Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:07:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Hacked Again?  (Read 6271 times)
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 10:40:52 PM

That's why Bitcoin core developers are against BTC hard fork. Because it's unexplored ground and nobody can tell what may happen. But don't waste your time with mining1 and his alt account Minecache (i.e. Mindlesscache) - he will cheerlead ETH, no matter what.

Brutalent

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 10:48:00 PM

Ethereum and Ethereum Classic are the "Dual Scam System" for a balanced fake anonymous "contracts" for get yours bitcoins… Stone contracts, nerd assets,  f**ck tokens! It's a pathetic chinese box. Warning!
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 11:32:37 PM

Yep. You better listen to Dollface. Don't listen to the hundreds of institutions, corporations, and developers with prior successes developing on ethereum, like Brendan Eich, who is a titan in IT world. Listen to a troll. With a weird haircut. Do you still have that thing on the side ?
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 11:57:40 PM

That troll predicted the DAO failure + scams worth millions of $. Brendan Eich is a giant in the IT world - no question about it, but I also have my fair share. And what's more important - I always stand behind my words and I have my ID posted here since 2014. All you do is to anonymously cheerleading ETH and nothing more. I already made you a proposal. Come over here and call me Dollface. Will buy you several beers (despite the fact I'm poorer than you, since you are sucking on ETH for quite some time) and will break your neck in 5 milliseconds. As simple as that. 

MysticOne

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 01:03:31 AM

No, I meant 300. As far as I remember when DAO failure happened market cap of digital currencies was like $11-$12 Billion and it dropped with probably $3-$4 Billion in the following week. Bitcoin lost about $100 of its value (which was major impact, giving the price back then). Now things can be much more worse...

Lose 300 percent? That would place bitcoin in negative territory. -$4370 at current price.

$2367 : 3 = $789.

Oh you mean it will drop 66.67 percent.

Oh, ok... I meant price will be 1/3rd from this one. Smiley

Now I recognize you from other threads, you are the king at spreading FUD. Nice trolling
aguila

Activity: 104

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2017, 01:08:30 AM

So what happened? Did the ICO crashed ETH for a moment there?

Nanda Dewi277

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 02:29:06 AM

Seems entire network is frozen, no transactions are going through.

I'm hearing rumors of people generating the same keys as other wallets and being able to access their coins.

Any news?
Why did it happen? If that happens maybe my Ethereum coin will be gone?

▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▄▄
              ▄▀          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▄
            █        ▄▀▀                  ▀▀▄   ▀▄
          █      ▄▀                ▄▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄   ▀▄          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
  █     █     █                ▄▀            ▀    ▀        ▄▄▀▀   █████  ▀▀▄
█  █▄█     █   ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▌                          ▄▀     ███████         █
█       ▀▀▄▄▀▀  ▄▄   █  █                      ▄▀    ████████           █
  █   ▀██▄▄   ███   █    █                 █▀  ██████████        █  █
    ▀▄   ███████     ▀▀▄ ▀▄▄    ▄▄▀▀    ████   ████      █  █  █
        ▀▄▄     ██████    ▀▀█▄▀▀     ████████████  █  █  █  █
              ▀█   ██████▄▄          █████████████    █  █  █  █
                 █   █████████████████████████  ▄▀  █  █ █
                  █    ███████████████████████  ▄▀▄▀▄▀ █
                   █     ████████████████████   ▄▀▄▀ ▄▀ █
                     █          █████████████    ▄▄▀▄▀ ▄▀  █
                       ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄▄  █████ ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀ ▄▀    █
                           ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄▄▀▀   ▄▀       █
                               ▀▄        ███          ▄▄▀▄   █   █
                                   ▀▄ ███     ▄▄▀▀       ▀▄  ▄█
                                 ▄▀      ▄▄▀▀                  ▀▀
                                  ▀▀▀▀▀
  W h a l e  M a k e r

||
▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬
A Fundraising Platform for
Massive Disruption
||
         ▄▄              ▄▄
        ███           ███
   ▄███████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
██                     ▄▄▄      ██
██           ▄▄    ████      ██
██        ████  ████       ██
██      ██     ██    ▀        ██
██    ██        ▀               ██
██▄                             ▄██
▀██████████████████▀
   ▀███████████████▀
Governance &
Rewards
                  ▄███▄
                    ███
  ▄███▄          █           ▄███▄
    ███     ▄███████▄    ███
         █▄█████░████▄█
   ▄     █████░░░█████       ▄
  ██  █████░███▄█████   ███
██████████░░░███████████
  ██   █████████░█████  ███
   ▀     █████░░░█████       ▀
          █▀████░████▀█
      ███    ▀██████▀   ███
    ▀███▀        █          ▀██▀
                    ███
                  ▀███▀
Smart-Funding
Aggregator &
Staking
||▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬ OCEAN PAPER ▬▬▬▬▬
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 02:55:26 AM

yes eth has its upside, buuuuut it is NOT ready to handle this load and already showing its weakness.

now, move to something groundbreaking like revamped WBB (DLS) and you have something that removes they key weaknesses of ALL coins. Wink Smiley

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 04:21:03 AM

Jeez after all this time that ETH shill won't let up about Spartak's old profile picture  Cheesy
See ? that is why i never added my own.. i'd never hear the end of it.
I am a greek god.. an adonis like Spartak.. the Hunky FUD crew coming down on you !
Crypto-Women want us and crypto-men want to be us !

So.. clearly that shill is hiding his picture and mocking people over theirs ..because he's fucking UGLY !
Get a facelift with your ETH ROI's shill  Grin

Anyway Wink
If it runs it can be hacked.. that is a given.

BUT !

What comes to mind after saying that is what is more likely to have a problem ?
The next thing is complexity vs simplicity.
Comparing Bitcoin designed to be simple ON PURPOSE for security reasons vs ETH a convoluted complicated heap of bullshit ICO scheme crap.

Earlier today i was reading about a topic where Satoshi was discussing the IP address functionality in the first BTC wallet.. a user had Satoshi's intended code removed from Github for precisely what i just finished saying above word for word !

Then we have Ethereum a proven scammy rigged complicated insecure ICO failure.

PS:
I actually did post my picture long ago in crypto and it was re-posted a few times too.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Alvin RS6

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 07:01:47 AM

Just BAT ICO and one developer decrypting someones wallet made enough panic for people to guess that ETH is done!  Grin
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 07:23:15 AM

Just BAT ICO and one developer decrypting someones wallet made enough panic for people to guess that ETH is done!  Grin

How about my 2014 ICO scam topic i posted ? Remember that ? oh wait  Cheesy

Ever heard of the "DAO" ?  Grin

PS:

$228 makes me want to throw up.

FUD first & ask questions later™
mining1

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 08:53:47 AM

That troll predicted the DAO failure + scams worth millions of $.

That troll is just a troll with a bad haircut. He didn't predict anything. He was contemplating at doomsday scenarios for years and for everything ethereum did. It just happened that one of the hundreds of things built on top of ethereum to be poorly coded. It's like betting on all the possible outcomes.
mining1

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 08:57:50 AM

If a poorly coded DAO forced a split in the entire system what makes you think that we wont be seeing any sort of similar things in the future,nothing can be coded fool proof

It was a special case. In DAO, anyone could basically interact with the funds. No other project is made like that. All other projects have the funds stored in a multisig wallet or cold storage, and only devs can interact with it. If some projects will fail, they will fail because either the ideea or the execution was bad and their issued token will lose most of the value.
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2017, 09:04:03 AM

That troll predicted the DAO failure + scams worth millions of $.

That troll is just a troll with a bad haircut. He didn't predict anything. He was contemplating at doomsday scenarios for years and for everything ethereum did. It just happened that one of the hundreds of things built on top of ethereum to be poorly coded. It's like betting on all the possible outcomes.

There you go - I fixed my haircut because of you. Now you can start talking about my big nose, you lonely, dumbass ETH shill. Smiley

mining1

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 12:07:25 PM

That troll predicted the DAO failure + scams worth millions of $. Brendan Eich is a giant in the IT world - no question about it, but I also have my fair share.

Fair share of what ? Trolling attempts ? When eth wasn't in as good of a shape as it is now, you used to link tweets from respected members in the crypto world like those of emin gun sirer, when he was questioning some decision of some dapps on ethereum. And you used to post his tweets here as a reconfirmation of your own FUD. Why aren't you doing it anymore ? I'll tell you why, because you can't use his opinions taken out of context to suit your FUD narrative anymore:

https://twitter.com/el33th4xor/status/870327595434463232 -read the other comments of his to this topic aswell

https://twitter.com/el33th4xor/status/870313173387182080

https://twitter.com/el33th4xor/status/870269401643327488 - he's subtly pointing At chris derose's fud attempt, where he wrote to sec begging to regulate cryptocurrency space ( especially ethereum ) because he feels threatened. That troll used to stand for decentralization and against regulation, because it suited his narative ( just like you ). Now he wants central regulation from authorities because decentralization is not good anymore if there's a rising rival threatening to overcome bitcoin.

https://twitter.com/el33th4xor/status/867371235235299329

P.S: you may be better off with either more hair, or less. Now you look like you've been removed hair for a brain surgery or you're doing chemo.

Edit: Just for the record. I don't have anything with you. It's just that you're trying to gather following for your personal project. And to do that, you have to either stand for something, or against something. And you're standing against ethereum for the wrong reasons, but you don't care because your little project is / may make you money. And because of that, you're a hypocrit at best. And for that you do not deserve respect.

I understand it first hand to criticise something for some practices or decisions. I myself paid 100E in fees to get into BAT, and i didn't get in. Do i believe these icos should have better practices and interaction with the community ? Hell yes. Do i believe they should follow better practices, since many don't have anything besides a site and a whitepaper with unknown devs ? Hell yes. But these things take time, and they will weed out eventually.

gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 02:00:09 PM

I'm hearing rumors of people generating the same keys as other wallets and being able to access their coins.

Any news?
I just heard about that there are problem on smart contract QuadrigaCX exchange
allegedly lost 60,000 Ethereum due to smart contract problems

i think that is the bad news about ethereum hacked, i try to find news about this problem.
helloge
Legendary

Activity: 1057
Merit: 1000

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 02:13:50 PM

BAT ico. Thousands of transactions in a matter of seconds.

What's BAT??? Is the ICO still going?

It seems that you are not active on this Bitcoin Forum since the news has been broadcast for two days. The BAT  ICO has finished in about 30 seconds and only less than 200 participates joined successfully.   What more, four big whales took more than 50% of the crowd sale. That's crazy! Sad Sad

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄    ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ███████████▄▄     ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
     ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀█████████████▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄ ▀▀████████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
...The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..Bringing scalability and usability to....
..dApps for mass market adoption......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..TOKEN EVENT      .GET ON WHITELIST.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Twitter   ⦁   Telegram   ⦁   Blog   ⦁   Bitcointalk----
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 02:16:01 PM

Any news?
An unknown attacker that previously disrupted operations on the ethereum blockchain returned today, but so far to limited effect.

In an effort that was reminiscent of attempts last year that succeeded in slowing down activity on network, the owner of an address associated with the wave of spam attacks is sending commands meant to use up 'gas', ethereum's unit of computational power.
That is bad news from http://www.coindesk.com/ethereum-developers-stymie-blockchain-spammers-latest-attack/
Hope answers your questions.
CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 02:39:34 PM

So what happened? Did the ICO crashed ETH for a moment there?
Three's the charm! Geth v1.6.5 released to counter the current Ethereum mainnet attacks: https://t.co/aJiijOCwSp Binaries ready asap! They (developer ETH) are working fixing this problem, i think the problem on smart contract on ethereum, please see the comments above me, that is clear what's happening on ethereum.
mining1

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 03:09:03 PM

Someone technologically illiterate working at that exchange fucked up  and it's somehow platform's problem. You guys are really smart. With that mentality you'll go nowhere but remain poor.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: