Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:21:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CVC] CIVIC Tokensale Successfully Completed  (Read 173546 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:26:47 PM

one question. If i have my CVCs on bittrex, how is going to affect me the change from ERC 20 to RSK? I dont have my ledger nano yet and i am a little bit worried about that

What change?

Where did you read about that?

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maryhansenn

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:07:11 PM

Is there anything we as a community can do to help spread adoption of civic? The equifax hack occurred and no one seems to care. We should be demanding control of our private info. There has to be something the community can do to demand control of our info.
josegr4ham

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:17:21 PM

Looking for some guidance on transferring CVC (and some other alts) over to my Nano S. Do I have to download a CVC Wallet app on it like I did for btc and ETH? Once transferred, will it appear on the screen under CVC or ERC-20, or something else perhaps?
infested999

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:42:22 PM

This whole month is actually such a straightforward setup for a huge price increase with the news coming.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
Qrivium

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:03:46 PM

This whole month is actually such a straightforward setup for a huge price increase with the news coming.

What news?  Can you link.  Thank you
infested999

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:11:48 PM

https://twitter.com/brendaneich/status/948807239581671424

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
Qrivium

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:17:34 PM

Thank,you
revenant2017

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

Healing Galing

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:51:31 PM

Yeah. No major movements of the price. Most of the other alts shoots the price up after BTC's price became neutral. I'm expecting it'll shoot to above 50% -70%. Depends on market sentiment.
AU_AG

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:02:43 AM

don't like to keep coins on exchanges like trexx and want to keep it on IOS jaxx wallet and if so what happens when there is a swap or if I put it on a trezor (Its a ERC-20 token)?
bestofbritish96

Activity: 246

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:23:02 PM

FYI - As of today, Civic partner Investfeed has gone live with its Civic integration plug-in.

Civic will be critical for providing the integrated security checking that investfeed will need for people to place trade orders via its exchange API integrations.

Qrivium

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:14:53 PM

vinnylingham re: BIP148 - we will make a decision closer to the time, but we are aware of the options.
It's a bigger issue for Bitcoin than for Civic, tbh.
Civic is not yet open source - eventually one day, it will be. Open sourcing security software in the early days is very risky

-- Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/ArkEcosystem/comments/6fw0un/log_of_ama_with_civic_by_vinny_lingham/?st=j3nih9dl&sh=5aacd533

Is Civic open source in the meantime? I think it's a huge barrier for people to enter an identidy security platform when it is no open source. I mean that is simply not acceptable from my point of view. I mean you don't know anyway what Mr. validator does with your PII, but that's why you only confirm validators that you trust. But like this I have to trust a startup that writes some software.

It's not open source. Team doesn't want competitors to know the source. Maybe some day they will go open source!

Store data encrypted in a non open source programm does make not much sense to me. Furthermore non open source identity security is also a big issue.

I don't rely thing most people understand what Civic project is all about, it all stands against what Crypto stands for and Governement can and come in and ask Civic team to supply them their users information like COinbase and won't have any other option but to comply

However if crypto is to be adopted to the mainstream it will need to be regulated. This is why Civic is crucial is getting mass adoption. Plus civic provide better security for future launch. Like it or not Civic will be huge no doubt!!!!

I am curious how all these regulations will work out. The interesting thing I see is while regulators are now dealing with potential regulation for BTC, new protocols like Zcash are on the way to make it even impossible to track anything. I can hardly imagine what the world will be looking like in 10-15 years from now should all these crazy innovations become pervasive reality.

Can anybody explain why they are supporting this coin?   My understanding is they are creating digital identity.   If successful are we not creating a world where governments can step in and use this tech to demand everyone has a digital TAG to conduct all and everything from social media to doing your shopping online.  Sounds very 1984 to me and governments wet dreams.  Right now with cash etc the govt cannot exercise complete control and a 24/7 profile of individuals.

Crypto was created to break the power and control of banks etc.   By funding and buying this coin are you not just helping to erect the next prison?  Digital serfs.  TIA for your thoughts
ArkMage

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:26:37 PM

Civic is really successful! Market cap is very big at the moment and I think it's fair market cap. Few competing projects are doing ICO soon though...

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
jifffy

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:20:49 PM

Can anybody explain why they are supporting this coin?   My understanding is they are creating digital identity.   If successful are we not creating a world where governments can step in and use this tech to demand everyone has a digital TAG to conduct all and everything from social media to doing your shopping online.  Sounds very 1984 to me and governments wet dreams.  Right now with cash etc the govt cannot exercise complete control and a 24/7 profile of individuals.

Crypto was created to break the power and control of banks etc.   By funding and buying this coin are you not just helping to erect the next prison?  Digital serfs.  TIA for your thoughts

You login in to this website, you login to any bank accounts, you login to exchanges, you must prove your identity to many institutions to do business. This project allows companies to "know their customer" with ease, when you need them to know you. If you plan to exist in the normal world companies need to have your information to prove who you are. You show them passports, birth certificates, and other forms of identification today. This makes getting that info, when you want them to, easier and cheaper to confirm. Would you rather give it to google and facebook like many do today so they can sell it to the highest bidder?
Qrivium

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:14:39 PM

Can anybody explain why they are supporting this coin?   My understanding is they are creating digital identity.   If successful are we not creating a world where governments can step in and use this tech to demand everyone has a digital TAG to conduct all and everything from social media to doing your shopping online.  Sounds very 1984 to me and governments wet dreams.  Right now with cash etc the govt cannot exercise complete control and a 24/7 profile of individuals.

Crypto was created to break the power and control of banks etc.   By funding and buying this coin are you not just helping to erect the next prison?  Digital serfs.  TIA for your thoughts

You login in to this website, you login to any bank accounts, you login to exchanges, you must prove your identity to many institutions to do business. This project allows companies to "know their customer" with ease, when you need them to know you. If you plan to exist in the normal world companies need to have your information to prove who you are. You show them passports, birth certificates, and other forms of identification today. This makes getting that info, when you want them to, easier and cheaper to confirm. Would you rather give it to google and facebook like many do today so they can sell it to the highest bidder?

I do not need to prove my ID to log into most websites.  2). For the few I do those companies are independent of each other.  Yes, while it is possible that it can still create a digital footprint of my online activity it is not easy or straightforward.  What CIVIC seems to be creating is a universal ID, which you woul duse to interact with multiple companies/govt/etc.    It is way worse than anything Facebook can concieve because a universal digital ID means EVERYTHING you do is compiled and tracked and maybe if you say sh@@@t the  govt doesn’t like then very easy to make using your ID hard.

BTW, what is to stop civic selling your info etc to various companies.   I am open to being wrong about how this works,so happy to hear thoughts.  Right now this company and companies like it are the antithesis of the vision for crypto/blockchain.   SEEMS to me those of you funding this are HELPING to ERECT to the next prison one that will be far more powerful in tracking everything you do,and not allowing you to do anything without it.

If you are funding and supporting this coin I would like to hear how you think it’s goals will be helpful to humanity and in alignment with what crypto can achieve

Cheers

jifffy

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:57:56 AM

Can anybody explain why they are supporting this coin?   My understanding is they are creating digital identity.   If successful are we not creating a world where governments can step in and use this tech to demand everyone has a digital TAG to conduct all and everything from social media to doing your shopping online.  Sounds very 1984 to me and governments wet dreams.  Right now with cash etc the govt cannot exercise complete control and a 24/7 profile of individuals.

Crypto was created to break the power and control of banks etc.   By funding and buying this coin are you not just helping to erect the next prison?  Digital serfs.  TIA for your thoughts

I do not need to prove my ID to log into most websites.  2). For the few I do those companies are independent of each other.  Yes, while it is possible that it can still create a digital footprint of my online activity it is not easy or straightforward.  What CIVIC seems to be creating is a universal ID, which you woul duse to interact with multiple companies/govt/etc.    It is way worse than anything Facebook can concieve because a universal digital ID means EVERYTHING you do is compiled and tracked and maybe if you say sh@@@t the  govt doesn’t like then very easy to make using your ID hard.

BTW, what is to stop civic selling your info etc to various companies.   I am open to being wrong about how this works,so happy to hear thoughts.  Right now this company and companies like it are the antithesis of the vision for crypto/blockchain.   SEEMS to me those of you funding this are HELPING to ERECT to the next prison one that will be far more powerful in tracking everything you do,and not allowing you to do anything without it.

If you are funding and supporting this coin I would like to hear how you think it’s goals will be helpful to humanity and in alignment with what crypto can achieve

Cheers

There are companies that must know who you are and prove that you are who you say you are. Banks, e-commerce sites, hospitals, etc. These companies pay big money to verify your identity when you ask for their services. Civic creates a system to streamline that information at a lower cost. The website does a better job of explaining it if you don't understand the need for businesses to verify your identity.

Blockchain Secured: Civic never has access to any users' private keys as stored on the public blockchain. Civic only receives hashes of the identity data along with a blockchain address to store the hash

https://www.civic.com/products/secure-identity-platform

newb-dev

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:09:33 PM

I do wonder why the additional kyc features that civic added in the iOS update are partner dependent rather than already open to use?
Qrivium

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:00:44 PM

Cheers

There are companies that must know who you are and prove that you are who you say you are. Banks, e-commerce sites, hospitals, etc. These companies pay big money to verify your identity when you ask for their services. Civic creates a system to streamline that information at a lower cost. The website does a better job of explaining it if you don't understand the need for businesses to verify your identity.

Blockchain Secured: Civic never has access to any users' private keys as stored on the public blockchain. Civic only receives hashes of the identity data along with a blockchain address to store the hash

https://www.civic.com/products/secure-identity-platform

Thank you for taking the time to respond🙏
bitChipper

Activity: 896
Merit: 290

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:21:00 PM

So brave is hoping to use cvc for their kyc stuff, right on...

I feel like this may end up being the default blockchain ID system, seems like it was kind of geared for the whole crypto
community anyway.

I feel like this is a solid investment, market cap is still very low and chart looks good
newb-dev

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:37:45 PM

Curious.. does CVC only do individual identity management or does it also do corporation's identity?
matthewtherry

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:19:45 AM

anyone have tips for buying cvc on hitbtc? kind of confused. I have ltc I am trying to turn into cvc. so do i need to do ltc to btc, btc to usdt, then usdt to cvc?
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: