL
MtGox API v2 Unofficial Documentation: https://bitbucket.org/nitrous/mtgox-api/overview
MtGox API v2 Unofficial Documentation Forum Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=164404.0
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 06:14:12 PM

^^^ nitrous, I've passed your questions to the dev responsible for the API. Will let you know as soon as I hear back.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:01:10 AM

Hi Dargo,

1) What is the request/throttle limit before getting banned, if any? (e.g. 1 request per second)

It's a bit complicated since there are a variety of factors that can change things, but the basic limits are as follows. The limit for sustained requests is 1 request every 5 seconds. The limit for sustained orders is about 1 per minute. The sustained limits can be exceeded in short bursts. Keep in mind that this is subject to change as we see how people use the API.

2) Will you allow users to download all previous trade data with https://api.kraken.com/0/public/Trades? Many users have a need for bulk trade data, but this can cause undue load on API servers (hence MtGox's plan to provide a Google bigquery database), so if you don't want to support bulk data through this API method please consider an alternative way to access this data Smiley

Yes. But we'll probably have to add more systems to support it, so it may not be available initially.

Yep. As soon as more basic stuff is taken care of, it'll have priority. No ETA yet of course.   

Yeah, we're looking forward too, and doing everything we can to make it ASAP!  Smiley
nitrous

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:11:35 AM

Hi Dargo,

It's a bit complicated since there are a variety of factors that can change things, but the basic limits are as follows. The limit for sustained requests is 1 request every 5 seconds. The limit for sustained orders is about 1 per minute. The sustained limits can be exceeded in short bursts. Keep in mind that this is subject to change as we see how people use the API.

Yes. But we'll probably have to add more systems to support it, so it may not be available initially.

Yep. As soon as more basic stuff is taken care of, it'll have priority. No ETA yet of course.   

Yeah, we're looking forward too, and doing everything we can to make it ASAP!  Smiley

Thank you very much, that's great Smiley Are there any plans to reduce the limit for orders in the future? I remember using the beta a while ago and finding that I couldn't close a position because I had exceeded the rate limit.

MtGox API v2 Unofficial Documentation: https://bitbucket.org/nitrous/mtgox-api/overview
MtGox API v2 Unofficial Documentation Forum Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=164404.0
qxzn

Activity: 609
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:52:28 AM

The limit for sustained orders is about 1 per minute.

This strikes me as crazy too low, by about two orders of magnitude.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:28:36 AM

Thank you very much, that's great Smiley Are there any plans to reduce the limit for orders in the future? I remember using the beta a while ago and finding that I couldn't close a position because I had exceeded the rate limit.

Not that I know of, but our plans are flexible and we want to do everything we can to meet the needs of our clients (ya know, within reason, given certain limitations, the resources at our disposal and all that) - so please continue to communicate with us about what features you'd like to have. Since you hit the rate limit in beta trading with fake money, there's some question as to whether it would be an issue for you trading with real money, but if so let us know.   
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:40:00 AM

So you're saying that you need to trade at a sustained rate around 1 order every half second?
nitrous

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:58:26 AM

Not that I know of, but our plans are flexible and we want to do everything we can to meet the needs of our clients (ya know, within reason, given certain limitations, the resources at our disposal and all that) - so please continue to communicate with us about what features you'd like to have. Since you hit the rate limit in beta trading with fake money, there's some question as to whether it would be an issue for you trading with real money, but if so let us know.   

Ok, I understand that the clearing algorithms can be quite taxing so it's a good thing that you're enforcing some conservative limits. This is probably what other exchanges have got wrong in the past and the reason for their crashes, so this is some good forethought, though hopefully you'll be able to reduce the limit as you grow and get new resources. Yeah most likely; it was my first time on the beta and I went a little overboard with trading Wink

qxzn

Activity: 609
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:27:31 AM

So you're saying that you need to trade at a sustained rate around 1 order every half second?

No, but that would be a nice margin of safety. An average rate of 1 order every few seconds is not crazy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: