Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:36:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A warning about Localbitcoins  (Read 614 times)
codehtcmail (OP)

Activity: 1188
Merit: 260

Tryig to survive in this harsh world

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 08:55:01 AM

A warning about Localbitcoins, they have suspended my account and when I have sent the required documents to reinstate it they said it is too high risk.
They did not notify me of the suspension, just one day couldn't buy from sellers, they did not say what is the reason of the suspension. In support each time I get a reply from a different person !!
I seek a resolution for this situation if anyone knows how to contact them in a more direct way.

Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 10:40:54 AM

A warning about Localbitcoins, they have suspended my account and when I have sent the required documents to reinstate it they said it is too high risk.
Why did the suspend your account in the first place ? You must have definitely raised a few red flags in your trades or might have been reported.I have reported accounts which were up for sale on bitcointalk and they instantly banned it asking for more verification.

They did not notify me of the suspension, just one day couldn't buy from sellers, they did not say what is the reason of the suspension. In support each time I get a reply from a different person !!
That's how suspension works dude! They won't send you a message before suspending your account.Your case seems like a legit reported account thingy.Did you mess up any of your previous deals ?

I seek a resolution for this situation if anyone knows how to contact them in a more direct way.
Post the same on their forum.
codehtcmail (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 10:50:45 AM

Why did the suspend your account in the first place ? You must have definitely raised a few red flags in your trades or might have been reported.I have reported accounts which were up for sale on bitcointalk and they instantly banned it asking for more verification.

That's how suspension works dude! They won't send you a message before suspending your account.Your case seems like a legit reported account thingy.Did you mess up any of your previous deals ?

Post the same on their forum.

My account was never for sale, they did not specify any reason, I submitted all verification required as they said and still it is suspended, it's not banned, but I can not trade.
Lately I noticed my account was logged off more often than usual, but I have Google Authenticator and had not noticed any suspicious activity !! It's their lack of communication that I am condemning, if they were sure they will not reinstate my account why ask for verification in the first place ?
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 06:57:23 PM

My account was never for sale, they did not specify any reason, I submitted all verification required as they said and still it is suspended, it's not banned, but I can not trade.
Lately I noticed my account was logged off more often than usual, but I have Google Authenticator and had not noticed any suspicious activity !! It's their lack of communication that I am condemning, if they were sure they will not reinstate my account why ask for verification in the first place ?
Assuming you're telling the truth,this kinda seems because I'm very much active on their forum and this hasn't happened before.Did you open a thread about this in their forum ? You should.
If you can message me your LBC account username ,I'll try to figure out what went wrong.
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 10:40:53 PM

Thank you.

We need more proof from you before we can reach any sort of conclusions here. It seems extremely unlikely that a company with a legitimate business model would suspend your account for no apparent reason. That's really odd for me.

I've used local bitcoin plenty of times and have held over 10 btc in their wallet in total. I've seen others hold 100+btc at once in their LBC wallets without issue.
codehtcmail (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 12:46:22 AM

Thank you.

We need more proof from you before we can reach any sort of conclusions here. It seems extremely unlikely that a company with a legitimate business model would suspend your account for no apparent reason. That's really odd for me.

I've used local bitcoin plenty of times and have held over 10 btc in their wallet in total. I've seen others hold 100+btc at once in their LBC wallets without issue.

Proof to you ? are you from Localbitcoins ?
The problem as it seems is that me and my brother both have a Localbitcoins accounts, we share the same ADSL now as he is home for the vacations (he's a student), I told them that, in addition my brother lives in a city 30 km away and has the same ADSL offer as me as we get a discount when you refer a friend or family member to the same offer (our offer is called Smart ADSL).
Chevas Regal

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

www.tgtcoins.com/ico

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2017, 06:43:55 AM

I have a localbitcoin account and total volume traded is over 5 BTC , the account is of 2016 and is verified , till now i never have any problem. I hope you again try emailing the support and they will sort it out.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀██████████
███████▀▄▄█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▀▀██████
████▀▄█████████████████████▄▀████
███ ██████████▀▀▀████████████ ███
██ ███████████   █████████████▄▀█
█ █▌████████▀▀   ▀▀▀▀████████▐█ █
▌▐█ ██████████  ▐████████████▌██▐
▌██▐████████         ████████▌▐█▐
▌▐█ ██████████  ▐████████████▌██▐
█ █▄██████████  ▐████████████▄█ █
██ ███████████▄  ▀▀▀ █████████▀▄█
███ ████████████▄▄▄▄█████████ ███
████▄▀█████████████████████▀▄████
██████▄▄▀▀██▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█▀▀▄▄██████
██████████▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄██████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Target Coin

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄██▀                ▀██▄
▐██                ██  ██▌
██▌      ▄▄████▄▄  ▀▀  ▐██
██▌    ▄██▀▀  ▀▀██▄    ▐██
██▌   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██
██▌   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██
██▌    ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀    ▐██
██▌      ▀▀████▀▀      ▐██
▐██                    ██▌
 ▀██▄                ▄██▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀

codehtcmail (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 06:45:19 AM

I have a localbitcoin account and total volume traded is over 5 BTC , the account is of 2016 and is verified , till now i never have any problem. I hope you again try emailing the support and they will sort it out.

My total volume traded is between 25 and 50, I will contact support again and ask them to lift this suspension, hope they will listen.
roterdam

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

interested to BUY CASASCIUS

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 11:14:55 AM

BLA BLA BLA....
THIS GUYCHEVAS REGAL  IT'S A SERIAL SCAMMER HE TRIED TO THIEVE  ME 10 BTC, HE DON'T KNOW THEY ARE THE 10 ETH MORE EXPENSIVE OF HIS LIFE, I'M  A BIGBAGHOLDER AND HIS ARMS BE BROKED I WILL PUT 100 ETH FOR IT MORE UPDATES INCOMING
cashintor1

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

BUY/SELL BTC via WU/PayPal +33*758788429 +WhatsAPP

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 10:50:38 AM

Same happened to me recently. I have been a verified member for more than an year. Support pointed me to their Terms of Service I have already knew. Support is clueless about their Terms. No reason to lock my account. LBC is going down...

sighsofthelambs

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:21:44 AM

I'm new to bitcoin but all I hear from localbitcoins are scammers and unresponsive cs lol better avoid it then
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: