Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:45:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: N00b Question  (Read 482 times)
aadje93 (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 09:13:36 AM

Hello guys

I would like to jump into altcoin mining and i found a server, however, it will cost me 95 euro a month and i am not sure if i can make profit or not check please the specs

Our EX51-SSD-GPU dedicated root server packs a punch with its super powerful top-of-the-line GeForce® GTX 1080 graphics card. In addition, it houses an Intel® Core i7-6700 Quadcore processor built using Skylake architecture, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, and last but certainly not least, two 500 GB 6 Gb/s SSDs.

Please only honest advice

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iamnoobplzhelp

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 06:28:39 PM

If you're mining Ethereum, then only the GPU matters. The CPU won't make a squat of difference. I use the cheapest Skylake Pentium CPU in my miners.

Also, AMD cards are way better than nVidia cards at mining in terms of $ spent per amount mined. The nVidia cards can undervolt better (Or so I've read), but they are generally 2x or more the price to start.

Lastly, on a rented server you will unlikely be able to change the bios of the GPU. This is best way to maximize the profit that you get per card.

You will most definitely be losing money.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 06:41:17 PM

Ignore CPU mining as mentioned above.  not profitable unless you have a bunch of machines on free power...

The GPU will work excellent.  I use zpool;  simple to configure, and you can get paid in BTC or your choice of mined altcoins... but I highly suggest using BTC as a payout coin so there are no delays (read zpool thread to understand if you didn't get it from zpool.ca's website).

I have a batch file link in my sig for getting going on zpool.  many options, might want to read up before you jump in the water.

Remember, 99% of altcoin mining is based around the GPU.  The better the GPU, the more hashrate density and efficiency you get.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
aadje93 (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 11:36:13 AM

Hello @  JaredKaragen,

Can you please link me to a tutorial or howto that matches ubuntu and the GPU installed in my server because using Google foes not really help if you not do it for free i am ready to pay a small bounty for it the server specs are in my first post.

i do mine now some monero coins but that gives me like 50 cents a day and it's not worth it so i guess the server use only the CPU and not the GPU so i am doing something wrong any help would be appreciated

JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 06:09:12 PM

Hello @  JaredKaragen,

Can you please link me to a tutorial or howto that matches ubuntu and the GPU installed in my server because using Google foes not really help if you not do it for free i am ready to pay a small bounty for it the server specs are in my first post.

i do mine now some monero coins but that gives me like 50 cents a day and it's not worth it so i guess the server use only the CPU and not the GPU so i am doing something wrong any help would be appreciated

I personally use windows on my miners as it offers the most end-user support than the rest.   Mostly programmers and thus generically a great number of linux users tend to be... well, more stuck up when it comes to help (nowadays)...

But;  it begins with just getting the OS installed, install the nvidia driver package... (I know there's how-to's here on this forum, I just don't have them linked/bookmarked anywhere)
clone the github repo of the miner version you wish to use (or install package if it's a version like one of the % fee claymore ones)
and create a launch string/cron.d update to auto-launch the miner upon startup

You won't ever make any real profit unless you get those video cards mining.  I highly suggest the skien algo (recently pretty profitable), and I personally use zpool.ca.

a quick google search lead me to This link and This.

Hope it helps!  I have to work up north for the day, so I may not have much online presence, so if more questions arise i'll respond when able.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
devkowow

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 06:19:13 PM

Yes, you will make around 30 euro profit on that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: