Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:02:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Installing AMD Drivers on BAMT?  (Read 8643 times)
philips

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 10:15:23 PM

So I thought that running

export DISPLAY=:0
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PRECENT=100

fixes all of that.  but I ran those and it did not.  Been running just a couple mins and I got HW: 64 and A:4.

As i said before, no need to run those commands. They are executed automatically by BAMT.

You only need to run them if you start cgminer manually.

Try to remember what you did different.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrBilling (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 10:24:12 PM

Yea I do start cgminer manually.

I am still thinking but I dont think I did anything different.

I removed my cgminer config file and started it with just my pool info and it does the same thing.

Im going to mess with it and see what I can figure out.

Zanatos666

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Sometimes man, just sometimes.....

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 01:17:06 AM

I removed my cgminer config file and started it with just my pool info and it does the same thing.

I didnt see anywhere in your bamt.conf file where you specified using a cgminer.conf file. Are you actually using one?  I have always found that its easier, and you get better results if you use a cgminer.conf file, rather than making all your arguments in one line.

Squiggly letters, written really fast, with a couple of dots for good measure.
MrBilling (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 01:45:38 AM

I didnt see anywhere in your bamt.conf file where you specified using a cgminer.conf file. Are you actually using one?  I have always found that its easier, and you get better results if you use a cgminer.conf file, rather than making all your arguments in one line.

Yes when I start cgminer it says loaded config file and I can see that when I change a setting like the intensity it iwll start with that intensity.

I really dont get it.  I had it running awesome at over 600 for a few hours.  I turn it off then back on and now it wont work.  All I get is tons of HW errors.

If I reduce the intensity it will stop giving me HW and accept shares but it is SLOW.  I tried to slowly increase the intensity and I can get it to 12 and any higher just give HW.  At -I 12 I only get about 200 KH/s.

I have went over everything ten times.  I dont get it.  Everything is the same.
MrBilling (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 01:59:19 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2013, 06:37:38 AM by MrBilling

The config I posted on page 2 is the BAMT config.

I am not using BAMT miner I am manually starting cgminer.

This is the cgminer config I am using.  Its the same as the one I was using when all was good and I was getting over 600 KH/s.  The only difference is the intensity was at 20.

{
"pools" : [
   {
      "url" : "http://mine.pool-x.eu:8080",
      "user" : "XXXXXXXXXX.XXXXXX",
      "pass" : "XXXXXXX"
   }
]
"intensity" : "14",
"vectors" : "0",
"worksize" : "256",
"kernel" : "scrypt",
"lookup-gap" : "0",
"thread-concurrency" : "9000",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"gpu-engine" : "1100",
"gpu-memclock" : "1375",
"gpu-powertune" : "20",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "60",
"scrypt" : true,
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"

MrBilling (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 02:01:18 AM

Other than that what could have changed?

I am using AMD overdrive to OC the cards.

I have the same settings in cgminer that I do on overdrive.
MrBilling (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:50:04 AM

I got BAMT mining (not manually cgminer) and it will run at good speed but it barely generates any shares.  I imagine this is because they are all HW but the GPUMON doesnt have a spot to view HW.
MrBilling (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 06:35:54 AM

Sorry to keep posting without a response.

I made another bamt on another flash drive and I changed my settings.  Now bamt actually mines correctly!  It gets about 600 KH/s per card and it accepts shares correctly.  And not with me manually starting cgminer like before but with the built in bamt.

Problem is that after a few mins.  And I mean just a few like 2 it just goes poof and dies.

One thing I was thinking is that does bamt have an auto shutoff for the GPU temp getting too high?  I ask this because since bamt starts mining as soon as it boots up It doesnt give me much time to turn the fan all the way up.  so it may have gotten up to like 85 or something before it died.

I have restarted it and this time I hurried and stopped mining as soon as it booted.  Then I turned the fan to 100% and restarted mining.

It is working as of right now.  If it stays this way I may just have a party!  Knowing my luck somebody would end up spilling a beer on my rig and I would have to start over.  hahaha

But as long as it doesnt die again I got it working perfect.  Will update.

If you have any other reasons why it would just turn off like that please let me know.  I know it is not automatically set to go to sleep or something because I was using the rig when it died.  And I do not have any riser cables hooked up right now.  Just 2 GPUs straight into the mobo.
philips

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:15:56 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2013, 04:28:36 PM by philips

You are mixing the hell out of things.

Do not use AMD overdrive at the same time with cgminer.
Do not use a gazillion of cgminer configs, that separated cgminer config is a mess. No wonder BAMT craps out, it is confused by all those contradictory settings.

Burn a fresh BAMT again, apply all the fixes and enter all (ALL) the necessary settings (pools, clocks, fan speeds etc) in that cgminer line and no place else.
(yes, this is one method, the other one is to use a separated config, but do not use both, for the sake of simplicity stick with the above since it is already there)
Don't copy/paste random settings you found all over the forum, stick with cgminer´s README & that guide I linked before.
Don't use two instances of cgminer at the same time, one started by BAMT and one by you.
You can monitor what cgminer is doing by enter in terminal: screen -r cgminer while cgminer is running (if started by BAMT).

All you need to do is enter the right settings in the bamt config (that cgminer_opts line) and BAMT will work.
Zanatos666

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Sometimes man, just sometimes.....

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 01:51:25 PM

You are mixing the hell out of things.

Do not use AMD overdrive at the same time with cgminer.
Do not use a gazillion of cgminer configs, that separated cgminer config is a mess. No wonder BAMT craps out, it is confused by all those contradictory settings.

Burn a fresh BAMT again, apply all the fixes and enter all (ALL) the necessary settings (pools, clocks, fan speeds etc) in that cgminer line and no place else.
(yes, this is one method, the other one is to use a separated config, but do not use both, for the sake of simplicity stick with the above)
Don't copy paste random settings you found all over the forum, stick with cgminer´s README & that guide I posted before.
Don't use two instances of cgminer at the same time, one started by BAMT and one by you.
You can monitor what cgminer is doing by enter in terminal: screen -r cgminer while cgminer is running (if started by BAMT).

All you need to do is enter the right settings in the bamt config (that cgminer_opts line) and BAMT will work.

Yes, this is what I was getting at, it appears he is trying to declare things in both the CGMiner line in the BAMT config, as well as the CGMiner config file itself.  Its simple really, use the config file, and just tell BAMT to go look there.  So, this is what you should do.

1) Clean in stall BAMT (including changing your root password, and getting root acess)
2) Run fixer and get all updates
3) Update CGMiner and AMD SDK using the instructions here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=127622.0
4) In the BAMT config file, make these declarations.
     -Just below where it has the SMTP settings put these setting:
          -cgminer: 1
          -cgminer_opts: --config /etc/bamt/cgminer.conf
     -Go down to GPU0, delete the disable: 1 line, and replace it with cgminer: 1
     -Save your file
5) Create the cgminer.conf by typing: nano /etc/bamt/cgminer.conf
6) Copy and paste the config file you posted earlier for it in here, including all of the pool data, then save.
7) Coldreboot

That should be all you need for BAMT to start, start CGMiner automatically, connect, and use the settings you have told it to.

Squiggly letters, written really fast, with a couple of dots for good measure.
philips

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 02:17:05 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2013, 04:29:26 PM by philips

The BAMT he is using has the best combination of SDK and AMD drivers for 7XXX cards already installed.
I also gave him one of the latest cgminer (the same version I use now).
This was the point of my intervention here, a ready to use BAMT for 7xxx cards.

What method to use for cgminer arguments is a matter of choice, there isn't a good one and a bad one.
This BAMT is already configured for entering all the arguments in the cgminer_opts line.
He can always choose the other method instead, but better not mix them.
MrBilling (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 06:27:55 PM

I understood there were two ways to do it.  By using a cgminer config with me manually starting cgminer and then by using BAMT.  I think some of my problem was that I kept forgetting that BAMT was gonna automatically start mining.  So some of the times I was starting cgminer manually BAMT was already mining.

I just thought that the BAMT way wasn't working because I was trying to mine LTC.

So I was bouncing back and forth trying to figure it out.

So last night I got it running by just changing the cgminer opts line.  Right now I got it running using the cgminer conf and the ops line.  all I have on the ops line is, --scrypt, apil-listen, and gpu fan 100.

When I first got to the rig this morning it was like stuck.  It still said it was mining and it wasnt froze as I could open stuff.  But the shares werent going up.

I tried to hit restart mining and then I tried stop mining and then start mining.  And nothing happened.  The GPOUmon never showed that mining had stopped.

I ended up having to close the GPUmon window and reopen it.

Im gonna see if it does it again.  It is running fine right now.  I think maybe GPUmon froze and it really was mining.  Because when I hit stop mining it popped up the window where it stops mining but GPUmon didn't show any change.  Then when I closed and reopened GPUmon it showed that mining was stopped.  (I had stopped it).

And again Im sorry for bugging you guys by being all over the place.  I REALLY appreciate your help.  Especially you Phillips.  I would be nowhere without your help.  I have donated to lordcrappo as you suggested.
MrBilling (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 09:26:16 PM

I set it to run again and all was running right.

Then I left for a couple hours and when I got back it was froze again.  This time I couldnt even move the mouse.

Going to go over everything again and see if it does it again.  If it does I am going to start over with a fresh BAMT install.
MrBilling (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 09:34:49 PM

And how do I get the IP address of my BAMT rig?  Right now the only address I can get is the local one 192.168.x.xxx.  This is not the correct address to use right?  Because I will only be able to loginto it if I were connected to my home network?

I have SSH client on my iphone and it would be great to be able to restart the miners if they crash.
philips

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 10:11:58 PM

Start reading from here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28967.msg758975#msg758975

As I have been told you: consult the BAMT main thread, tons and tons of answers already there.
philips

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 02:44:36 PM

As promised, latest cgminer (3.1.1) compiled on this version of BAMT: cgminer.zip
MrBilling (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:35:44 AM

As promised, latest cgminer (3.1.1) compiled on this version of BAMT: cgminer.zip

So do the same thing as with the other cgminer?  Just copy the folder over?

Much thanks
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: