Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:05:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GTX1080ti's: Better Options?  (Read 13505 times)
oup59

Activity: 382
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 05:34:56 AM

Thanks for the info.
@Storx and @JaredKaragen

I managed 430 sols on skein with 980Ti 205W on the wall. System is like 50-60 when idle.

How good/bad is this?

I will mine some with this gpu until I get 1080Tis.

I am not sure if your really mining Skein, sounds like Equihash or Zcash...
~ALL INFO IS USING 2 x 1080ti's~
When i first started mining on my gaming rig, i was using 591watts to get a Skein hashrate of 2033Mh/s because i was thinking overclocking is better... since then i have done so much research and now i have my 2 cards running after a few flashes running stable so far at 348watts and my hashrate went down to 1892Mh/s... but they produce about half as much heat and a lot less power over time...

One thing i have run into today tho since my NEW GPU's and PCIe risers came in the mail is the PCIe risers seem to not function on NVIDIA cards.. or i just got an entire box full of defective cards..  i have been trying to install the new GPU's in my old gaming rig to run them... all the cards work perfect in the PCIe x16/x8 slot.. but the x1 slots dont detect the GPU's and ive tried every riser i bought.. because i bought extras due to fail rates i have read about...

Ima take my main pc down sometime later after some errands and test the 1x slots on it.. as well im running over to a friends house who has 3 x (x1) slots on his motherboard.. gonna test them on his first since its easier to get to.. since my watercooling hard lines kinda blocks mine..

yes it was a typo  and should be mh/s not sol/s for this instance. 348 watts for 1892 Mh/s seems good to me. Which brand/model are these 1080Ti cards? What settings are you using to achieve such hash and consumption.

I am planning to get 2 1080Tis for Skein/Zec mining as well.

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EvilMonkey

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 06:14:14 AM

This thread has really helped me thanks for everyone that has posted their info.

I was mining Eth on 1080ti at 31 H/s  Stock settings and that was giving me US $6 per day before power (around $1.80 for power). (stock settings)

Then I switched to Zec @ 720 H/s and US $8.50 before power cost of $1.75.  (using EWBF)

This thread has really got me thinking of the alternatives.  Like DGB with skein or Groeslt.  But I am already pulling in similar results using EWBF and that is in the currency I want to earn.

Or I could even just try nicehash I guess.  See how it compares.

1080ti is not good for ETH but is great for Zec (Zcash) using EWBF which is super simple to get going with lots of good info and easy pools out there.

I would really like to try NHminer and alexis though.

Can anyone that is using both this and EWBF on a 1080ti post up what difference in earnings they are getting.  Like I mentioned earlier on a single card using EWBF with stock settings I am earning US $8.50 and using $1.75 per day in power.

I found the sweet spot for power on my card which was 60% TDP but because of the prices it was better to run it at stock settings as I could make $300 per year more after power costs.

Zec compared to Eth which I would prefer to be mining was going to give me $1000 per year more.

I am newish to mining but already looking at getting more gear, it is alot of fun.
First of all which ti brand you got ?
I believe people getting 1k sol/s doing skein "dgb coin" for $16 a day with ti gpu, using alexis ccminer.
Check previous posts of this topic.

I have an Aorus 11GB.  I did check the previous posts.  Wasn't that with 2x 1080ti  $16 per day not sure if that is before or after power. (looks like before)  I am making around half that on one.  And actually I saw it was less at $14.

I did see one person who had not dont proper testing saying after getting Skein working with alexus he was expected around $15 per day per card which did seem pretty good and at around 1000 H/s.  But again it wasnt really confirmed. 

That is near double what I am making so does seem worth it but was after more opinions and examples.   Looks like 720 Sol/s is equal to 500 sol/s mining DGB coin.  So if you can do 1000 on one card its almost twice as profitable.

I'd like to test it but it is little tricky trying to piece all the info together and get it going.
EvilMonkey

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 06:40:03 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2017, 08:39:34 AM by EvilMonkey

This thread has really helped me thanks for everyone that has posted their info.

I was mining Eth on 1080ti at 31 H/s  Stock settings and that was giving me US $6 per day before power (around $1.80 for power). (stock settings)

Then I switched to Zec @ 720 H/s and US $8.50 before power cost of $1.75.  (using EWBF)

This thread has really got me thinking of the alternatives.  Like DGB with skein or Groeslt.  But I am already pulling in similar results using EWBF and that is in the currency I want to earn.

Or I could even just try nicehash I guess.  See how it compares.

1080ti is not good for ETH but is great for Zec (Zcash) using EWBF which is super simple to get going with lots of good info and easy pools out there.

I would really like to try NHminer and alexis though.

Can anyone that is using both this and EWBF on a 1080ti post up what difference in earnings they are getting.  Like I mentioned earlier on a single card using EWBF with stock settings I am earning US $8.50 and using $1.75 per day in power.

I found the sweet spot for power on my card which was 60% TDP but because of the prices it was better to run it at stock settings as I could make $300 per year more after power costs.

Zec compared to Eth which I would prefer to be mining was going to give me $1000 per year more.

I am newish to mining but already looking at getting more gear, it is alot of fun.
First of all which ti brand you got ?
I believe people getting 1k sol/s doing skein "dgb coin" for $16 a day with ti gpu, using alexis ccminer.
Check previous posts of this topic.

I have an Aorus 11GB.  I did check the previous posts.  Wasn't that with 2x 1080ti  $16 per day not sure if that is before or after power. (looks like before)  I am making around half that on one.  And actually I saw it was less at $14.

I did see one person who had not dont proper testing saying after getting Skein working with alexus he was expected around $15 per day per card which did seem pretty good and at around 1000 H/s.  But again it wasnt really confirmed.  

That is near double what I am making so does seem worth it but was after more opinions and examples.   Looks like 720 Sol/s is equal to 500 sol/s mining DGB coin.  So if you can do 1000 on one card its almost twice as profitable.

I'd like to test it but it is little tricky trying to piece all the info together and get it going.

I got it going at stock Alexis78 and Skien only and it is doing around 1006 MH/s.  So that converts to around US $15.50 a day before any fees or power comes out.  I also did a few quick tests in nicehash and that was only really giving me $9 before power not sure if that includes fees.

So far Skein looks really really good.  I am just going to leave it going for 24 hours and see if I mine what I should mine. 

Is anyone leaving thier mined as DGB? I think I woiuld prefer to have DGB instead.
Storx (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 06:42:08 PM

Thanks for the info.
@Storx and @JaredKaragen

I managed 430 sols on skein with 980Ti 205W on the wall. System is like 50-60 when idle.

How good/bad is this?

When i first started mining on my gaming rig, i was using 591watts to get a Skein hashrate of 2033Mh/s because i was thinking overclocking is better... since then i have done so much research and now i have my 2 cards running after a few flashes running stable so far at 348watts and my hashrate went down to 1892Mh/s... but they produce about half as much heat and a lot less power over time...

One thing i have run into today tho since my NEW GPU's and PCIe risers came in the mail is the PCIe risers seem to not function on NVIDIA cards.. or i just got an entire box full of defective cards..  i have been trying to install the new GPU's in my old gaming rig to run them... all the cards work perfect in the PCIe x16/x8 slot.. but the x1 slots dont detect the GPU's and ive tried every riser i bought.. because i bought extras due to fail rates i have read about...

Ima take my main pc down sometime later after some errands and test the 1x slots on it.. as well im running over to a friends house who has 3 x (x1) slots on his motherboard.. gonna test them on his first since its easier to get to.. since my watercooling hard lines kinda blocks mine..

yes it was a typo  and should be mh/s not sol/s for this instance. 348 watts for 1892 Mh/s seems good to me. Which brand/model are these 1080Ti cards? What settings are you using to achieve such hash and consumption.

Thanks.

THe above numbers are on my Personal Gaming PC, which is 2 x MSI Armor GTX1080ti's on watercooling...

So numbers may be different on air, since my mining temps are 35-38c on water...

- GPUs Mining : 128 (Updated 3/7/18) // CPUs Mining : 19 (Updated 2/23/18)
EvilMonkey

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 07:46:57 PM

Thanks for the info.
@Storx and @JaredKaragen

How good/bad is this?

Thanks.

THe above numbers are on my Personal Gaming PC, which is 2 x MSI Armor GTX1080ti's on watercooling...

So numbers may be different on air, since my mining temps are 35-38c on water...

Thanks I saw your numbers you just sounded a bit unsure.

I am getting around 985 on my single 1080ti.  I have under powered it slightly to keep the heat down.  My power is not much less than yours for a single card and I am running on air at 60C.   

The mining window locked up after around 3 hours so can't really see much results.  I did notice my CPU got upto 75C with Skein which is pretty high compared to other mining I have done.  It is a Ryzen 1600x with a mid to low range water cooler on it.

So more testing I guess.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 11:03:04 PM

I got it going at stock Alexis78 and Skien only and it is doing around 1006 MH/s.  So that converts to around US $15.50 a day before any fees or power comes out.  I also did a few quick tests in nicehash and that was only really giving me $9 before power not sure if that includes fees.

So far Skein looks really really good.  I am just going to leave it going for 24 hours and see if I mine what I should mine. 

Is anyone leaving thier mined as DGB? I think I woiuld prefer to have DGB instead.

DGB has a skein option, if you mine it directly via a pool like theblocksfactory (I think suprnova also has a DGB-skein pool, but not sure there - I do recall at least 2 other DGB-skein pools from listings).

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
thebigjdoe

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 11:12:19 PM

You guys have a link to alexis miner?  Just got 2x1080ti and getting only 600MH/s on suprnova dgbskien pool, this is with ccminer2.0
EvilMonkey

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 01:01:12 AM

You guys have a link to alexis miner?  Just got 2x1080ti and getting only 600MH/s on suprnova dgbskien pool, this is with ccminer2.0

Someeone in posted a link in the middle of this thread.  Was bit tricky to find. Is a mega.nz link also grab the NH bat file and just change your address and its good to go.
Storx (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:20:55 AM

You guys have a link to alexis miner?  Just got 2x1080ti and getting only 600MH/s on suprnova dgbskien pool, this is with ccminer2.0

Just google nemosminer zpool, download the zip file.. dont touch the batch file and just create your own with a simple single line using the pool info on the pool of your choice. The reason i say this is because it seems to mine multi algo using the nemosminer, you have to run your GPU at OEM stock settings which are stupidly inefficient at mining really..., but each algo uses the GPU in a different way.. so oem settings are basically the only ones stable on it...but your using a ton more energy and generating way more heat to utilize that benefit.

Once you learn how to optimize your GPU by tuning the clocks and voltage levels, you can get near stock hashrates (Money making ability) at a fraction of the energy and heat.. but in my short experience once you get one algo fully optimized, as soon as you try another algo its like a 50/50 if it will freeze up your pc...

So your best bet is to stick to one algo, and mine it at the most optimized settings to increase your profit margin....then maybe later experiment with others and come up with optimization settings that work best with them.. so if a day comes you need to switch coins, you can just stop the miner, change the gpu settings, then start the new coin....

Example the current optimal settings for my skein settings will immediately freeze up on zcash or lyra coins, which is the other 2 common nvidia coins to mine, then my zcash settings will freeze on attempting to mine skein, but my lyra2 settings will actually mine skein.. they are different animals, so different settings are needed.. if it is possible to create a batch that auto switches settings before starting the miner that would be amazing accomplishment.

- GPUs Mining : 128 (Updated 3/7/18) // CPUs Mining : 19 (Updated 2/23/18)
thebigjdoe

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:26:21 AM

You guys have a link to alexis miner?  Just got 2x1080ti and getting only 600MH/s on suprnova dgbskien pool, this is with ccminer2.0

Just google nemosminer zpool, download the zip file.. dont touch the batch file and just create your own with a simple single line using the pool info on the pool of your choice. The reason i say this is because it seems to mine multi algo using the nemosminer, you have to run your GPU at OEM stock settings which are stupidly inefficient at mining really..., but each algo uses the GPU in a different way.. so oem settings are basically the only ones stable on it...but your using a ton more energy and generating way more heat to utilize that benefit.

Once you learn how to optimize your GPU by tuning the clocks and voltage levels, you can get near stock hashrates (Money making ability) at a fraction of the energy and heat.. but in my short experience once you get one algo fully optimized, as soon as you try another algo its like a 50/50 if it will freeze up your pc...

So your best bet is to stick to one algo, and mine it at the most optimized settings to increase your profit margin....then maybe later experiment with others and come up with optimization settings that work best with them.. so if a day comes you need to switch coins, you can just stop the miner, change the gpu settings, then start the new coin....

Example the current optimal settings for my skein settings will immediately freeze up on zcash or lyra coins, which is the other 2 common nvidia coins to mine, then my zcash settings will freeze on attempting to mine skein, but my lyra2 settings will actually mine skein.. they are different animals, so different settings are needed.. if it is possible to create a batch that auto switches settings before starting the miner that would be amazing accomplishment.

Cool found it, thanks.  Getting about 915 per card with that miner on skein (suprnova pool) gigabyte gtx 1080ti
EvilMonkey

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:47:37 AM

Thanks for the info, I forgot Nemosminer didn't do skein only I had copied yours or someone elses example of Skein only.   With just skein I found running at stock was actually the best value for mining if you only consider monitory returns even after power is taken out.

For example effeincient wise at TPD 60% my card is the most efficient power per MH/s wise.  But after taking into account the cost of power it was way better to mine at the higher rate as you got a better payoff.   I had to boost my fan to 80% speed to keep the temp at 60C. Money wise I will keep mining at stock speeds raised fan speed as that barely increases the Watts.

EvilMonkey

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:27:09 AM

What CPU's are people using and what temperatures are they getting upto?  My Ryzen 5 1600x with a mid range water cooling is peaking at 80 deg sometimes.  Generally it sits around 60 C though.

This is 1080ti running ccmineralexis78 skein only.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 04:33:30 AM

What CPU's are people using and what temperatures are they getting upto?  My Ryzen 5 1600x with a mid range water cooling is peaking at 80 deg sometimes.  Generally it sits around 60 C though.

what do you mean its a 1080ti? ...

#crysx

rednoW
Legendary

Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 05:51:19 AM

Yes, effective nvidia mining is rather tricky and can be time consuming.
You need to fine tune for every card and every algo.
I have txt file with my findings cause it cannot be remembered. Also I use not only Afterburner but Palit Thundermaster too cause AB cannot do -1000 memory downclock.
Moreover sometimes you need to manually edit freq/voltage curve to get stable effective mode.
And last but not least for Palits gtx1070 I just use SuperJetStream card bioses with my simple Jetstreams and GameRocks as SJS seems to be the best to achieve good mining results.
EvilMonkey

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 05:55:20 AM

#crysx

Not really sure how to say it more clear but I was mining using ccmineralexis78 skein only on my 1080ti and my Ryzen 1600x water cooled CPU is getting pretty hot.  Even though its not really being utilized.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 06:07:16 AM

#crysx

Not really sure how to say it more clear but I was mining using ccmineralexis78 skein only on my 1080ti and my Ryzen 1600x water cooled CPU is getting pretty hot.  Even though its not really being utilized.

o ok ...

apologies ...

it seemed to me that the ryzen had somehow go to be 1080ti - or something ... never mind ... brainfart on my end Tongue ...

it doesnt have any effect on mining does it? ... this new chipset? ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 06:08:19 AM

Yes, effective nvidia mining is rather tricky and can be time consuming.
You need to fine tune for every card and every algo.
I have txt file with my findings cause it cannot be remembered. Also I use not only Afterburner but Palit Thundermaster too cause AB cannot do -1000 memory downclock.
Moreover sometimes you need to manually edit freq/voltage curve to get stable effective mode.
And last but not least for Palits gtx1070 I just use SuperJetStream card bioses with my simple Jetstreams and GameRocks as SJS seems to be the best to achieve good mining results.

hehehe ...

i read your posts - as they are quite informative - and every time i do i forget that you are on windows ...

Tongue ...

#crysx

cashen

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 06:28:14 AM

Which one for an 8 rig machine?

MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE DirectX 12 GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 x16

Or

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Ti DirectX 12 GV-N108TGAMING OC-11GD 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X PCI
rednoW
Legendary

Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 06:35:58 AM

2 evilmonkey

Latest fast ccminer's do utilize some shared memory techniques that put high stress on chipset when running rig with more than 4 gpus, I think. So if the mb bios or driver isn't tuned by vendor it leads to high CPU usage by windows "system" process that can lead to CPU heating. Is there a way to downvolt Ryzen?

I have similar problem with my asus z270-a but celeron g1900 is very lower power CPU especially with downvolt so this not bother me too much. My old socket am2+ rigs with amd 770 chipset are free from this problem thow
EvilMonkey

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 07:35:35 AM

2 evilmonkey

Latest fast ccminer's do utilize some shared memory techniques that put high stress on chipset when running rig with more than 4 gpus, I think. So if the mb bios or driver isn't tuned by vendor it leads to high CPU usage by windows "system" process that can lead to CPU heating. Is there a way to downvolt Ryzen?

I have similar problem with my asus z270-a but celeron g1900 is very lower power CPU especially with downvolt so this not bother me too much. My old socket am2+ rigs with amd 770 chipset are free from this problem thow

Ok so turns out my CPU is not really getting hot.  Its staying around 40-45.  Was using CPUID HWmonitor and there is a bug with ryzens that is shows random peaks and also is always showing 20 C more than it should.  AMD ryzen master is showing the true stable value.  

I only have one Card ATM so the ultilization is low.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: