Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:08:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What don't you like about Banks and Banks controlling your money  (Read 5713 times)
mrfreezeh

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:47:32 AM

Because I can't take more profit with deposit to banks and saving, about security, I not think it safe than Bitcoin. Yearly, in my country, some Bank will have issue when we want withdraw huge money, sometimes they mistook the amount of money we sent and denied liability. If can't choose Bitcoin for replace Banks saving, I will choose Gold because it better than all
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:42:24 AM

Firsty, them deciding what is suspicious and not suspicious

Not everybody is an employee working for someone. Some people are entrepreneurs, and as an entrepreneur, you can have some HUGE days. I don't need a bank telling me that my successful day where i made $20k+ is suspicious if I want to withdraw all of it. (people have been arrested for making large withdraws before).

Also, banks freely allowing their customers to scam business (via chargeback). Instead of blindly chargingback purchases and screwing over merchants, visa applicants should be required to take a course outlining the risks of credit cards, and Visa should do proper investigations when a chargeback is brought up.

If a tracking number and proof of delivery can be proved, why should the customer be given their money back?

ALSO, i recently looked into banking investment options. It comes across as a way to just make more money off customers. Think of it like this. It's like it's just them taking your money so they can invest it in polyniex. I only tried it out cause my family (who doesn't know about bitcoins) encouraged it.

Do you have any gripes about banks

What i hate most about Banks are their annoying charges, they will charge you for even notifications that they send you, Banks are just greedy and they seems like they are always right especially when they mistakenly charge you for a service you are not even enjoying.
Vixmore

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:50:53 AM

You have no privacy when you use a bank. Anyone in the bank that has clearance can see your every move, from the ATM you withdraw money from to the store you just bought lunch at. I would much rather be my own bank and Bitcoin does exactly that.
ActiveP

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:53:23 AM

Banks are getting bigger by the day, and seemingly too big to fail, but this is not true. When they fail, they are a drain on our public finances - your taxes. funds that should be used in building roads, housing, affordable healthcare etc is used to bail these these parasitic corporations when they fail.
AleSergio

Activity: 378

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 11:00:52 AM

Bank offers you really great deals, but with high fees and taxes. Also they dont control all money that they issue or credit to you.

▄▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███████████▄▄     
   ▄▄███████████████████▄▄ 
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
████      ▀██▀  ▀██  ████████
████  ███   █    ██  ████████
████       █  ██  █  ████████
████  ███            ████████
████         █████        ███
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████▀▀ 
       ▀▀███████████▀▀     
            ▀▀▀▀▀           
.BUYANYLIGHT.

Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 11:18:07 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2017, 12:15:56 AM by Yanisumin

When you put your money in the bank, the bank has the power to control your money, if he thinks you are doing suspicious things then your account can be frozen, so I dont have total control of my money when I put my money in the bank and every of my transaction is recorded, I dont feel too comfortable with my transaction movement keep being watched

Nice answer, because you accept the terms and conditions that banks required, when something goes wrong then you wont have a choice, something that does not really in your possession cant be called a real asset at all because everyone has the right to that asset even if you are the real owner, and just like John Wick did on his treasure in the movie, I guess its better to invest all your money to gold and then bury it underground. And were are being played by the banks like for example in this meme :

Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:25:54 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2017, 06:09:24 PM by Monnt

Most banks operate on the restrictions imposed by the government laws which are not always citizen friendly, as today the governments act as corporate only to increase their tax, albeit for the betterment of the country but also to dominate the economy of other countries.

When my hard-work's reward are being controlled by someone else, how I can prefer that kind of system. I want to purely own my wealth which will not be possible with centralized system and with our traditional banking system.
Panda Trump

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 09:11:05 PM

What if they crash? Beam all money gone! At bitcoin, it could crash, but it probably won't... And at bitcoin, if it won't crash, it will atleast grow its value, whilst banks won't put 50% interest on your money... That would be awesome though Shocked

Regards,
Trump

Heartilly

Activity: 697
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:25:48 PM

I love banks. I like their services. Banks have services that people can take advantage which is not present on bitcoin. I get my first car because of bank loan which only tooks 5% interest for 5 years. Housing loans too with low interest within 10 years. Instant mobile banking as I can transfer money even on holidays anytime. My bank also lots of stationed ATM's even at province.  I don't use bank to make money grow. I used banking services because it giving me a comfortable life. And now with additional bitcoin in my life, just imagine the advantages Im receiving.

So for those bank haters and just relying on bitcoin, then it's up to you. It's still more convenient to take advantage of the both than become butthearts to others. Feel sorry that your banks there in your place is a a shit. Care for privacy? Then don't use bitcoin exchanges. As soon bitcoin will become more legally adopted, expect that privacy is big deal now as exchanges will require more verification.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:48:35 PM

You have no privacy when you use a bank. Anyone in the bank that has clearance can see your every move, from the ATM you withdraw money from to the store you just bought lunch at. I would much rather be my own bank and Bitcoin does exactly that.
Becausse the banks always try to monitoring the user's activity. But bitcoin can't do that.The scaling problem has prevented bitcoin to be the micropayment transaction.
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 11:16:56 PM

Firsty, them deciding what is suspicious and not suspicious

Not everybody is an employee working for someone. Some people are entrepreneurs, and as an entrepreneur, you can have some HUGE days. I don't need a bank telling me that my successful day where i made $20k+ is suspicious if I want to withdraw all of it. (people have been arrested for making large withdraws before).

Also, banks freely allowing their customers to scam business (via chargeback). Instead of blindly chargingback purchases and screwing over merchants, visa applicants should be required to take a course outlining the risks of credit cards, and Visa should do proper investigations when a chargeback is brought up.

If a tracking number and proof of delivery can be proved, why should the customer be given their money back?

ALSO, i recently looked into banking investment options. It comes across as a way to just make more money off customers. Think of it like this. It's like it's just them taking your money so they can invest it in polyniex. I only tried it out cause my family (who doesn't know about bitcoins) encouraged it.

Do you have any gripes about banks
Ever since I never used any banks in terms of saving money to them. Except when I was employee I am using ATM card to get my salary.
The only things which I don't like is in terms of withdrawal authorization, they need a full documentations before they release your money, and they used your money to lend it to others then they will put an interest on it.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 11:18:04 PM

I don't like banks not just because they control my money, but because someone can now how much money you have, not unlike in bitcoin, no one can really know the exact money that you got unless you say it and reveal all of your bitcoin addresses to others. Also, I don't like the hidden charges sometimes of banks and the interest rate when it comes to savings account is too low, that's why I like bitcoin more than banks.
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 11:40:54 AM

The main reason we keep our money in bank is because we find it safer than home and most of us can't keep thousands of dollars at home and i some what trust my bank so no problem there. The only thing i don't like is they put limit on how much money i can withdraw which is totally mine and not the banks and also the withdrawal fees everytime i withdraw
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 01:48:35 PM

Banks have had it's advantage but the major issue I have with them is the control they have on your money after they had cajole you to open an account with them, they then give a list of restrictions on your same money you earned by telling you the maximum you can withdraw, the ban on your account in case you have not submitted some form of ID, they charge your with or without your authorisation and equally with government backing meaning there is nothing one can do about it.
Yes this is a major disadvantage that the original owner of the money have is the they have no control over their own money and they have to follow the rules of the bank regarding the cash transfer and withdrawals this is also one of the major reason the people liking the bitcoin because they are fed up of this attitude of the banks where you will be facing problems dealing your own money.
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 01:55:30 PM

All banks, without exception, created to Rob the man. I have this attitude to him and I shall never change. I do not take credit, card I use only when I need something to pay for it. I put the money e-wallet and immediately spend conversion value. On my map there's never more than 10 dollars in the balance.
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 02:36:59 PM

Nice answer, because you accept the terms and conditions that banks required, when something goes wrong then you wont have a choice, something that does not really in your possession cant be called a real asset at all because everyone has the right to that asset even if you are the real owner, and just like John Wick did on his treasure in the movie, I guess its better to invest all your money to gold and then bury it underground. And were are being played by the banks like for example in this meme :

hmm...
I mean I don't like banks that's for sure.
But... Wut?
If your bank charges you anything for using ATM... Change banks xD

My bank charges me 15€ a year and that's all. Credit Card, withdrawals, SEPA payments...
I mean banks are banks but you don't have to be an idiot.

Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:55:34 PM

"Give a man a gun, then he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, then he can rob everyone."

The thing that I hate the most about banks is that they can do whatever they want with your money. And there's no censorship going on at all. They know every little information about the transactions that you're having. You withdraw a lot of money, they get suspicious. Someone deposits a lot of money, they get suspicious. Well, might as well not use them at all and just buy your very own vault. The banks don't have anything else to offer but as a way to keep your money safe and a place to get loans.

Another thing that I dislike about the banks (in my country, at least) is the fact that you have to fall in a long line just to get your money and even a longer line for deposit. SMH, everything can be done automatically but one ATM isn't enough for one bank.

CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 05:25:07 PM

The bank didn t give me a privacy to control my money. The financial regulation make a partnership with the bank to monitoring the bank account of customers. So they are able to see all of transaction histroy. Just like intervention
My country has recently released that regulation and it's kinda disaster for an individual to keep their "big" amount of money in the bank. No more privacy and the taxes are now overwhelmingly increased.
Therefore, the only way to keep our wealth secret is by investing on something which consistently increases its value over time. Property and gold are preferable, but, bitcoin also a good choice.
Though, if you're not going to avoid the taxes, all will be fine. But, FFS, We're working on ourselves and the taxes is just robbing our earning.
If anyone don't like bank monitoring your funds and control your money or even robbing your savings, simply don't put your money in bank. Bit it's kinda hard right? Due to bank services, to send and receive money inside and outside the country, even to convert bitcoin into cash need a bank account. We can't avoid to use bank services these days.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 05:47:59 PM

I meat a guy in banking hall today angry with his account officer because he was ask to open an account without being told if has a BVN number after he has make a deposit. Since this incident today I look at banker as being greedy, and selfish. They only thing on how to get from you and when you want to get back what you have deposited, you become a strange to your own assets.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:28:49 PM

When you put your money in the bank, the bank has the power to control your money, if he thinks you are doing suspicious things then your account can be frozen, so I dont have total control of my money when I put my money in the bank and every of my transaction is recorded, I dont feel too comfortable with my transaction movement keep being watched

[im g]https://i.imgur.com/839fI5a.png[/img]
Honestly speaking the buying of gold and then burying it at certain place is not something that you can do in practical life. We earn for the reason that we spend it in the time when we need and sometime we are in need of more than one transaction on a daily basis and for this I am sure we cannot all the time practice this drama.

The bitcoin is a very good alternative of to get rid of all this banking stuff therefore I have stored my money in the Bitcoin wallet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: